Don't be surprised if Josh Allen has a bumpy 2022

beebe

All I know is if there’s any amount of regression from Josh, I’m not going to be surprised because of this thread. 

OP, thank you for this PSA. Do you have anymore info we may have found useful a year ago? 

“Uhh… have you guys heard? Your best player and face of the franchise is going to get extra attention…” 

*read in Steve Urkel’s voice* 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

Just now, Bobby Hooks said:

All I know is if there’s any amount of regression from Josh, I’m not going to be surprised because of this thread. 

OP, thank you for this PSA. Do you have anymore info we may have found useful a year ago? 

Yes: Don't get your hopes up in 2021. You will lose to the Chiefs in the playoffs again. 😉

14 minutes ago, beebe said:

He's referring to Mathieu (injury on opening series) and Fenton (key DB for Chiefs). Both were hugely important. Mathieu's absence led to the terrible Dan Sorensen being on the field; and Fenton's injury enabled Mike Hughes to play significant snaps. He got absolutely torched. 

OK, he was making it sound as though they had a lousy secondary AND lost two defenders, not that they lost 2 defenders so their secondary wasn't as good.  I get it the Chiefs spend a lot of time in dime, but they still had both starting CBs and 1 of their safeties.  We've been missing our best defender for 1/4 of the season.  Jackson got torched.  Cry me a River for the Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, beebe said:

Yes: Don't get your hopes up in 2021. You will lose to the Chiefs in the playoffs again. 😉

I don’t mind my hopes being up, I enjoy football. I had an excellent time this year. Didn’t end the way I’d hoped but I’m a big boy, I can take my lumps. We can’t all be the Bengals fans, can we Chiefs fan? 😉 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Everyone is overlooking the fact that Josh Allen played against a horrible, horrible secondary of the Chiefs. And they were without two of their starters on defense. I mean come on! I probably could throw that much yardage and touchdowns if I was playing. 

Burrow only threw for 250,2TD and a pick and that was with Honey badger. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

41 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Pretty hard to believe Belichick is only now going to buckle down to figure out Josh.

Ironically the same defense the Bengals used in the second half against Mahomes is pretty much the same stuff Belichick was doing to Mahomes in the past.

Edited by Scott7975

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I don’t mind my hopes being up, I enjoy football. I had an excellent time this year. Didn’t end the way I’d hoped but I’m a big boy, I can take my lumps. We can’t all be the Bengals fans, can we Chiefs fan? 😉 

This loss didn't bother me for some reason. Maybe because I was genuinely happy for Bengals fans, or because the Bengals flat out outplayed the Chiefs and deserved to win, or maybe because the Chiefs have been on the other side of it so many times (the Chiefs had trailed in their five prior playoff wins, including three by double digits).

After the last two years, Chiefs fans have assumed it would be easy sailing every year with Mahomes at QB. But this year was an epic grind that easily could have and probably should have ended in the Divisional Round. The middle part of the year where the Chiefs held it together and scraped out wins, it was the defense, not the offense, that kept them moving forward. 

It is frickin' hard to win. Now more than ever. The rest of the AFC is too good to assume an upward trajectory without slipping on the banana peels. 

1 minute ago, beebe said:

This loss didn't bother me for some reason. Maybe because I was genuinely happy for Bengals fans, or because the Bengals flat out outplayed the Chiefs and deserved to win, or maybe because the Chiefs have been on the other side of it so many times (the Chiefs had trailed in their five prior playoff wins, including three by double digits).

After the last two years, Chiefs fans have assumed it would be easy sailing every year with Mahomes at QB. But this year was an epic grind that easily could have and probably should have ended in the Divisional Round. The middle part of the year where the Chiefs held it together and scraped out wins, it was the defense, not the offense, that kept them moving forward. 

It is frickin' hard to win. Now more than ever. The rest of the AFC is too good to assume an upward trajectory without slipping on the banana peels. 

200.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

First, someone should take a crowbar to your keyboard. This post is 6 paragraphs too long, and seem like the ramblings of someone who has too much time on their hands. Coaches had Tom Brady figured out every year for 22 years. Allen has already been dissected like a lab frog. He'll have some bad games because he's human and had an off day. and if the Bills are a complete team and are solidly coached they should survive those instances. The travesty for the Bills is that the Bengals just proved that having a defense that is the 31st lowest paid, and an O-Line that is the 30th lowest paid, both made up with mostly of 5th thru 7 round picks can beat the Chiefs at home in the AFC Championship game, and make it too the Super Bowl. Bills are out of excuses.. This is topic worth 6 paragraphs. Not that Allen is going to be "figured out".. Stop.     

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Only one QB regressed in the playoffs and it’s not ours 

Mahomes went 89-of-122 (73%) for 1,057 passing yards, 11 TDs, 3 INTs (also added 117 rush yards on 13 carries and a touchdown). 

If that's regression, deal me in. 

48 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If they are just now starting to study him, hoo boy.

Like Josh says, some QBs figure it out… other QBs get figured out. 

Yep. And Josh has figured the F oughta the defensive genius considered the best ever. It’s simple: Allen will not see any scheme that he hasn’t seen and burnt already. That said, opposing defenses have some great athletes who know the game as well and they’re gonna make a play now and then.

I think the days of shutting Josh Allen down have come to an end. Doesn’t mean there won’t be days where he’s just not on and things aren’t clicking, but that’s what teams will have to bank on and it sucks to think that’s your best option as an opposing D. Kind of demoralizing, actually. 

4 minutes ago, beebe said:

Mahomes went 89-of-122 (73%) for 1,057 passing yards, 11 TDs, 3 INTs (also added 117 rush yards on 13 carries and a touchdown). 

If that's regression, deal me in. 

He regressed to the hero ball yesterday that he was playing earlier this season and was the reason they lost. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

First, someone should take a crowbar to your keyboard. The travesty for the Bills is that the Bengals just proved that having a defense that is the 31st lowest paid, and an O-Line that is the 30th lowest paid, both made up with mostly of 5th thru 7 round picks can beat the Chiefs at home in the AFC Championship game, and make it too the Super Bowl. Bills are out of excuses.. This is topic worth 6 paragraphs. Not that Allen is going to be "figured out".. Stop.     

Tbh i just like this post. The way it starts out. I cut out some redundant parts but all of his points are accurate. Including the crowbar and Allen being figured out. Mostly it will come down to who can rattle him and Josh has got the most ice in his veins. 

The only question I have is it players or schemes on defense the Bills are missing? To me, I didn't think the Bengals defense was outstanding. I do think they had a better pass rush and couldn't tell if that was just from blitzes or their players, hadn't watched any of their games. 

I avoided all social media (facebook, youtube, twitter) until after the game yesterday before I could see what was said about the Bill/Chiefs game.

Even after a loss, the general consensus is that Allen is Elite and everyone has backed down on calling him out for what he did bad in the past and how he has played for the last 2 months.

Nick Wright, Boston Media, NBC, CBS, etc.  You name it (other than Skip Bayless who still thinks Mayfield is still better).

Everyone is looking at Mahomes and Allen right now and saying the same thing, they are what we want to have at QB.

Edited by The Wiz

30 minutes ago, beebe said:

So you’re here to explain to us what to expect? How we may slip on a few banana peels? You’re on a Buffalo Bills message board trying to help US understand things are tough in the NFL and things may not always go our way? Great, thanks!  I love when fans of other teams feel like they have something they can teach us. We have been through literally everything a fanbase can be put through without feeling the ultimate payoff. So how about you save your condescending advice for your own fanbase. 

We’ll get as excited as we want for next year and there’s nothing you can do about it. 

You know what I think? I think that you got beat by the Bengals and instead of allowing yourself to feel that pain like a big boy, you’re here hiding in last weeks joy. “This loss didn’t bother me for some reason.” Tells me all I need to know about you, and it’s actually kind of sad. Move on kiddo, we don’t need you to tell us how to fan. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.