Don't be surprised if Josh Allen has a bumpy 2022

beebe

28 minutes ago, beebe said:

Allen was a 4th-and-13 incompletion away from finishing 22-of-30 for 227 yards and two TDs vs Chiefs, with 75 yards coming on a blown coverage on a deep pass. Five of eight drives would have ended with a punt or turnover on downs. Obviously, he completed the pass, deserves all the credit in the world for how the Bills closed in that game, and was largely responsible for making the game so memorable. But there was probably a 1-in-4 chance of converting there—even with Dan Sorensen on the field—and the offseason narrative would be much different. 

200.gif

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah and the world was one wayward sperm away from never having to watch Jackson Mahomes tiktok dances, but here we are.

Sigh. Clearly I failed with my post and all ensuing attempts to have civil discussion have failed as well. Moving on...cheers! :thumbsup:

• Agree 3

32 minutes ago, beebe said:

Allen was a 4th-and-13 incompletion away from finishing 22-of-30 for 227 yards and two TDs vs Chiefs, with 75 yards coming on a blown coverage on a deep pass. Five of eight drives would have ended with a punt or turnover on downs. Obviously, he completed the pass, deserves all the credit in the world for how the Bills closed in that game, and was largely responsible for making the game so memorable. But there was probably a 1-in-4 chance of converting there—even with Dan Sorensen on the field—and the offseason narrative would be much different. 

Lol wtf is this

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

First, someone should take a crowbar to your keyboard. This post is 6 paragraphs too long, and seem like the ramblings of someone who has too much time on their hands. Coaches had Tom Brady figured out every year for 22 years. Allen has already been dissected like a lab frog. He'll have some bad games because he's human and had an off day. and if the Bills are a complete team and are solidly coached they should survive those instances. The travesty for the Bills is that the Bengals just proved that having a defense that is the 31st lowest paid, and an O-Line that is the 30th lowest paid, both made up with mostly of 5th thru 7 round picks can beat the Chiefs at home in the AFC Championship game, and make it too the Super Bowl. Bills are out of excuses.. This is topic worth 6 paragraphs. Not that Allen is going to be "figured out".. Stop.     

The first six sentences, I agree with.  (When I first read this, I thought, "Oh no, not a crowbar, spilt coffee would do".  Then I thought, a crow bar.  A CROW bar, I get it!  Parfait!  Le mot just!)

According to Spotrac, for 2021 the Bengals D was 19th for spending and so was their OL.  The OL has me SMH, it could be called "Jonah Williams and the Scraps", and you're right, aside from Williams it's made up of lower-round or undrafted players.

The defense is actually not made up of 5th through 7th round picks.  Hubbard and Hendrickson were 3rd round picks and Hendrickson is a beast.  (Wish we would have signed him.)  Pratt was a 3rd round pick.  Awuzie was a 2nd, Apple was a first, Bell and Bates were 2nd round picks.  So yeah, they got maybe 3 of 11 later round picks in there, but especially their 2ndary and their ends were drafted pretty high, and one of their LB.  (Memo to Beane maybe the 2ndary needs more than 1 high pick investment?)

None of which factual adjustment should take away from the key point, which is that the Bengals just proved that a defense that is not filled with all-stars, but has talented players that were coached well, played fiercely, and made good halftime adjustments can beat the Chiefs at home in the AFCCG. 

But we don't want to take the wrong lesson, and the idea that the Bengals D that "got it done" was mostly composed of guys from the late rounds is not correct. 

47 minutes ago, beebe said:

It wasn't blown coverage, it was exposed coverage.  Watch Kurt Warner talk about it.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

OP your main premise makes no sense. JA had a better year in 2020 than he did in 2021. The NFL was not waiting for him to do it again before making adjustments.  They already did. 

Allen and the offense will be fine. He will continue to evolve, run less, and take fewer chances. 

Fix the defense. Fix the coaching.  

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

We don’t know who our new OC will be. This could go either way. If we hire someone who is worth their salt, our whole offense changes in a positive way and defenses have no tape on Allen in our new offense to prepare for, but if we hire pond scum, Allen may terribly regress and may have a down year. This goes beyond whomever we hire as our OC as well, I hate to point that out, but it applies to what ever vacancies we suffer as well.

Fair point.  Aside from injuries, the new OC hire (and any other vacancies) are a wild card for us.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is a Chiefs fan who says he doesn't care that his team lost in the AFCCG

I said it didn't bother me, to be clear. It's obviously disappointing. But so disappointing that I'll spend a week dwelling on it? Nope. The Chiefs have essentially been the host city of the AFC title game for four straight years. They'll have more chances. Losses are easy to stomach when the opponent was deserving. The Bengals outplayed them and won despite losing the OT coin toss. Tip your cap and move on.

41 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

It wasn't blown coverage, it was exposed coverage.  Watch Kurt Warner talk about it.  

I love the part at 3:28 where Warner diagrams an RPO play: "splits two defenders, runs over another, picks up 14 yards on a play that should be dead in the water.  This is where Josh Allen changes the game for the Buffalo Bills. Everything the Chiefs did was right, but even with that, he makes them wrong by picking up a 14 yd play, because he's a Beast".

This is the aspect that frustrated Belichick in the Perfect Game and also in the 2nd game which we won - plays where his well-coached defense read the play correctly, knew what to do, and did it - and Josh Allen made it work anyway.

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is a Chiefs fan who says he doesn't care that his team lost in the AFCCG, "This loss didn’t bother me for some reason"

Right, because the logical place to make that claim is on another team’s messageboard.

He said the 75 yard TD to Davis was a blown coverage😂😂

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, beebe said:

I said it didn't bother me, to be clear. It's obviously disappointing. But so disappointing that I'll spend a week dwelling on it? Nope. The Chiefs have essentially been the host city of the AFC title game for four straight years. They'll have more chances. Losses are easy to stomach when the opponent was deserving. The Bengals outplayed them and won despite losing the OT coin toss. Tip your cap and move on.

Dude, if your idea of "attempts to have civil discussion" is to come on another team's message board and imply that they shouldn't spend a week dwelling on a loss to your team because "losses are easy to stomach when the opponent was deserving...tip your cap and move on", you really do need to revisit some of your life choices.

Preferably the one which started back when you went on a picnic with your Dad and came home with your Mom. 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Dude, if your idea of "attempts to have civil discussion" is to come on another team's message board and imply that they shouldn't spend a week dwelling on a loss to your team because "losses are easy to stomach when the opponent was deserving...tip your cap and move on", you really do need to revisit some of your life choices.

Preferably the one which started back when you went on a picnic with your Dad and came home with your Mom. 😁

I think you're reading too deeply into everything here. Respectfully, this is psychotic. 

3 hours ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

This has already been happening for a couple seasons. Not worried 

Yea Josh's play still going up.  He's really becoming an ice cold Mafia hit-man.  Next time with 13 secs left when u kick extra point instead have Josh attempt the 2 point conversion but have him run to the opposite 2 yd line then give himself up.  Don't know if by rule the clock runs off during the 2 pt attempt run to the 2 yd line.  If by rule there's still 13 sec left I like our chances stopping them from a fg try to win from their 2 yd line with 13 secs to go. If you are that afraid of a ST return to hill you do the 2 pt fake attempt to kill game clock for potential comeback.

Just gotta look within rules for way to prevent what you fear or better yet become fearless because you keep making your plays and the other teams are afraid.  

Edited by AuntieEm

3 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Everyone is overlooking the fact that Josh Allen played against a horrible, horrible secondary of the Chiefs. And they were without two of their starters on defense. I mean come on! I probably could throw that much yardage and touchdowns if I was playing. 

Sorry you are not playing Madden with hacked system against a 5 year old.

25 minutes ago, beebe said:

I think you're reading too deeply into everything here. Respectfully, this is psychotic. 

When I read your OP, I was like "OK, maybe he wants to have a discussion"

When I read the part about how it didn't bother you that your team lost, I :flirt:

When I read the part about how we're going to lose to the Chiefs in the playoffs next year, I was like "now that's some trolling"

When I read the part about "I said it didn't bother me, to be clear. It's obviously disappointing. But so disappointing that I'll spend a week dwelling on it? Nope. The Chiefs have essentially been the host city of the AFC title game for four straight years. They'll have more chances. Losses are easy to stomach when the opponent was deserving. The Bengals outplayed them and won despite losing the OT coin toss. Tip your cap and move on.", I said:

>>>Now That's Some Trolling<<<

Kudos for having the balls to call a moderator "psychotic" for trotting out the Old Chestnut joke about Mom Dad and the Picnic, but the trolling is getting a bit out of hand.  If it's truly unintentional, try to look at where you are and what you're writing from another POV

PS you can't "respectfully" tell someone they're psychotic.  That doesn't work.

23 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Yea Josh's play still going up.  He's really becoming an ice cold Mafia hit-man.  Next time with 13 secs left when u kick extra point instead have Josh attempt the 2 point conversion but have him run to the opposite 2 yd line then give himself up.  Don't know if by rule the clock runs off during the 2 pt attempt run to the 2 yd line.  If by rule there's still 13 sec left I like our chances stopping them from a fg try to win from their 2 yd line with 13 secs to go. If you are that afraid of a ST return to hill you do the 2 pt fake attempt to kill game clock for potential comeback.

Clock does not run during 2 point conversion, just like it doesn't run during extra point.  Sorry.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.