Today is Rick Jeanneret Day, Predators @ Sabres... Ceremony and Banner lift Around 6:40 pm

T&C

One of my hero's, whom I've never met... like Van and Tim. Looking forward to the ceremony, been listening to him since I was a kid and I'm not far from collecting SS now. Everything I've heard is that parking will be difficult, sold out crowd of 19,000 or so. Really going to miss him.

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/april-1-2022-sharpen-up-buffalo-sabres-rj-night-preview-rick-jeanneret-banner-ceremony-nashville-predators-game-night/c-332513974

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

Does anyone know if there is a way to watch this online?

Cheers

*****... just learned the "only way" for Kiwis to watch the game is to have a full-blown subscription to Sky Sports, which I don't have. 

If there are any "alternative way" to watch it, please let me know.  Cheers.

Well done tribute.  Rick was very well spoken.  

Have not watched games for years.  It was definitely cool to hear and see old footage and play-by-play.

RJ is one of a kind.  Just a fantastic announcer.  Will miss him.

Does anyone know if RJ will be calling any of the game?

Edited by davefan66
  • Thank you (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Well done tribute.  Rick was very well spoken.  

Have not watched games for years.  It was definitely cool to hear and see old footage and play-by-play.

RJ is one of a kind.  Just a fantastic announcer.  Will miss him.

Does anyone know if RJ will be calling any of the game?

Yeah, it was great... gave me the feels for sure. Tonight Rick is the man of honor, won't be calling any of it... we'd better pull out a win.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Awesome night.  I’m so glad they won.  This season has been a success period.  Okposo is a class act.  Make Tuch captain next year.

Ever since the LV game this team has been electric... I may have missed only one or two games but its kind of strange to look forward to them even though we don't have a dog in the race. Great Night, long live RJ.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Wonderful night in Sabres history.

RJ gets his banner raised to the rafters, great hockey game, incredible crowd participation, and we even get the win.

I am wondering if, in the future, we will look back to tonight as the night the Sabres organization and the fanbase kissed and made up.  I.E., normal big crowds for the rest of the season and to start next year as well.

Let's hope!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was at the game.  Incredible atmosphere and the Sabres really knocked the entire ceremony and gamenight presentation out of the park.  The team showed up and played hard.  There was no way we were going to lose that game.  An all around win for the team, the fans, the organization and of course the man of the night RJ himself!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

A truly incredible night. First sellout of the year. The arena was alive with buzz. The players were greased lightning.

I haven't been misty eyed there since the final night when the old Aud closed

So many great old jerseys and names

There was even a Tsujimoto jersey in our section  🤣

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/the-legend-of-taro-tsujimoto/c-438557

That was the first I have been to the arena in 3 years - if they finish the season strong - maybe mini-pack next year.

BTW - no one takes cash anymore  🥺

Where does Momma hide the cookies?

• Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.