2022 Free Agency - Around the NFL Thread

Draconator

Just now, MAJBobby said:

A year of Development of Groot and Boogie are 100% a viable option That is reality

Disagree, Groot can start but Boogie has not shown he can be a viable starter. You can't rely on projections when you're in the middle of a SuperBowl window. We absolutely need a DE1 and CB2 in the worst way.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ndirish1978 said:

Disagree, Groot can start but Boogie has not shown he can be a viable starter. You can't rely on projections when you're in the middle of a SuperBowl window. We absolutely need a DE1 and CB2 in the worst way.

Did Allen his rookie year?

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

Well then also thank god Free Agency just started 2 min ago Huh?

Just now, ndirish1978 said:

Not disagreeing that he could be good, but Allen was not good his 1st 2 years, he was ascending in year 2. We cannot waste a year due to no pass rush.

How do we know we do not have any pass rush?  That is the POINT.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

How do we know we do not have any pass rush?  That is the POINT.

Right, you have an opinion and I said I disagreed. Both opinions are valid and there is quite literally no way to prove either point correct or incorrect. I'm not bashing you or angling for a fight.

10 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

Need to do something…. We couldn’t beat the chiefs with allen playing world class out of mind, but now we are gonna beat a loaded afc with Greg and AJ as our pass rushers lol smh no chance 

Our window… allen played as good as he possibly could and guess what we will got bounced 

you are wrong, sitting pat means an early playoff exit 

Quick question...

Let's say Beane decided to make a BIG move for an edge rusher in 2021.  He either spends big money on a top free agent (J.J. Watt, Carl Lawson, Trey Hendrickson, Carlos Dunlap), or makes the mid-season trade to get Von Miller. 

Can you say without question that one of those guys would have made the difference in the Divisional Playoff game?

7 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Still pass rushers out there.   Za'Darius Smith, Jason Pierre Paul, Derek Barnett decent players with some risk.   Danielle Hunter available for trade.   Could always bring back Addison of all else fails. 

I have faith in Beane getting a decent player without overspending.

Idk man all pretty risky or washed. Hunter is the only one with big payoff potential imo

2 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Right, you have an opinion and I said I disagreed. Both opinions are valid and there is quite literally no way to prove either point correct or incorrect. I'm not bashing you or angling for a fight.

I am not either.  but we literally are 10 minutes into the new year and the mood around he is well in the dumps.  Our Window is fully open and will remain open as long as 17 is the QB.  I suggest sit back and enjoy the ride this offseason knowing that.  Beane IMO has earned that faith.

Everything the AFC teams are doing right NOW is just trying to close the gap between them and Us and Chiefs.  that is the reality. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

Our window… allen played as good as he possibly could and guess what we will got bounced 

you are wrong, sitting pat means an early playoff exit 

Standing pat doing nothing and not doing what a bunch of armchair GM's think is necessary to win the SB are two COMPLETELY different things. Settle is an upgrade with a ton of upside. Jones is a good, run stuffing 1 Tech. We're talking to Akiem Hicks. Saffold has been a quality player for years and is reuniting with his former OL coach here. Beane and McDermott will continue to look for ways to upgrade the roster. They're not standing pat, they're just not doing what you want them to do so the sky in your little bubble is falling. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.