147. K. Barno Edge V-Tech 

168. D. Bellinger TE SD State 

185. K. Barnes CB Baylor 

203. B. Bolden S Miami 

231. Traded down for 256&257 Chargers

256. L. Wattenberg OL Washington 

257. N. Ford OL Utah 

Edited by LyndonvilleBill

A bunch of trade downs. Extra picks. Trade ups to get back into earlier rounds. ended up picking up an extra 2nd rounder next year as well. Love this draft. 

45. Breece Hall, RB Iowa State

57. Jahan Dotson, WR Penn State

76. Jalyn Armour-Davis, CB Alabama

89. Daniel Faalele, OT Minnesota

100. Troy Andersen, LB Montana State

168. Thayer Munford, OG Ohio State

185. Amare Barno, EDGE Virginia Tech

203. Kalon Barnes, CB Baylor

231. Bo Melton, WR Rutgers

2023 BAL 2nd

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

A bunch of trade downs. Extra picks. Trade ups to get back into earlier rounds. ended up picking up an extra 2nd rounder next year as well. Love this draft. 

45. Breece Hall, RB Iowa State

57. Jahan Dotson, WR Penn State

76. Jalyn Armour-Davis, CB Alabama

89. Daniel Faalele, OT Minnesota

100. Troy Andersen, LB Montana State

168. Thayer Munford, OG Ohio State

185. Amare Barno, EDGE Virginia Tech

203. Kalon Barnes, CB Baylor

231. Bo Melton, WR Rutgers

2023 BAL 2nd

Troy Anderson won’t be at 100. perfect RAS score, Kalon  Barnes ran sub 4.3 he won’t make it to 203 and Bo Melton has a RAS of above 9 he won’t make it. But I do like your mock a lot though. 

1 hour ago, Vickveto said:

Troy Anderson won’t be at 100. perfect RAS score, Kalon  Barnes ran sub 4.3 he won’t make it to 203 and Bo Melton has a RAS of above 9 he won’t make it. But I do like your mock a lot though. 

I don’t believe Anderson goes in Rd2 like many are saying. I think rd3 at the highest. Level of opponents will have a play in it imo. Montana state isn’t exactly on par with the LSUs of the college football world. 

i am not sure if Barnes will last that long. Good chance that because of his 40 time he goes earlier than expected. But is his 40 time is the only real reason he would go much higher than expected? If GMs and scouts think he’s more of a work in progress than worth their time, he may slide. Speed doesn’t mean everything. 

I like the tape on Melton. He likely doesn’t last that long, I agree. But not sure how much earlier. He could be one of the unfortunate players that get passed up by other WRs that blew people’s doors off in the 40. Even though he may be better. 

28 minutes ago, mrags said:

I don’t believe Anderson goes in Rd2

He performed well at the senior bowl so it doesn’t matter what school we went to. He ran a 4.43 as a linebacker along with his other drills that he did exceptionally well in. 

28 minutes ago, mrags said:

But is his 40 time is the only real reason he would go much higher than expected?

YES!! 4.23 officially ran at the combine. 
That speed is rare and it shows on tape. Somebody believes they can coach em up.Late round four at the latest.

Edited by Vickveto

What would be really cool is for someone to tally up the trends displayed here in 24 pages of Bills mock drafts. It ain't gonna be me, of course. But I'd love to see the frequency of specific players and positions being targeted and in which rounds. I'll bet it's an easy lift for someone with sheets fluency. Again, that ain't me. Unfortunately. (I'll never transcend commission without more demonstrable spreadsheet fluency.)

Examples for why I'm bringing up tallies is the frequency with which I see Troy Anderson and Kalon Barnes, for example, selected on Days 2 and 3. I agree with the posters who see those players as fits in the Bills defense and especially as fits with respect to draft value. Although Anderson could be overdrafted based on ELITE RAS. 

Edited by Richard Noggin

On 4/9/2022 at 4:09 PM, ScorpionZero said:

Round: 1

Andrew Booth Jr.

CB | Clemson

Round: 2

Breece Hall

RB | Iowa State

Round: 3

Troy Andersen

LB | Montana State

Round: 4

Cam Taylor-Britt

CB | Nebraska

Round: 5

Hassan Haskins

RB | Michigan

Round: 6

Matt Araiza

P | San Diego State

Round: 6

Andrew Stueber

OT | Michigan

Round: 7

Kevin Austin Jr.

WR | Notre Dame

everything about this draft is spot on. Would love basically every pick

10 hours ago, Vickveto said:

I don't think Anderson gets to 100, but I agree with @mrags - I don't think he goes round 2. Early 3rd for me. Barnes and Melton might go a little earlier than the mock machines have them. I like Melton in particular - and he had an excellent Senior Bowl week, which helps - but their tape is not as good as their measurables and tape is still king. 

Edited by GunnerBill

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think Anderson gets to 100, but I agree with @mrags - I don't think he goes round 2. Early 3rd for me. Barnes and Melton might go a little earlier. I like Melton in particular, but their tape is not as good as their measurables and tape is still king. 

Troy Anderson won’t make it out of round 2 with a perfect RAS score. He was also a senior bowl week stand out. He ran a 4.43 and has no red flags as far as I have heard.

4 minutes ago, Vickveto said:

Troy Anderson won’t make it out of round 2 with a perfect RAS score. He was also a senior bowl week stand out. He ran a 4.43 and has no red flags as far as I have heard.

The red flag is the tape. I actually have a 2nd/3rd borderline grade on him based on the pure physical potential. But I think the tape shows a very, very raw prospect. It is a big projection with him. His instincts are not there and he falls for misdirection at an alarming rate. Like I wouldn't be stunned if goes late 2nd. But if I had to bet on it, I'd bet he comes off the board in the first half of round 3.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

The red flag is the tape. I actually have a 2nd/3rd borderline grade on him based on the pure physical potential. But I think the tape shows a very, very raw prospect. It is a big projection with him. His instincts are not there and he falls for misdirection at an alarming rate. Like I wouldn't be stunned if goes late 2nd. But if I had to bet on it, I'd bet he comes off the board in the first half of round 3.

I think he is a top 10 talent based on pure physical ability.But he played multiple different positions so he didn’t master one. I think a good senior bowl week performance holds more weight for a small school stands out. But because of the physical ability I believe he will get selected in the second maybe even the late first.

30 minutes ago, Vickveto said:

I think he is a top 10 talent based on pure physical ability.But he played multiple different positions so he didn’t master one. I think a good senior bowl week performance holds more weight for a small school stands out. But because of the physical ability I believe he will get selected in the second maybe even the late first.

I think teams still value tape above all else. I'd be stunned and I mean stunned if he went round 1. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Vickveto said:

This statement is exactly why he will not be a round 1 pick. Sure, the talent is there. You’ve pointed many times at the RAS score. But at the end of the day he’s a work in progress. It might pay off for someone but not us in the first round. If he’s there in rd 3 I could get behind it. Keep Edmunds for the year and hopefully Anderson has gotten a full grip of things for the future. 

Traded the 25th, 130th (4th round) and next year's 1st and 5th to Washington for the 11th.   With the 25th they took QB Sam Howell. They traded the 130th to the Jest who took TE Jelani Woods in exchange for the Jest picks at 146 and 163.  The Commanders then took LB Terrel Bernard and RB Pierre Strong

image.thumb.png.a5c573b8c869b20d37c05ec9bdcd8ee3.png

Edited by FlaFitz1
  • Like (+1) 1

A bunch of trade downs. Ended up missing Dotson with the first pick, as he was taken one spot ahead of me.  Was kind of upset about that and it burned my whole thought process. But overall I really liked it. Ended up giving next years 3rd and 7th for this but wasn’t too bad I thought. 

i know many will say there’s no way we’re keeping 14 players in the roster. But 6 were picked in the top 100 alone. After that, Woods would instantly be our #3 TE, so goodbye Sweeney after camp and pre season. Araiza would instantly start over Haack so goodbye to him as well. Moss would likely be gone with White and Price both drafted. Price going to PS for the season and taking over for Johnson next year. McCollum would fight for a spot and could easily supplant someone for the 5-6th DB spot because of his upside. Phillips could be an upgrade to the slot position within a year and could keep him over someone like Kumerow who has constantly not made the team and always ends up on the PS. Barno, Rose, and Jones all fight for their lives to get PS looks and get ready for next year. Overall, missing Dotson by 1 pick really screwed this up. But overall I’m happy 

48. Jalen Pitre, S Baylor

54. Kyler Gordon, CB Washington

60. George Pickens, WR Georgia

85. Rachaad White, RB Arizona State

89. Lecitus Smith, OG Virginia Tech

91. Cole Strange, OG Chattanooga

127. Jelani Woods, TE Virginia

130. Zyon McCollum, CB Sam Houston State

160. Matt Araiza, P San Diego State

185. Kyle Philips, WR UCLA

195. Amare Barno, EDGE Virginia Tech

203. Mike Rose, LB Iowa State

232. D'Vonte Price, RB Florida International

240. Velus Jones Jr., WR Tennessee

pff-mock-results.png

I thought I'd post this one because I used my own board to do it and marked guys off as I do on draft night when they got selected. I like PFF cos it is easy to ignore their rankings and you don't get drawn in to second guessing who the simulator is going to take at a spot. They hate some of my picks because they don't match their perceived value but as I say I did this on the basis of my board. I traded down when I didn't think value matched need and traded up when I felt like I needed to go get my guy. Cam Thomas was not a need selection but he was sticking out on my board at that point, I'd traded back once, and he was still there sticking out and in that scenario you have to forget need and just say "this is a really good football player sticking out on my board."  I didn't plan to trade up for Tom but I got the point where he was basically my last olineman worth a 4th and if I sat at #133 I was risking coming up empty handed in terms of OL. That was a more instructive way of doing it than using the boards the simulators give you. I'd sign for this on draft night. Especially 6 picks in the top 110. 

Edited by GunnerBill

used fanspeak with a few trades but I'd be ecstatic if it worked this way.  only gave up 2023 3rd  a couple of this years picks:

TEAM PICKS

25: R1 P25 WR Garrett Wilson - Ohio State

40: R2 P8 CB Kaiir Elam - Florida

89: R3 P25 RB Kenneth Walker III - Michigan State

114: R4 P9 WR Skyy Moore - Western Michigan

120: R4 P15 LB Troy Andersen - Montana State

185: R6 P6 P Matt Araiza - San Diego St

TRADES

Trade Partner: New Orleans Saints

Sent:

·        Round 5 Pick 25

·        Round 6 Pick 24

Received:

·        Round 4 Pick 15

Trade Partner: Seattle Seahawks

Sent:

·        Round 2 Pick 25

·        Future Round 3 Pick

Received:

·        Round 2 Pick 8

Trade Partner: Atlanta Falcons

Sent:

·        Round 4 Pick 25

·        Round 7 Pick 10

Received:

·        Round 4 Pick 9

image.thumb.png.c9d9fca575d2a4bdf0e3cd61549b5e08.png

Edited by BillsFanThru-N-Thru
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 hours ago, mrags said:

I don’t believe Anderson goes in Rd2 like many are saying. I think rd3 at the highest. Level of opponents will have a play in it imo. Montana state isn’t exactly on par with the LSUs of the college football world. 

i am not sure if Barnes will last that long. Good chance that because of his 40 time he goes earlier than expected. But is his 40 time is the only real reason he would go much higher than expected? If GMs and scouts think he’s more of a work in progress than worth their time, he may slide. Speed doesn’t mean everything. 

I like the tape on Melton. He likely doesn’t last that long, I agree. But not sure how much earlier. He could be one of the unfortunate players that get passed up by other WRs that blew people’s doors off in the 40. Even though he may be better. 

So in your theory, playing devils advocate, if level of comp was a big thing, then why did Darius Leonard go 35th overall when he played in arguably the worst conference in the FCS. I know your gonna come back with Leonard is an exception to the rule and he was a stud etc because hindsight is easy, but everything about Anderson comes back clean. Top end speed, played in a top FCS conference, good character traits, fits the modern NFL LB with Size and Agility. Shows versatility by playing multiple positions in college. 

You don't think a guy like Beane, who has proven over and over again, that he loved high end physical traits and trusts his coaching staff to develop them, wouldn't take a guy like Anderson in round 2 if he thought the coaching staff could bring out the high upside that he has as a raw prospect at 57. I disagree with you on this one just due to the past telling me completely different. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.