Non-football Football Sunday Bills at Browns Div. Round Playoff ‘89

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, macnmotion said:

I was at that game, sat in the Dog Pound during the drive. Looking back it's a good thing Harmon dropped the pass, I might have been killed.

9 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Sunday was different then’ 1:00 games! But Ronnie Harmon!

27 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Yep!

As we all put into the Bills folklore that day: 

“Ronnie ***** Harmon” 

Dude, that's amazing. One of the best playoff games ever, for some reason doesn't get much attention, should be replayed in its entirety. K Gun resulted from this game. F'ing heartbreaker.

• Like (+1) 2

I watched that game with a bunch of Browns fans. It was a sad day. But it kind of reminds me of the feelings I had at the end of the Chiefs game this season: this team is right there, and it is ready to break out next year.

Harmon drop = 13 Seconds

• Shocked 1

23 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Sure needed Diggs that day.

There is extensive historical back and forth about the Pass. Harmon threw Kelly under the Bus, for it being too high. Kelly, never a shy flower, fired back. Thurman ORIGINALLY supported his fellow RB, then changed his tune. My opinion was and is, that it was an easy catch for a top flight Receiver!

It was the original salvo in the Bickering Bills era.That shite had to end to go forward and eventually, it did, after the Ballard incident.

All in all, Ronnie got sent packing the next year and a HOFer took his place! It is easily in the Top 5 of bitter Bills’ losses. (Weallknow#1)🙄 A great game that started up the invention of the ‘K Gun’, never seen before in the NFL.

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I watched that game with a bunch of Browns fans. It was a sad day. But it kind of reminds me of the feelings I had at the end of the Chiefs game this season: this team is right there, and it is ready to break out next year.

Harmon drop = 13 Seconds

uh, uh!👎🏻

‘13 seconds’ was way, way, way, way, way worse! It was a multiple HCing FUBAR of unprecedented proportions in NFL history!

That clown Harmon simply dropped a Pass.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

uh, uh!👎🏻

‘13 seconds’ was way, way, way, way, way worse! It was a multiple HCing FUBAR of unprecedented proportions in NFL history!

That clown Harmon simply dropped a Pass.

I see your point. My point is that hopefully it becomes a catalyst or defining moment that pushes the franchise forward. Two things come from the Harmon drop (and symbolically, both games in question): (1) They could walk away from that game knowing they could play with and beat anyone. And, (2) It sparked a motivation and determination to come back better next year!--and for years to come. Time will tell if that is the result of 13 seconds. Based on the off-season moves, I would say it has so far.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I see your point. My point is that hopefully it becomes a catalyst or defining moment that pushes the franchise forward. I would say it has so far.

Well said.

But sorry.

For me, it was such a short series of cataclysmically bad Coaching decisions, that in the minds of most of us- it cost the Bills their first SB.

I can’t remove it until they do!   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was at that game. 
‘The Browns fan base is just the worst in the world. Wearing Bills gear, We literally felt like a mob was going to kill us leaving that stadium.  I take great solace in every single franchise destroying mistake they make. From every bad QB, to Haslam as the owner, to OBJ, from Manziel to Mayfield to Couch, they got it coming…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Milano said:

Dude, that's amazing. One of the best playoff games ever, for some reason doesn't get much attention, should be replayed in its entirety. K Gun resulted from this game. F'ing heartbreaker.

Whachootalkin’bout, Willis? 😳 It’s IS replayed in its entirety.

5 Bills playoff games with defeat snatched from the jaws of what could have been victories. 
About 6 or 7 plays total decided the outcomes of these 5 playoff games:

Browns ‘89

Titans ‘92

Giants ‘90

Texans ‘19

Chiefs ‘21

observations watching vintage game film…

the officials appear much older and  less fit than today’s crews. 

QB hits were brutal. The rule changes protecting quarterbacks are some of the best changes in recent times. Originally the rule was scoffed at, and jokes were made about quarterbacks in skirts, but so much of the team’s cap is dedicated to that position and those are the marquee names that increase viewership = $$$.

Good rule. 
Personal note-

That Browns Game was memorable for me as I watched the first half at a local sports bar with my fellow Bills fans, then had to see the ending in hospital after breaking my ankle in three places at halftime playing parking lot football.  
32 years later I can still feel it. 

• Shocked 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.