Are We Setting Ourselves Up For Disappointment?

H2o

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yes simply because most of the expectations around here border on the line of delusional and ridiculous.  

Yep, and wait for the meltdowns over the next few days when Beane doesn’t give them what they want…

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Adding a big name or 2 to the roster is always welcome, but we are definitely NOT "a big name or 2 away" from winning a SB.  We have all that we need right now to win a SB.  We could have won a SB last year had we not thrown our ticket to the AFC championship game down the toilet.

If we re-played last season 10 times, we probably go to the AFC championship game 9 times, win in 5 or 6 times, and win the SB after that 2 or 3 times....with what we had and even with our best CB on the sideline.

People for some reason assume, because we didn't win a SB last year, we don't "have what we need right now."

We do.

But what about those free agents

scratching chappelles show GIF

We are Bills fans so we yearly set ourselves up for disappointment lol But no I would agree I think there is a higher probability the moves in FA do not meet the expectations of fans as there is a yearning for a high profile addition and some players to leave who may not.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/12/2022 at 11:04 PM, BillsFanForever19 said:

I think the kind of posters who are hoping for a trade for Saquon Barkley, signing for Chandler Jones, Rob Gronkowski, Bobby Wagner, re-signing Harrison Phillips AND trading Tremaine Edmunds for a 2nd Round Pick DEFINITELY are.

But I don't think *a* big time signing, especially something like Gronk, on an incentive laden deal, is out of the question.

I think it all depends on what your personal expectations are.

Lol !  No sooner did you finish typing this and the one guy you mention is now out of the question because Brady just can’t stand missing all the focus / attention , and bingo , you become one of the posters you cautioned about! Haha, just kidding !  ( I really am over that guy being in the league again and it will be even one more year of him always getting so much media hype ; it’s tiresome and just sickening  for me as I’m so over the guy. Can do everything but f  n retire!😩😠😤😆

Edited by DrPJax

15 minutes ago, corta765 said:

We are Bills fans so we yearly set ourselves up for disappointment lol But no I would agree I think there is a higher probability the moves in FA do not meet the expectations of fans as there is a yearning for a high profile addition and some players to leave who may not.

Even when Bean did have a lot of money to play with in the free agency he never signed big time free agents, it was always mid tier type of players to fill the holes so I don’t expect things to change this year either 

On 3/12/2022 at 10:56 PM, H2o said:

I know we, the fans, are hype about FA. Our team is finally good again and positioned to be that way for a while. We're seeing the Bills linked to a bunch of big names and seeing reports that some have even reached out to us. We are really just an impact player or two away from hoisting a Lombardi. I can't help but think that maybe we're expecting too much and aren't going to see the big moves we were hoping for. Hope I'm wrong, but going big in FA doesn't seem like Beane/McDermott style. 

Not me. I get all excited about the draft every year and almost always wind up being disappointed, if not utterly flabbergasted and disgusted.That said, McBeane drafts look like works of genius compared to Levy and every GM we have had since Polian and Butler.

I guess this isn't saying much.

34 minutes ago, Putin said:

Even when Bean did have a lot of money to play with in the free agency he never signed big time free agents, it was always mid tier type of players to fill the holes so I don’t expect things to change this year either 

Agreed. His biggest name is probably Mitch Morse to be truthful and I think that was a superb signing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.