[Entertainment] LOST discussion thread

duey

The Sawyer-Jack scene was great. You just don't normally find good shows with intriguing plots and characters that have a such a high quality of acting and writing like that. This show is so well done and it is the total package, it restores my faith in television. I just hope that it doesn't get screwed up.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The book was titled "To Serve Man" an of course was interpretted by the humans as clear indication of the aliens friendly intentions.

340146[/snapback]

The Simpson's Halloween Special: Tree House of Horror

The cookbook which says 'How to cook for forty Humans' parodies a 'Twilight Zone' episode called 'To Serve Man.'

Heres a picture for those who want to see.

My only question is how is there a radio transmitter there. The black rock is where Danieele says the transmitter is.

http://www.lost-media.com/modules.php?name...bum=469&pos=738

340391[/snapback]

I gotta feeling that Black Rock will play a huge role in this show, and maybe eventually being their vehicle of departure somehow.

The cookbook which says 'How to cook for forty Humans' parodies a 'Twilight Zone' episode called 'To Serve Man.'

340419[/snapback]

that one was great, with everyone brushing the dust off the cover of the book...

lisa: "how to cook humans"

aliens: "how to cook for humans"

lisa: "how to cook forty humans"

aliens "How to cook for forty humans"

The Sawyer-Jack scene was great. You just don't normally find good shows with intriguing plots and characters that have a such a high quality of acting and writing like that. This show is so well done and it is the total package, it restores my faith in television.  I just hope that it doesn't get screwed up.

340402[/snapback]

I totally agree. We should be very thankful that this show is getting the ratings necessary to continue. One of my other favorite shows is Scrubs, which also has excellent writing and acting...a very sharp and fresh show. Unfortunately, it's only going to be a midseason replacement for NBC next season as it's only rated in 30's/40's.

340419[/snapback]

And the Twilight Zone episode itself was based on a short story published a few years previously in one of the SF magazines of the time. Used to have it, don't know where it went...

What fun would it be if i quit while i was ahead...sounds good...$5 says leslie doesnt make it to season 2...

340293[/snapback]

The preview for next week showed an explosion. Probably Leslie handling the dynamite. :wacko:

I read that this episode is going to be repeated Tues. 8pm.

Can someone go back and check what the currency is? I'm from Nicaragua and I think I would have remembered that.

339999[/snapback]

Since they were carrying Nigerian money and maps, it says to me that was their destination, not their starting point.

The plane could have left from anywhere...

I totally agree.  We should be very thankful that this show is getting the ratings necessary to continue.  One of my other favorite shows is Scrubs, which also has excellent writing and acting...a very sharp and fresh show.  Unfortunately, it's only going to be a midseason replacement for NBC next season as it's only rated in 30's/40's.

340434[/snapback]

Speaking of other great shows with poor ratings, people should check out "Veronica Mars." The season finale was last week, and I don't know if they're doing repeats or not. It was an EXCELLENT murder mystery that spanned the entire season. Very well done. I'm sure it'll be out on DVD soon.

It was renewed for season 2 (barely...), and I'm not sure what the story will be since the murder was solved. But the writers are very good (some episodes were written by former Buffy/Angel writers FWIW), the acting is excellent, and there are some great plot twists that you wouldn't normally expect.

CW

I hope the Aliens watching from above theory isn't true but maybe it is. Remember when Locke tried to open the hatch after Boone bit the dust, he looked up to the sky and said "I've done everything you wanted me to."

Also, here are POSSIBLE spoilers for next week's double episode, select the area in between the lines because the text is yellow.

SPOILER

================================

The Exodus 2: Part 1. There are four survivors from the tailend. One of them is Rose's husband. One of them is the hottie Jack talked too in the airport. One of them is a guy that was casted as a priest in an episode about Charlie.

The Exodus 2: Part 1: This one is a little whacked but apparently through a series of flashbacks we'll see how and why the plane went down. This is where you'll see a small percentage of the monster who is responsible for the plane ripping apart.

The Exodus 2: Part 2: One of the guys "won't be returning" whatever that means. Hurley is called upon to open something up where tools couldn't.

================================

/SPOILER

Also, something happens that has never happened on any TV show episode ever. Apparently the last scene is something we'll be talking about all summer long.

Also, no spoiler hear, but something happens that has never happened on any TV show episode ever. Apparently the last scene is something we'll be talking about all summer long.

340463[/snapback]

Kate and Hurley have sex?

Still say that smoke has something to do with HG Wells Time Machine.

Here is a quick synopsis of the movie.

Plot Summary for

The Time Machine (1960)

From the book by H.G. Wells, a scientist and tinkerer builds a time machine and uses it to explore the distant future where there are two races, a mild gentle race, and a cannibalistic one living underground. His machine is stolen by the underground race and he must risk capture himself (and being eaten) to return to his own time.

NOw, what the hell is that hatch, could it be some kind time machine.

Also, a little about Portsmouth .

The port was the first embarkation point for the convicts who were transported to Australia in 1787.

That from the history of portsmouth on some website. So, maybe the ship was transporting prisoners to Australia. Afetr all, aren't bar fight looked upon favorably down under, as Sawyer`said. Stinkin land of prisoners

I totally agree.  We should be very thankful that this show is getting the ratings necessary to continue.  One of my other favorite shows is Scrubs, which also has excellent writing and acting...a very sharp and fresh show.  Unfortunately, it's only going to be a midseason replacement for NBC next season as it's only rated in 30's/40's.

340434[/snapback]

When did you hear this about "Scrubs"? It is one of my favorite shows as well, and one of the best shows besides "The West Wing", that NBC has on it's schedule. I can't believe they are holding it until mid-season for the next season.

If FOX and ABC do the same thing with "24" and "Alias" again, there won't be anything good to watch next Fall except "Lost" and the NFL.

GO BILLS 2005 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When did you hear this about "Scrubs"?  It is one of my favorite shows as well, and one of the best shows besides "The West Wing", that NBC has on it's schedule.  I can't believe they are holding it until mid-season for the next season. 

If FOX and ABC do the same thing with "24" and "Alias" again, there won't be anything good to watch next Fall except "Lost" and the NFL.

GO BILLS 2005 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

340476[/snapback]

NBC released their fall schedule earlier this week. Sorry no linky dinky.

when they were walking in the woods towards the "black rock" when all of a sudden there was that commotion and Arzt disappeared. Those "footstep" noises were Ginormous sounding. The french chick called it the "security system" or something. not sure if the "footsteps" were just sound effects for our purposes or if the people were able to hear it as well, but that "thing" has to be HUUUUGE!!!!! it is going to be interesting to find out what it turns out to be.

Also, something happens that has never happened on any TV show episode ever. Apparently the last scene is something we'll be talking about all summer long.

340463[/snapback]

They go back in time and Norwood's field goal goes through the uprights. Yes!

Also, a little about Portsmouth .

The port was the first embarkation point for the convicts who were transported to Australia in 1787.

That from the history of portsmouth on some website. So, maybe the ship was transporting prisoners to Australia. Afetr all, aren't bar fight looked upon favorably down under, as Sawyer`said. Stinkin land of prisoners

340472[/snapback]

Hey...another nice possible clue. I have no doubt that that is exactly what the Black Rock was doing when it was brought to the island. Very interesting.