Bills request to interview Tee Martin for OC Job

17islongenough

4 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Actor.  And really only gets gigs in commercials.

And he probably only got that gig because his older brother is one of the top comedic figures of our generation... :beer: 

"Cooper, he's my favorite" - Caesar & me.

People make such simple abstractions, like "why would the Bills want a WR coach from a bad passing offense?!", as if the performance of an entire unit of offensive football (and of a quarterback, for that matter) boil down to how good a job the WR coach was doing.

Given that Beane and McDermott have known that Daboll's exit was likely coming for about two seasons now, and that they're two of the most diligent, meticulous planners on the planet....you'd like to think that they've given this A LOT of thought. I'm not saying we should mindlessly trust whatever decision they ultimately wind up making, but I AM saying that they have more information, more insight, and have devoted A LOT more time and research to this hire than any one on this board. Anyone they think is worth interviewing for such an important job during such an important juncture of their Bills careers, probably IS worth interviewing.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, ßookie_tech said:

I saw Tee Martin in the season opener at the Carrier Dome in 98. 

Sounds like he may have a bright football mind and thought of highly in that organization. I actually didn't even know he was coaching. 

I was also at that  game. As I remember it, Syracuse with McNabb made a great comeback to take the lead. Then after a questionable PI call Tennessee kicked the winning field goal with a few seconds left.  Then, I believe Tennessee went on to win the national championship.

Edited by Mojo44
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

I was also at that  game. As I remember it, Syracuse with McNabb made a great comeback to take the lead. Then after a questionable PI call Tennessee kicked the winning field goal with a few seconds left.  Then, I believe Tennessee went on to win the national championship.

Yeah, Tennessee went on to win it all. That game was an instant classic.  I think that was the year McNabb went into Ann Harbor and took down Brady's Wolverines also. Cuse had a great team that year, just underachieved iirc. 

On 1/31/2022 at 8:41 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

I got the distinct impression from how Saban screamed and sneered at him on the sidelines that he was not impressed with him at Alabama and probably drove him to the airport himself to get rid of him.

You might be right but I am not 100% sure.

It is frequently said in Tide Fan circles that Daboll wanted to pull Hurts for the pre injury Tua early in the season and Saban refused to do so. When Saban did put Tua in there, they won a National Title. 

I'm not ready to give Daboll all, or even the bulk of the credit. The offense of that particuar team was SO good that Tua, Najee Harris, and Davonta Smith were second string freshmen!!! Personally, I think that their best OC in recent times was Sarkisian.

I think that Daboll prefered the NFL over college by a huge margin. Imo, being a college coach is MUCH harder and time demanding given the recruiting responsibility. Multiply this times at least 2 or more when you are working for an overbearing, obsessed Saban. The thing is, when you work under Saban, it really does pay. Ask Daboll, Sarkisian,  Kirby, Jimbo, Kiffen, Locksley, and MANY other multi-millionaires. ;) 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.