Kudos to JP21. A little recognition.

The entire defense plays better than the sum of it's parts...not sure if any of these players would be great by themselves other than Tre, and maybe Milano, but the way they play as a unit is something to behold...they are a well oiled machine on defense.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The entire defense plays better than the sum of it's parts...not sure if any of these players would be great by themselves other than Tre, and maybe Milano, but the way they play as a unit is something to behold...they are a well oiled machine on defense.

No first team Pro-Bowlers on the #1 ranked defense. Crazy.

• Agree 3

Recognition from his own team's PR department.  

Personally I'm glad the rest of the league & media are still asleep on our D other than to say the obilgatory "Poyer and Hyde may be the best safety tandem in the league"...  keeps 'em salty.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

#1 ranked defense in both yards and scoring and a whole litany of other categories.

and No Pro Bowler’s!!!!!!

15 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Personally I'm glad the rest of the league & media are still asleep on our D other than to say the obilgatory "Poyer and Hyde may be the best safety tandem in the league"...  keeps 'em salty.

may be?   

the Bills PR said that they are ;) 😆 

• Like (+1) 1

I watched the presser with Poyer and Hyde (and Tre's jersey). I couldn't make out what the reporters were asking, but at one point, either JP or MH responded, "Number one? Really?" I wonder if they didn't even know that they're part of the #1 defense in the league.

Peanut butter ... great.

Jelly ... great.

PBJ ... magic.

These two guys should be so thankful that the other one is right there too.  Neither one distinguished himself before arriving here, and neither has the outstanding physical characteristics that some safeties have.  But put them together and the combination is incredible.

2 minutes ago, ßookie_tech said:

I remember when many here thought he was a scrub because he was coming from the Browns and they didn't try to re-sign him.  JP proved a lot people wrong.  One of the best signings in franchise history imo. 

Maybe trading Wyatt Teller to the Browns, before he became Wyatt Teller, is karmic payback for stealing Poyer.

• Like (+1) 2

Poyer is elite. 

Not just "he plays for my favorite team so I have Homer Glasses on when I watch him" elite, but ELITE elite.

His is the most egregious Pro Bowl snub I can ever remember.

He should be AT LEAST 2nd team All-Pro, but frankly I'd say he should be 1st team. He plays incredibly well down in the box, making TFLs and hitting hard and cleanly. He also plays very well in both man and zone coverage. His mere presence -- with he and Hyde's pre and post snap shifts and movements -- tremendously impacts the defense for the better.

He is having an All-World season, and I'm so glad he's a Buffalo Bill.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

It’s because they don’t play as well against good offenses apparently…which is true for every single defense in the league 🤣. I do think the home weather inflates our defense stats a bit at the expense of offensive stats though 

18 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

No disrespect to Dr. Poyer and Mr. Hyde but the safeties in 1992 were really great and should be lessons in film room.

I wonder if they could get Jones AND Kelso to lead the charge on playoff game.

19 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Shows what happens when a GM/HC/DC are all really good, are all on the same page, and are all in place together for several years.  And how often does THAT happen?  We are sooo lucky.

Yes because a coach of the Browns came to Bills and told front office "take a chance on him, he is a lot better than game film shows".

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.