Ukraine. The End Game

sherpa

1 minute ago, Tenhigh said:

I could be like your twin, Billsy, and tell you to do your own homework.  But here you go:

https://unherd.com/2022/03/how-western-elites-exploit-ukraine/

"But wedded to a disturbing, yet ascendant, neo-McCarthyism, the homogenisation of the Western media environment could ultimately prove more ominous than simple government censorship à la North Korea or Iran. At its core, the phenomenon aims to condition public opinion into “correct” acceptable speech patterns in the service of the “noble lie” — using the good heart of most ordinary citizens and their repulsion at human suffering as bait.

This noxious development, unless fully defanged and neutralised, could yet tear the very fabric of Western society, unleashing the dystopia of internalised totalitarianism, wherein the public-private boundaries disappear and citizens — even informed ones — can hardly distinguish between planted or socially-reinforced information and their own views. In such a world, the only choice is to virtue signal and self-censor.

Gone unchecked, it could amount to mass indoctrination around key national security questions and spell the end of democracy — in spirit if not procedurally. This is the ultimate fog of war.:

We have a homogeneous media environment? 

I'd have to say no. We have all sorts of media. Very diversified 

5 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

They are all reporting on the story of most interest to a majority of people? 

____

The World Health Organization has verified eight more attacks on health-care facilities in Ukraine, doubling the organization’s previous count, officials said Monday.

The WHO has now confirmed at least 14 attacks on the country’s health-care facilities and classified two more attacks as “possible.” At least nine people have died and 16 were injured in the attacks.

“WHO strongly condemns these attacks,” the organization said in a statement. “Attacks on health care violate international law and endanger lives. Even in times of conflict, we must protect the sanctity and safety of health care, a fundamental human right.”

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

They are all reporting on the story of most interest to a majority of people? 

____

The World Health Organization has verified eight more attacks on health-care facilities in Ukraine, doubling the organization’s previous count, officials said Monday.

The WHO has now confirmed at least 14 attacks on the country’s health-care facilities and classified two more attacks as “possible.” At least nine people have died and 16 were injured in the attacks.

“WHO strongly condemns these attacks,” the organization said in a statement. “Attacks on health care violate international law and endanger lives. Even in times of conflict, we must protect the sanctity and safety of health care, a fundamental human right.”

They are sounding the drum beat that will lead us to war, Tibs.  Do you want to fight for Ukrainian autonomy, should your kids pick up a rifle and go over there?

11 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

They are sounding the drum beat that will lead us to war, Tibs.  Do you want to fight for Ukrainian autonomy, should your kids pick up a rifle and go over there?

They are reporting on a war. That's what they are paid to do 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

They are reporting on a war. That's what they are paid to do 

But answer the question.   Do you want to fight for Ukrainian autonomy, should your kids pick up a rifle and go over there?

54 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

i sure don’t…. But it is problematic that thousands are dying because of one man’s ambitions. 

I agree with that as well.  

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

It’s great that the WHO condemns the attacks. They still won’t condemn China for f&$@$%g up the entire world though. They’ve proven themselves to be a complete joke. 

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oooooh they criticized them!  Ouch, that must really have hurt China.  

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the word @Boatdrinks used was condemned.....connnnnndemned.  

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Oooooh they criticized them!  Ouch, that must really have hurt China.  

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the word @Boatdrinks used was condemned.....connnnnndemned.  

"You should let us investigate" is a lot worse than "you killed millions of people with your man-made pandemic", no?

We're suffering from a massive case of the boy who cried wolf.  Ever since the forever wars started, we've been fed a line about the next Hitler, mushroom clouds, wmds and whatever.

Now when there's an actual maniac who wants to reconquer a dead empire, everyone on all sides of the political spectrum is fed up.

It's ***** sad that we've come to this. because everyone is torn between standing up to Tsar Vladimir the Insane and starting ANOTHER war that goes on and on and on and on.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

We're suffering from a massive case of the boy who cried wolf.  Ever since the forever wars started, we've been fed a line about the next Hitler, mushroom clouds, wmds and whatever.

Now when there's an actual maniac who wants to reconquer a dead empire, everyone on all sides of the political spectrum is fed up.

It's ***** sad that we've come to this. because everyone is torn between standing up to Tsar Vladimir the Insane and starting ANOTHER war that goes on and on and on and on.

Fortunately, Russian incompetence and Ukranian mud might take care of Putin's regime without US or NATO intervention.  Should Putin not retain power through this fiasco, we just need to hope that whoever/whatever fills the power void is a better option.  Recent history has often made us miss the dictator we knew after we were made familiar with the new chaos.  One thing is certain, its going to be interesting!

Edited by Jauronimo