USFL

Milanos Milano

20 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Nice to see Taiwan Jones getting some off-season work in to help give Edmunds a few pointers lol. In all seriousness, cool to see some familiar names like Lance Lenoir, Bug, Lauletta. 

Even saw Lynch on there lol

On 2/22/2022 at 8:51 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Paxton Lynch has a job with Michigan.  I thought he was going to be a decent NFL QB, shows what I know.

42 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

One would think Fox would have dealt with this already.  Can’t believe they would be this deep and not have disposed of this.  

Same here. I thought they had some of these original USFL folks involved. There's no question the old USFL nostalgia has value. Much of Fox's promotion of the new league is rooted in nostalgia. The names, logos and colors of these teams are 99% based on the originals. It will be interesting to see what a judge thinks.

My conspiratorial mind can't help but think The Rock called in some favors.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

While this guy has a point in regards to why use the same names if not using the history, it comes off as someone bitter about not being asked for any involvement in the new USFL as he deems himself an expert as he wrote a book on it

On 3/1/2022 at 6:07 AM, davefan66 said:

One would think Fox would have dealt with this already.  Can’t believe they would be this deep and not have disposed of this.  

It says they met about it, but apparently the meeting didn't go well. FOX knows they have no legal standing and it seems like the original owners overplayed their hand. Now this is their last ditch effort to force FOX into giving them something.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Will probably watch, stars or not. Would probably watch a televised backyard football game at this point. I want and need football. 

I will definitely watch for the same reason. Just found it funny they put a bunch of players in hero poses as if anybody knew who they were. Reminds me of the Nathan Peterman hype video.

5 hours ago, Greg S said:

I will watch it but I have doubts it survives. Same with the XFL. 

Regardless, it's the idea of a minor league that will survive. Different iterations will keep coming until one sticks.

7 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Will probably watch, stars or not. Would probably watch a televised backyard football game at this point. I want and need football. 

Yep. A bunch of my buds got into the XFL a couple years ago for similar reasons, and initially our fanaticism was just for jokes. But by the end of the year we were all semi-invested and actually cheering for our teams.

24 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yep. A bunch of my buds got into the XFL a couple years ago for similar reasons, and initially our fanaticism was just for jokes. But by the end of the year we were all semi-invested and actually cheering for our teams.

AAF had the AZ Hotshots in my city who were easy to root for and we went to a game in person, which was fun. USFL doesn't have a team here, but I'm finding it easy to get hyped for the Houston Gamblers.

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I bought a Houston Roughnecks T. I'm such a frontrunner. (They were 9-0)

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

AAF had the AZ Hotshots in my city who were easy to root for and we went to a game in person, which was fun. USFL doesn't have a team here, but I'm finding it easy to get hyped for the Houston Gamblers.

They would be smart to bring some original USFL alums to be interviewed during games. I bet Jim Kelly has some good Gamblers stories.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.