Deebo Samuel tells 49ers not to offer extension because he wants to be traded

Big Turk

11 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's not a RB.  He's never had more than 8 carries a game---and that began in WEEK 11.   That isn't running him into the ground in any real way.  6-8 carries a game next year downs't quite put him up there with, say, Zeke's 1650 carries in 6 years or, say, Cook's 1200 touches in only 5 years.  

He's a WR who they ask to run a handful of times a game.  

Then he doesn't really think he's being "run into the ground"--he just wants more money, which is fine.

Perhaps his agents pointed out the extra wear and tear being put on him which made him rethink things in that regard because he never considered that point. 

1 hour ago, BRH said:

The Jets’ interest in Deebo and the Dolphins’ trade for Hill make me think their GMs must actually think Josh is only good because he has Diggs. 

I think Hill paired with Waddle will definitely help out Tua a lot. Anyone who gives up a lot for Deebo will definitely be reaching. He’s had only one 1,000 yard season and Jimmy G is definitely better than Wilson. Adding deebo won’t solve Wilson’s problems

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Perhaps his agents pointed out the extra wear and tear being put on him which made him rethink things in that regard because he never considered that point. 

If he is that fragile I would be afraid to give him a big contract. 

If Deebo is willing to play out this season without a new contract.............Gabe Davis for Deebo?

Who says no?

Niners would get a guy who many anticipate to break out like Samuel did last season..........and get him for two seasons.

Bills get one season of a PROVEN star player in his walk year who flips the narrative about their league worst YAC ability.   

Case in point........Stef Diggs had 3.2 YAC/R last season........Deebo had 10 YAC/R.

If it's a match made in heaven then maybe they actually do retain Deebo and just keep shuttling vet min/rookies at WR3-WR4 for the next few years.

They could still later address a long term WR2 alternative with a Davis-style vertical option in the draft.

Then if they traded up with the Giants they maybe turn that pick into Evan Neal and get around to doing what they said was priority #1.........protecting Josh Allen.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

53 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Why? Because he is smart enough to know longevity will be thin at this rate?

See how Tyreek Hill likes doing it in Miami. My guess is he won't like it.

Some guys want the ball all the time and he only wants it some of the times... just enough to get stats.

Quick someone tell Mckenzie that he shouldn't be running the ball.

Edited by TBBills
  • Eyeroll 1

24 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Some guys want the ball all the time and he only wants it some of the times... just enough to get stats.

Big difference between a guy playing WR1 and doing it and a guy being used for Jet motion packages and as a backup WR

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Headed toward leveon-ville if not careful 

Now this is getting juicy. No one is going to make a huge trade for him now IMO... he ***** the 49ers and himself.

I hope the Jets trade for him, he gets to play on a bad team, with a bad QB... oh and pay him a ton of money.

He has 1 injury as a RB, every other injury was practice or WR hamstring/groin injuries.  

Even his ankle injury wasn't b.c he was playing RB, he was far down the field when it happened. So am I to expect not alot of yac either b.c that is running the ball...

Edited by TBBills

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If Deebo is willing to play out this season without a new contract.............Gabe Davis for Deebo?

Who says no?

Niners would get a guy who many anticipate to break out like Samuel did last season..........and get him for two seasons.

Bills get one season of a PROVEN star player in his walk year who flips the narrative about their league worst YAC ability.   

Case in point........Stef Diggs had 3.2 YAC/R last season........Deebo had 10 YAC/R.

If it's a match made in heaven then maybe they actually do retain Deebo and just keep shuttling vet min/rookies at WR3-WR4 for the next few years.

They could still later address a long term WR2 alternative with a Davis-style vertical option in the draft.

Then if they traded up with the Giants they maybe turn that pick into Evan Neal and get around to doing what they said was priority #1.........protecting Josh Allen.

The niners say no imo.  I hear the jets are offering #10 (and more).  Niners would take that 10/10 times over gabe imo.  But maybe that’s just a nonsense rumor.  Either way, I don’t see why the niners would swap the 2 WRs straight up.  I think they can get more. And it allows deebo to get paid now 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

The niners say no imo.  I hear the jets are offering #10 (and more).  Niners would take that 10/10 times over gabe imo.  But maybe that’s just a nonsense rumor.  Either way, I don’t see why the niners would swap the 2 WRs straight up.  I think they can get more. And it allows deebo to get paid now 

Yeah the Niners would first have to see Davis as the less risky but still high ceiling WR option for their veteran contending team and young QB.    As opposed to whomever is left at pick 10.

And also that Deebo would prefer not to go to another Shanahan type system.......or a losing organization with a young, unproven QB situation.

We really don't know what's going on there because it doesn't make a lot of sense that he wouldn't just sign back with SF if they promised not to use him like a RB the way they did in the second half of 2021.

If he were willing to play out his deal elsewhere and still contend for a SB.........playing with Josh Allen would be appealing.

It will be very interesting to see if guys like Deebo, AJ Brown and McClauren can leverage their dissatisfaction into new deals or if teams draw the line on these 3 year vets.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, TBBills said:

Sure, compare a star to a guy lucky to be on a roster.

Remember your feelings when an employer asks you to ruin your career for their gain. 

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Sure, compare a star to a guy lucky to be on a roster.

Remember your feelings when an employer asks you to ruin your career for their gain. 

If he is that fragile then he doesn't need to be playing. His injuries are from practice and him being a WR.

I am glad he isnt on the Bills. I doubt he ends up with much of a career. A star would want the ball every time... he is not a star.

Edited by TBBills
  • Eyeroll 1

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I'd be interested in knowing the average depth of the initial catch for each of those guys. Easy to rack up YAC when you are catching short pop passes and working as more of a RB vs making contested catches 15 yards downfield.

13 minutes ago, TBBills said:

If he is that fragile then he doesn't need to be playing. His injuries are from practice and him being a WR.

I am glad he isnt on the Bills. I doubt he ends up with much of a career. A star would want the ball every time... he is not a star.

We will have to agree to disagree, that simple. 

Though I will tell you, the entire time I listen to your response I can imagine you speaking down to an employee like they are just a tool to build an empire with.

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'd be interested in knowing the average depth of the initial catch for each of those guys. Easy to rack up YAC when you are catching short pop passes and working as more of a RB vs making contested catches 15 yards downfield.

Diggs had 8.7 ybc.......11.9 total ypc 1200 yards receiving

Deebo had 8.3 ybc......18.2 total ypc 1400 yards receiving (also the 365 yards rushing on 6.2 ypc)

So about the same depth of target at the catch point on average.

Just WAY more YAC.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Who says no?

People talking about YAC just don't get it. The routes ran by the Bills WR were not designed with YAC in mind. Often times they were comebacks, sideline routes that took the receivers out of bounds on deep overs or scramble drill plays. The lack of YAC was a result of the routes they ran not due to issues with the receivers themselves. Won't make a difference who the WRs are if they run the same routes.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I would think that YAC are more important for offenses with weaker armed QBs, that have a harder time pushing the ball down field...

Perhaps, with Allen’s ability to push the ball downfield, and his escape ability from the pass rush, maybe the thinking with Daboll’s offense was that YAC becomes less important...just a thought...

10 hours ago, BRH said:

The Jets’ interest in Deebo and the Dolphins’ trade for Hill make me think their GMs must actually think Josh is only good because he has Diggs. 

I hope they do. It is my genuine wish that both dysfunctional front offices continue to make as many terrible choices as humanly possible. Unfortunately, we can't count on them having a drought as painfully long as ours. We really showed the laws of probability what for with those 17 years. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.