TSW Mock Draft Buffalo Bills Poll - Who should the Bills take at 89? Top 2 remaining ***Poll will close at 10p est

Virgil

Who should the Bills take at 89?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills take at 89?

• John Metchie III, WR, Alabama (77)
    • Rasheed Walker, OL, Penn St (54)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/07/2022 at 02:00 AM

Please vote on who you would like to see the Bills take at #89.

These are the players available based upon our TSW Mock Draft 1.0.

Players were selected based upon the remaining top 90 rated players according to CBS Sports (ESPN isn't updated).  I did not include QB or RB based upon current roster and previous picks and roster.

The poll will remain open until 10p est on 4/6/22

Edited by Virgil

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Watching Metchie’s tape seems underwhelming to me.  Nothing really stands out that makes me think he’d be a strong NFL contributor 

He is a contributor not a star IMO. Ross and Thornton are higher ceiling but lower floor at WR. 

I don't think the Bills can get out day 2 without having taken one somewhere.

• Agree 1

I’m sure Metchie will win but I went Walker.  Doyle is our swing tackle and I have very little (actually none) confidence in that sitch.  

Metchie being the pick is fine by me, but I’m just not a big fan of him.  He’s pretty meh to my eyes 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

He is a contributor not a star IMO. Ross and Thornton are higher ceiling but lower floor at WR. 

I think we’re in the position where we should gamble on the higher ceiling, lower floor guys, especially at WR

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree with the bolded. I saw a ridiculous mock draft the other day (PFF maybe?) that had the Bills taking one WR...in Round 7 (Bo Melton). Round 7?? Please. smh

28 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Watching Metchie’s tape seems underwhelming to me.  Nothing really stands out that makes me think he’d be a strong NFL contributor 

He's underwhelming, for sure. I'd go upside with Justyn Ross, but according to your guidelines (which are absolutely necessary for your sanity!) he didn't qualify...

I do think Metchie has some potential, though, so also not the worst pick...

Edited by glazeduck
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Exactly. At this point I'll be stunned if we don't draft WR in first two rounds. But it seems that either we take on in first, or we need to trade up in second.

I did something I never thought I would do, nor am I proud of it.  But I picked the one player I think makes the biggest immediate impact day 1 and that was a freaking punter.  Someone shoot me, never thought I would ever advocate for a punter in the 3rd round.

But...we NEED a punter.  This kid has the potential to be the best punter in the NFL at some point.  I wanted him later, but I surprisingly think he has a good chance of being drafted in the first 4 rounds, so late picks probably not gonna get it done.  

I am not proud of this vote...but I think this pick, in a year we are the SB favorites, is the one pick we can make here that will make a significant improvement at one of our weakest positions this season.  A Tyler Bass level impact.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

40 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

I agree with the bolded. I saw a ridiculous mock draft the other day (PFF maybe?) that had the Bills taking one WR...in Round 7 (Bo Melton). Round 7?? Please. smh

I like Bo a lot as a late flier. But he couldn't be the first WR taken by this team. 

11 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Help me!! I can’t get over my Clemson bias!! Can Paul play G/T? 

I think he is guard only at the next level. Personally I also think this is a bit early for him. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Not thrilled that most/all of the OL choices are OTs when we have the bigger needs at C/G.

I guess Zac Tom played some Center, so I'll lean that way. Would like to know what C/G options are available.

I think Paul is an NFL guard. I think Tom might be an interior guy too. Interestingly TDN gave his player comp as Ryan Bates. The only one there I think is a tackle at the next level is Walker. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Paul is an NFL guard. I think Tom might be an interior guy too. Interestingly TDN gave his player comp as Ryan Bates. The only one there I think is a tackle at the next level is Walker. 

Fair enough, I'd take your word for it over any of the draft sites I'm looking at.

I also need to check our mock draft to see if Alec Lindstrom went yet.

edit: Lindstrom still available as the #2 ranked Center. I might push for that pick as well.

Of course I'm only going off of position they play as need, and some rankings I can find (and I am familiar with Lindstrom's brother who has done fairly well in Atlanta, all things considered).

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.