What is The Weakest Position on The Bills Roster That Pick 25 Would Instantly Make the Team Stronger ?

T master

8 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

We're going for being competitive for a Super Bowl over the next 12 to 15 years. They've made that clear again and again and again. Every time they're asked about their goals that's what they say, consistently being competitive.

You don't say yes or no on a pick based on this year's needs. It does factor in, absolutely, but it's not the final say.

The McGahee pick was awful. But he was never the same guy. His injury was a ton worse and medical technology is a lot better now. IMO they should take Williams if he's there. But certainly it could end up being an awful decision. As could they all, really. But IMO the risk is low enough that if your doctors give you the OK you should very strongly consider it.

I don’t think many people would argue with a bolded, but the context here is that people are responding to the question asked by the OP.  So people are discussing what impact the Bills most positively this season.  Let’s not forget that teams can err on the focus of long term over near term too.  I think the Bills did that last season.  If we had made an addition like Von Miller last off-season, I think we would’ve hoisted the SB trophy.  This season I don’t want to see an inadequate CB corps derail us the same way.  Obviously there is still plenty of time to improve the position via FA, trade and/or the draft.  But it’s the screaming need for this team.

• Agree 2

22 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

T Man, are you bored as you know CB is the biggest need.  Cmon brother.

As of right now there are 9 CB listed on the roster & they will probably get another in the draft that makes 10 which sure it would be nice to have 2 lock down corners but there are 2 starters after Tre comes back so with having at least 2 others that are worthy of playing i feel thats not a with out a doubt need .

But that is what every body thinks so if you feel that is a position of weakness then that's okay it's okay to not agree but i feel if we had a bigger better back the offense would even be better than it is & i feel Moss is not a strength at all Motor is good & we have no idea if Duke is going to be what they need & the FB is rarely used .

So that leaves 1 good back in my eyes that's a weakness but apparently that's just me .

On 4/23/2022 at 1:45 PM, SCBills said:

I wouldn’t say CB, because Tre will be back. 

Tre, Dane and Taron is a pretty solid trio and while someone like Booth (if available) might take it to another level, it seems the staff is high on Dane, and for good reason. 

Probably RB.  Not saying we should draft one at 25, but Breece Hall’s potential dwarfs anyone we have on the roster. 

I'm glad some people can read the entire post & understand where my point is coming from .

If the Bills were to add say Breece Hall at the 25th pick & lets say he puts up the kind of numbers he did in his senior year which were

253 att. at 5.8 ppc 1472 yds 

36 rec. for 302 yds 

Motor stats 2021 

188 att 4.6 ypc 870 yds 

40 rec for 228 yds 

Add these 2 together instead of Moss 

96 att 3.6 ypc for 345 yds 

23 rec for 197 yds 

So which would instantly make the team better that's all i'm asking & thank you for looking at this as it was intended !

20 minutes ago, T master said:

I'm glad some people can read the entire post & understand where my point is coming from .

If the Bills were to add say Breece Hall at the 25th pick & lets say he puts up the kind of numbers he did in his senior year which were

36 rec. for 302 yds 

Motor stats 2021 

188 att 4.6 ypc 870 yds 

40 rec for 228 yds 

23 rec for 197 yds 

So which would instantly make the team better that's all i'm asking & thank you for looking at this as it was intended !

Nowhere near 250 carries for 1 RB in this offense 

It's probably going to be closer to a 200 carry guy and 100-120 for another

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Nowhere near 250 carries for 1 RB in this offense 

It's probably going to be closer to a 200 carry guy and 100-120 for another

Agree but which would you rather have on the field that would instantly make the team better Moss or Hall ?

Every play weather it's a run or a pass goes through Josh & he will only be able to take so much of a beating & all it takes is 1 hit & he could be done for the year so someone to take some of that off of him & keep the ground game as productive as if Josh was running is a plus bot to long & short term .

Also any RB they do get will not get the kind of production like Hall had in his senior year because we have Josh but i feel the team would be much better off with a add of this kind & it would be for 4 yrs at a good price .

Edited by T master

4 minutes ago, T master said:

Agree but which would you rather have on the field that would instantly make the team better Moss or Hall ?

Every play weather it's a run or a pass goes through Josh & he will only be able to take so much of a beating & all it takes is 1 hit & he could be done for the year so someone to take some of that off of him & keep the ground game as productive as if Josh was running is a plus bot to long & short term .

Also any RB they do get will not get the kind of production like Hall had in his senior year because we have Josh but i feel the team would be much better off with a add of this kind & it would be for 4 yrs at a good price .

Again it comes down to value 

Devin singletary is not holding us back from winning the super bowl 

We could have easily won it last year with him as our lead 

Now can we do better than Devin? And get a better one two punch? Sure  

But I don't think that's the number one thing holding us back from the super bowl.. I do think we are extremely thin in the secondary in a passing League 

Breece is in consideration but I don't think he's beanes top guy

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, T master said:

36 rec. for 302 yds 

Motor stats 2021 

188 att 4.6 ypc 870 yds 

40 rec for 228 yds 

23 rec for 197 yds 

I don't think that's how it works

Moss's senior year was

235 att 6.0 ypc 1416 yds

28 rec 388 yds

So they take another chance except this time in the 1st rnd?

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/24/2022 at 12:15 AM, SCBills said:

I wouldn’t say CB, because Tre will be back. 

Tre, Dane and Taron is a pretty solid trio and while someone like Booth (if available) might take it to another level, it seems the staff is high on Dane, and for good reason. 

Probably RB.  Not saying we should draft one at 25, but Breece Hall’s potential dwarfs anyone we have on the roster. 

Our defense gave up 42 points to the chiefs.   An upgrade on the defensive backside is critical. 

Hall will be a tremendous addition to this team, plus he will be available for 5 years... though one will have to pay the average of the top-15 RBs in the 5th year.  I still see the Bills going the route of picking a RB in the 2nd round and sticking with a CB, WR or IOL in the 1st round (BPA)

1 hour ago, T master said:

36 rec. for 302 yds 

Motor stats 2021 

188 att 4.6 ypc 870 yds 

40 rec for 228 yds 

23 rec for 197 yds 

Well, clearly your thread title was a way to disguise your true premise hoping Hall would be widely accepted as a wise first round pick at #25. Apparently few people believe that is true.  At least you have come clean, finally. I’m pretty sure about this….I don’t think Hall’s senior year was played in the NFL behind the Bills generally inept run blocking OL. 

Unless a guy is other-worldly, I don’t see running back as being first round worthy in today’s passing oriented NFL.  You take premium positions in the first round.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/23/2022 at 7:49 PM, BillsFanForever19 said:

What this article fails to take into account, is (for whatever reason) he waited over two weeks before doing the surgery on 12/14. So you need to add that time to that.

In this thread you've posited that an Achilles tear somehow has a...shorter NFL recovery timetable than an ACL (which is bonkers at least in terms of functional high-end athleticism; that injury means a FULL year before someone is right again, if they ever get it all back). ACLs have become rote. So obviously you're hyper-concerned about the CB depth chart (or want the Bills to draft a different position) and the injury is exacerbating things for you (which is at least a little understandable). 

But here, in the quoted post, you write that "(FOR WHATEVER REASON) [Tre] waited over two weeks before doing the surgery" (all emphases mine). So now there is something else going on. Now, suddenly, you're ignoring myriad reasonable contexts surrounding significant injuries (such as inflammation (most common complication), infection, conflicting medical opinions, etc.) to, I guess, introduce further doubt about Tre, or the team, or both? Or just to reinforce your own fears (or conflicting draft desires). I don't know. But two weeks between significant injury/trauma and high-stakes surgery is NOT noteworthy. 

Edited by Richard Noggin
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

In this thread you've posited that an Achilles tear somehow has a...shorter NFL recovery timetable than an ACL (which is bonkers at least in terms of functional high-end athleticism; that injury means a FULL year before someone is right again, if they ever get it all back). ACLs have become rote. So obviously you're hyper-concerned about the CB depth chart (or want the Bills to draft a different position) and the injury is exacerbating things for you (which is at least a little understandable). 

But here, in the quoted post, you write that "(FOR WHATEVER REASON) [Tre] waited over two weeks before doing the surgery" (all emphases mine). So now there is something else going on. Now, suddenly, you're ignoring myriad reasonable contexts surrounding significant injuries (such as inflammation (most common complication), infection, conflicting medical opinions, etc.) to, I guess, introduce further doubt about Tre, or the team, or both? Or just to reinforce your own fears (or conflicting draft desires). I don't know. But two weeks between significant injury/trauma and high-stakes surgery is NOT noteworthy. 

I think you're reading too much into my wording of "for whatever reason". It wasn't as deep as you're implying. Simply stating he got it done two weeks later for reasons unknown to me. Reasons that could be what you pointed out.

But my point was, that it's an added two weeks to his recovery time. Meaning if Doctors don't recommend someone returning to full contact participation before 9 months, that would mean the difference between being able to return to on field work just before the start of the season and a couple weeks into the season. 

As for the Achilles v. ACL discussion - I never implied that it meant Ike Boettger would be 100% what he was. Simply that there have been advances in Achilles rehabilitation that have proven large dividends recently. Cam Akers returned from injury in 5 months this past season.

Also and more importantly, the chances of re-tearing an Achilles are less than re-injuring an ACL, especially a rushed ACL recovery. Which is why I think Ike's recovery time will be less than Tre's. Especially when you consider Tre's importance to the team versus Ike's.

The rate of re-rupture of Achilles tendon after surgical treatment were reported to 1.7–5.6% previously.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3981436/

Returning to knee-strenuous sport before 9 months after ACL reconstruction was associated with an approximately 7 fold increased rate of sustaining a second ACL injury.

https://mobilityfit.com/why-we-suggest-return-to-sport-9-months-after-acl-repair-versus-6-months/

My ultimate take is this - one can HOPE for the best possible outcome. But to expect it and bank on it by not ensuring the position is foolish. Especially to take the stance that he's definitely going to be practicing in Training Camp and be returning by the start of the season. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19

11 hours ago, Augie said:

Well, clearly your thread title was a way to disguise your true premise hoping Hall would be widely accepted as a wise first round pick at #25. Apparently few people believe that is true.  At least you have come clean, finally. I’m pretty sure about this….I don’t think Hall’s senior year was played in the NFL behind the Bills generally inept run blocking OL. 

Unless a guy is other-worldly, I don’t see running back as being first round worthy in today’s passing oriented NFL.  You take premium positions in the first round.

Well i'm sorry you feel this post was to try to be deceptive but i based it all on the interview i heard that as i said seemed to make sense & that feeling the Bills as i said "Overall" were a strong team given who they brought in as players/ coaches & that this was more of a luxury pick .

I'm sorry but i feel if you read & comprehend the entirety of the post you might in some way understand what i was saying & where i was coming from .

Sure Singletary is a decent back which i really like & i hope that Duke will be a upgrade over Moss but he could be a 1 yr player then if Moss continues the way he has ?? he's gone or should be . 

My true feeling & pick would probably be one of the stud LBers in this draft because i don't think the Bills will be willing to pay Edmunds what he will feel he is worth but if they do draft a LB in the first round the writing will be on the wall which could cause a situation & the Bills can win with Edmunds .

So given my deceptive heading in your expert opinion what is your pick that would be in that "Elite" status for the Bills ? Help me understand my true intentions or thoughts & where i need or did come clean in this post . This post was in the thought of being a hypothetical/luxury type of pick Thanks .

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.