The Amazing Effectiveness of Covid-19 Vaccines in the 50+ Population

716er

Everyone has gotten Covid and we're still wearing masks like complete morons.  We were told (when they lied about slowing spreads and eradicating it) that everyone will be getting it.  

Went thru our house last month.  Wife me and the kids (100 percent certain you only catch this from symptomatic people like the NFL suspects). 

Never mentioned it here because it was a freaking cold/flu that lasted 3 days....fever peaked at 101 one day then hovered at 99 for another day or two.  Congested for a week.

People post these symptoms (less severe then the flu) and talk about them like they had ebola.  

"Oh my God it was so horrible.  I had chills, a headache, stuffy nose.  Didn't feel like doing anything for 3 days.  Then I was better but I swear I almost died."

It's ridiculous.  

did you know that not smoking causes less lung cancer. if you see a smoker lets take his job and lock them in the house cause you care about his safety. even better lets go to mcdonalds and just beat the crap out of everyone who doesn't have a salad in front of them, for their well being. its time these personal decisions that may lead to increased death end! we got alot of work to do.

if you need graphs let me know.

Edited by Buffarukus

24 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

People outside California do not need to wear masks. Again, what’s your point?  

27 minutes ago, 716er said:

Reread the question smooth brain.

Ok sorry. No we are not required to wear a mask outside. My question still stands.  What’s your point? 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Ok sorry. No we are not required to wear a mask outside. My question still stands.  What’s your point? 

There was no point. It was a question I was curious about. Deek mentioned the lovely snowy mountains and palm trees swaying in the 70 degree heat.

The question was to discover whether or not the great state of California requires one to wear a mask outside. Glad it does not!

11 minutes ago, 716er said:

There was no point. It was a question I was curious about. Deek mentioned the lovely snowy mountains and palm trees swaying in the 70 degree heat.

The question was to discover whether or not the great state of California requires one to wear a mask outside. Glad it does not!

Has there ever been a time in the past two years that masks were require outside? 

37 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Everyone has gotten Covid and we're still wearing masks like complete morons.  We were told (when they lied about slowing spreads and eradicating it) that everyone will be getting it.  

Went thru our house last month.  Wife me and the kids (100 percent certain you only catch this from symptomatic people like the NFL suspects). 

Never mentioned it here because it was a freaking cold/flu that lasted 3 days....fever peaked at 101 one day then hovered at 99 for another day or two.  Congested for a week.

People post these symptoms (less severe then the flu) and talk about them like they had ebola.  

"Oh my God it was so horrible.  I had chills, a headache, stuffy nose.  Didn't feel like doing anything for 3 days.  Then I was better but I swear I almost died."

It's ridiculous.  

I finally got it. Started feeling feverish yesterday, had a fever of about 101. Felt crappy yesterday afternoon and evening, took some Tylenol. Woke up this morning feeling better, no fever. Got a few sniffles and a bit of a cough that’s it. Guessing I feel back close to 100% tomorrow. I’ve definitely had “longer” battles with non covid related sickness.

Continuing these stupid measures that do absolutely nothing is madness. Vaccinate / boost the vulnerable and eliminate everything else. If you get sick, stay home till you feel better. Ya know, kind of the way we approach other infectious respiratory diseases. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

I finally got it. Started feeling feverish yesterday, had a fever of about 101. Felt crappy yesterday afternoon and evening, took some Tylenol. Woke up this morning feeling better, no fever. Got a few sniffles and a bit of a cough that’s it. Guessing I feel back close to 100% tomorrow. I’ve definitely had “longer” battles with non covid related sickness.

Continuing these stupid measures that do absolutely nothing is madness. Vaccinate / boost the vulnerable and eliminate everything else. If you get sick, stay home till you feel better. Ya know, kind of the way we approach other infectious respiratory diseases. 

this should have been the response when "anti vax" states showed no measurable negative differences from mandate states. 

it had graphs and everything! 

id get them but we need to keep this thread on the rails. 🤣

Edited by Buffarukus

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Has there ever been a time in the past two years that masks were require outside? 

Yes, in DC. 

III. OUTDOOR AND TRANSIT-RELATED WEARING OF MASKS

Except as specified in Section IV of this Order:

1. Persons leaving their residences shall wear a mask when they are likely to come into contact with another person

https://coronavirus.dc.gov/maskorder

Edited by plenzmd1

32 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Yes, in DC. 

III. OUTDOOR AND TRANSIT-RELATED WEARING OF MASKS

Except as specified in Section IV of this Order:

1. Persons leaving their residences shall wear a mask when they are likely to come into contact with another person

https://coronavirus.dc.gov/maskorder

Wear a mask in case you encounter someone??   What the hell is that nonsense?  :wallbash:

3 hours ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

How do you know it was Covid? Did you get tested?

My wife had worked in the lab closely together with one of her students about a week ago. On Saturday, the student told her that she had tested positive. On Monday, my wife did not feel very well - sore throat, muscle pains. Thus, she got tested. Tests came back negative. The take-home message: without a test, you do not know that you had Covid.

2 minutes ago, DrW said:

How do you know it was Covid? Did you get tested?

My wife had worked in the lab closely together with one of her students about a week ago. On Saturday, the student told her that she had tested positive. On Monday, my wife did not feel very well - sore throat, muscle pains. Thus, she got tested. Tests came back negative. The take-home message: without a test, you do not know that you had Covid.

I was tested. So was my kid who was also positive. As well as others I’d been in close contact with. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

It was supposed to expire January 15th.  I do not hold my breath on that expiration date. 

Well if you did, you might not need the mask?

1 hour ago, Precision said:

The amazing effectiveness of Covid on the Moderna stock price.......

image.thumb.png.7e545500d8dde7955688de86a202b851.png

It infected Moderna with revenue!

still would love to know how Pfeizer became the chosen one.

• Agree 1