TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Completed!

Virgil

3 hours ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

With the 26th pick in the TSW 2022 draft, the Titans have agreed to trade the pick to the Seattle Seahawks in exchange for picks 40 and 72 of the 2022 draft. This trade gives us an extra pick in the top 100. 
@HappyDays and the Seahawks are now on the clock.

With the 26th selection, the Seattle Seahawks select Matt Corral, QB, Ole Miss.

We have offensive talent that can compete now and 70 year old Pete Carroll isn't waiting around for a long rebuild. The rebuild has to start with a QB. We like Corral's quick release and competitiveness. He won't be handed the job but he has a good chance of beating out Drew Lock. We traded up to jump ahead of the Bucs and Lions who we see as potential QB landing spots in the 1st round.

The Bucs @RyanC883 is on the clock

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We have offensive talent that can compete now and 70 year old Pete Carroll isn't waiting around for a long rebuild. The rebuild has to start with a QB. We like Corral's quick release and competitiveness. He won't be handed the job but he has a good chance of beating out Drew Lock. We traded up to jump ahead of the Bucs and Lions who we see as potential QB landing spots in the 1st round.

With the 27th selection, the Bucs select Devonte Wyatt, DT, Georgia.  

The Bucs are not missing many pieces, but are down Suh on their DL.  Wyatt went to the Bucs for a pre draft visit and this is a great match of BPA and need.  

The Packers @GunnerBill are on the clock.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Corral was on the Lions short list.

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Ravens (Alphadawg7) are on the clock

With the 28th pick in the draft, the Baltimore Ravens select:  David Ojabo, OLB Michigan

Our new DC Macdonald knows Ojabo better than anyone from their time together in Michigan, and we know what kind of a player we are getting.  His unfortunate injury saw him slide, but our medical staff and coaches have full confidence in a full recovery and that he will help us win ball games this season.  At 28, the talent is just too much to pass up here and we feel he will make an immediate impact once back on the field some time likely early this season, especially with us installing a similar system to what Ojabo played in at Michigan.  Once our target at 14, we are thrilled to be able to move up here and make sure he is a Raven.  

Ojabo feels a big need for us, our sack total was the lowest as it’s been in years.  Adding Jordan Davis and now Ojabo, we feel our defense is headed back in the right direction to get back to those vaunted defenses the Ravens have been known for.

On the clock now are @CNYfanand the Falcons.  

8 minutes ago, Virgil said:

@Alphadawg7 ........

Sorry was on a work zoom call for a little bit

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

With the 28th pick in the draft, the Baltimore Ravens select:  David Ojabo, OLB Michigan

Our new DC Macdonald knows Ojabo better than anyone from their time together in Michigan, and we know what kind of a player we are getting.  His unfortunate injury saw him slide, but our medical staff and coaches have full confidence in a full recovery and that he will help us win ball games this season.  At 28, the talent is just too much to pass up here and we feel he will make an immediate impact once back in the field some time likely early this season, especially with us installing a similar system to what Ojabo played in at Michigan.  Once our target at 14, we are thrilled to  e able to move up here and make sure he is a Raven.  

Ojabo feels a big need for us, our sack total was the lowest as it’s been in years.  Adding Jordan Davis and now Ojabo, we feel our defense is headed back in the right direction to get back to those vaunted defenses the Ravens have been known for.

On the clock now are @CNYfanand the Falcons.  

Sorry was on a work zoom call for a little bit

How dare you?!  Did you tell them you had a pick to make?  What's your manager's name and number.  I will call him so this type of interference doesn't happen again

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Falcons (CNYFan) are on the clock
2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

How dare you?!  Did you tell them you had a pick to make?  What's your manager's name and number.  I will call him so this type of interference doesn't happen again

Um…youre talking to him, I own the company haha.  I penalize myself though per your request haha

• Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Think it is a very Ravens thing to do. They don't draft guys for what they are year 1, they take the longer view. His injury would not take him off their board unless they think it is something that will cause longer term issues. Nice job. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

image.png.a07e9fbc42adbb52842a7e6db156a53e.png

• Haha (+1) 3

Um…youre talking to him, I own the company haha.  I penalize myself though per your request haha

Ah you should make your employees wait like every other boss does. You got things to do. 

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

It's so hard to not want to trade the Bills 2nd, 3rd, and 2nd next year to get back on the board and take McDuffie

If we came away with Wilson and McDuffie, I would be satisfied. You would still have 4,5, and two sixes and a 7 for depth. 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Think it is a very Ravens thing to do. They don't draft guys for what they are year 1, they take the longer view. His injury would not take him off their board unless they think it is something that will cause longer term issues. Nice job. 

Agreed, it’s not out of the question they don’t still take him at 14 either TBH.

I very briefly considered Karlaftis here, but I don’t know, I’m not sold on him.  He didn’t run at the combine, his bench was mediocre, and he only had 4.5 sacks last year.  And all I keep hearing is about his motor as to why to ignore low sack production and mediocre strength and speed.  Reminds me of the old Bills.  

He just seems like a risk.  I’m always leery of guys who have to explain why their production was low.  Also concerns me to hear him make excuses and then also say he doesn’t care about sacks, and that there are other ways to affect the play.  Which IS TRUE but, I want a “closer” in the first round, not a guy who just gets some pressure in there.

So while I still think he’s a good prospect, And good value for who takes him soon, I think his ceiling is just lower than a guy like Ojabo, especially for the Ravens where Macdonald knows him and the system being installed by him is similar to what Ojabo excelled in at Michigan.  

• Sad 1

Agreed, it’s not out of the question they don’t still take him at 14 either TBH.

I very briefly considered Karlaftis here, but I don’t know, I’m not sold on him.  He didn’t run at the combine, his bench was mediocre, and he only had 4.5 sacks last year.  And all I keep hearing is about his motor as to why to ignore low sack production and mediocre strength and speed.  Reminds me of the old Bills.  

He just seems like a risk.  I’m always leery of guys who have to explain why their production was low.  Also concerns me to hear him make excuses and then also say he doesn’t care about sacks, and that there are other ways to affect the play.  Which IS TRUE but, I want a “closer” in the first round, not a guy who just gets some pressure in there.

So while I still think he’s a good prospect, And good value for who takes him soon, I think his ceiling is just lower than a guy like Ojabo, especially for the Ravens where Macdonald knows him and the system being installed by him is similar to what Ojabo excelled in at Michigan.  

Karlaftis' ceiling is definitely lower. Ojabo pre-injury was gone inside the top 16 picks without a single doubt in my mind. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Karlaftis' ceiling is definitely lower. Ojabo pre-injury was gone inside the top 16 picks without a single doubt in my mind. 

Agreed…likely no chance he would have even made it past the Ravens at 14 pre-injury.  Could have been gone even before that pick too.

And like I said, it’s certainly possible still the Ravens take him at 14 even now after the injury.  

The main reason I went Jordan Davis at 14 in this mock was simply the fact that Ojabo is so good because of his athletic ability, and there is no guarantee with Achilles tears that he will regain all of that ability back once recovered.  

But, I think it’s still probable he does, so taking him now at 28 makes a lot of sense to me and properly factors in the risks.  

With the 29th Pick in the 2022 TSW Mock Draft the Atlanta Falcons select Trent McDuffie CB Washington.   

The Falcons need help everywhere, but CB was a spot that definitely needed improvement.  This is strong value for the Falcons who are the benefit of the "short arms" narrative for a great player whom they are shocked to see still available.  

With the 30th pick in the 2022 TSW Mock Draft the Atlanta Falcons select George Pickens WR Georgia Pickens WR Georgia.   The Receiving Corps is extremely shorthanded, so the Falcons take a chance on a high upside player with some maturity concerns.    This is a gamble after the Calvin Ridley fiasco, but the talent is undeniable.  There was a strong argument for Edge with Boye Mafe but at this point scoring some points and giving Mariota and Pitts some help tipped the scales.    

The Bengals @Might Rather are on the clock

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Bengals (Might Rather) are on the clock
7 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

With the 29th Pick in the 2022 TSW Mock Draft the Atlanta Falcons select Trent McDuffie CB Washington.   

The Falcons need help everywhere, but CB was a spot that definitely needed improvement.  This is strong value for the Falcons who are the benefit of the "short arms" narrative for a great player whom they are shocked to see still available.  

With the 30th pick in the 2022 TSW Mock Draft the Atlanta Falcons select George Pickens WR Georgia Pickens WR Georgia.   The Receiving Corps is extremely shorthanded, so the Falcons take a chance on a high upside player with some maturity concerns.    This is a gamble after the Calvin Ridley fiasco, but the talent is undeniable.  There was a strong argument for Edge with Boye Mafe but at this point scoring some points and giving Mariota and Pitts some help tipped the scales.    

The Bengals @Might Rather are on the clock

I like the Pickens selection but with Casey Haywood signed in FA and AJ Terrell having an excellent sophomore season I wonder if corner really is a big need at this stage? I suppose it would allow them to play McDuffie in the slot where I do think he has elite potential. That trio actually would be among the best 1,2,3 punch in the league at corner. I take it back... I've talked myself into it 😂

Do still think edge is a major need though. 

With the 31st Pick in the 2022 TSW Mock Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select Daxton Hill Safety, Michigan.

The Bengals feel they have the offensive fire power to keep up with the likes of Allen and Mahomes but could use some help to slow them down. “A true football player. Hill is as tough as they come and always looks to deliver a blow upon contact. He plays the game the right way, playing through the whistle and always hustling to the ball even when the play goes the opposite way. His intensity and passion are evident and he plays much, much bigger than his frame should allow.”

The Lions @frostbitmic are on the clock

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.