The Bills need to acquire an enforcer on defense.

Tipster19

I am someone who values a solid enforcer, at least in hockey. I have purchased and made many NHL fight tapes over the years. I would not mind if we somehow got a tough guy on defense, as long as he can play really well.  

I was greatly disappointed in the team's response on the field when Gronk tried to kill Tre.

But not withstanding the aforementioned, the notion of acquiring an "enforcer" in the NFL, in the year 2022, seems utterly insane and completely out of touch with reality.

😂

On 4/4/2022 at 11:36 PM, Tipster19 said:

It doesn’t matter how but before the season begins I would really like to see the Bills acquire a tough guy, an enforcer of some sort on defense. Jerry Hughes was almost that guy a couple of years back but he mellowed out a bit in the last couple of years. He committed too many costly penalties before and now he isn’t even on the team as of right now.

Not to pound a tired drum but the position that would be the best to have a tough guy at would be the MLB. As we all have realized for quite some time is Edmunds is not that guy. Even if it isn’t at that position I would still like to see that type of player somewheres on the defense. Our most physical players on the team right now imo is our Tackles. Dawkins and Brown will take care of Josh but we don’t have a very physical defense and I think that could be the missing aspect for this team to get to the next level. Last night I was thinking of Jack Lambert against the Cowboys when one of their guys were messing with the Steelers’ PK and Lambert just slammed the guy to the ground. THAT’S the kind of mentality that I would like for the Bills’ to possess. I wonder if there’s that kind of player in the draft that we could get.

Seriously? Did you not see the Von Miller signing??? 😄

It doesn’t matter how but before the season begins I would really like to see the Bills acquire a tough guy, an enforcer of some sort on defense. Jerry Hughes was almost that guy a couple of years back but he mellowed out a bit in the last couple of years. He committed too many costly penalties before and now he isn’t even on the team as of right now.

Not to pound a tired drum but the position that would be the best to have a tough guy at would be the MLB. As we all have realized for quite some time is Edmunds is not that guy. Even if it isn’t at that position I would still like to see that type of player somewheres on the defense. Our most physical players on the team right now imo is our Tackles. Dawkins and Brown will take care of Josh but we don’t have a very physical defense and I think that could be the missing aspect for this team to get to the next level. Last night I was thinking of Jack Lambert against the Cowboys when one of their guys were messing with the Steelers’ PK and Lambert just slammed the guy to the ground. THAT’S the kind of mentality that I would like for the Bills’ to possess. I wonder if there’s that kind of player in the draft that we could get.

Jack Lambert ?? Those days are long gone.

we have Von Miller and some real quality defense lineman we picked up this year, relax.

22 hours ago, T master said:

The players you speak of no longer exist in todays NFL because they are not allowed to be that way those players will always be in a different era the only player today that may come close is TJ Watt .

But seeing as the Bills got Jordan Phillips back if he can be the player he was the last year he played for the Bills 9.5 sacks & the pressure he put on opposing teams that would be good enough for me because seeing the need for Miller to be accounted for and don't forget Ed this unit could be exactly what you are looking for ...

Am I really seeing what I think I'm seeing? You're arguing with yourself?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Beerball said:

Am I really seeing what I think I'm seeing? You're arguing with yourself?

I took the original post as him looking for a Jack Lambert, Romonowski, type player which sure there are players like Suh that still play but there are not many like those any more Jerry Hughes use to do some foolish things getting pissed off as he said in this article but has matured to realize it does the team no good .

What i was referring to was that this unit as a whole could be that nasty type defense that would cause the opposition to think OMG it's the Bills D & not 1 individual player .

As i stated IF (which is a big if) Phillips can return to the form of player he was with the Bills add to it Oliver, Miller & otter's this could be that the of unit but you won't have that 1 nasty player that steps on people or slams the QB to the ground or applies a blind side hit like Landry did to the Bills safety a few years back .

Sorry for the confusion i hope this helps ...

On 4/4/2022 at 11:53 PM, machine gun kelly said:

You mean a guy who can get us a bunch of personal fouls for 15 yards like JERRY did over and over again when he was young.

pass.  Not needed in this nfl.  It’s more of a liability at this point.  It’s not

like Von Miller is a cream puff nor Milano.  Poyer is a tough dude as well.  We don’t need a cheap shot guy.

maybe lure Leonard Smith out of retirement?

If the Bears are dumb enough, try trading them Edmunds and Cody Ford (since they need OL help) for Roquan Smith. Both LBs are FAs next year and if we are rolling with a big check I would go Roquan over Edmunds all day. We would be amazing on defense with that. I know that would never happen but a man can dream….

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.