USFL

Milanos Milano

This is odd:

In the inaugural season of the USFL, all eight teams will play in one location, which will be announced soon. In the future, the USFL expects teams to play in their own markets.

Will be interesting to see where all of the games will be played.  According to Wiki, 75-80% of the games will be played in two stadiums in Birmingham, AL.

I will definitely watch if I'm home.  Closest team to me is New Jersey, but since all games will be played in Alabama, I guess that doesn't really matter.  I'll probably do some looking around and just pick the team with the coolest uniform/logo/name.

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

This is odd:

In the inaugural season of the USFL, all eight teams will play in one location, which will be announced soon. In the future, the USFL expects teams to play in their own markets.

Will be interesting to see where all of the games will be played.  According to Wiki, 75-80% of the games will be played in two stadiums in Birmingham, AL.

I will definitely watch if I'm home.  Closest team to me is New Jersey, but since all games will be played in Alabama, I guess that doesn't really matter.  I'll probably do some looking around and just pick the team with the coolest uniform/logo/name.

IIRC this is how they did it last season as well. All teams playing in the same stadium or at least the same city. Makes sense, drastically cuts travel costs. 

I’ll be watching, I always watch. The football often is of terrible quality, but I’ll be watching. Love the sport too much not to. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Why are there no west coast teams?

Maybe to limit travel expenses, I’m not sure. If the league survives, they may expand. 

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

If I am home, bored, and discover a game on TV in front of me, I might watch for 10 minutes out of curiosity.

Not much more than that, though.

While I won’t plan a whole day around it like I currently do when the Bills play now, I love football to much to not watch it. You can only rewatch taped games during the offseason so much. I could literally watch football year round and not get bored. If anything, I’m mad that from February to April there will be no action. I’m usually in draft mode research then anyways, but the real football withdrawals kick in June. 

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

I will absolutely watch. We're all rooting for the Houston Gamblers right? 

I'd love for them to become more popular in Houston than the Texans.

And obviously, we Bills fans have a little history there....

On 1/5/2022 at 9:33 PM, stuvian said:

my sentiment is turning anti NFL with each passing day. Yes, if the product is halfway decent I'll watch and if they tackle old school style, I'll support with $$. 

Yeah. Remember this hit in the AAF? Perfectly legal. Honestly don't know how the USFL will handle it, but I'm all for more football.

On 1/4/2022 at 7:34 AM, Gugny said:

This is odd:

They learned from the AAF. You can't try to start a league these days all in their own locations and pour money into trying to drum up local support. The money is all in the TV broadcast. Dump what money you have into the TV contracts and advertising, pay good coaches and players as best as possible, while keeping your other operating costs low.

The game day situation has 70s vibes to it. Their playing on network television, but in a ***** concrete stadium in Alabama, lol. It seems like the right plan, though.

I went to an AAF game in Phoenix and it was fun, but it was obvious how hard they were trying while getting very little in return in regards to local support.

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/15/2022 at 4:22 PM, LeGOATski said:

They learned from the AAF. You can't try to start a league these days all in their own locations and pour money into trying to drum up local support. The money is all in the TV broadcast. Dump what money you have into the TV contracts and advertising, pay good coaches and players as best as possible, while keeping your other operating costs low.

The game day situation has 70s vibes to it. Their playing on network television, but in a ***** concrete stadium in Alabama, lol. It seems like the right plan, though.

I went to an AAF game in Phoenix and it was fun, but it was obvious how hard they were trying while getting very little in return in regards to local support.

This league is owned by Fox Sports, so they aren't going to pull it unless no one is watching.

And just for comparison, there was at least one XFL game was in the top 10 viewership every week.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Bandits look good.

Maulers look like the Frankfurt Galaxy. Not appealing.

Stallions look like Florida State.

So far all these unis are modernized versions of the original jerseys. They are truly reincarnating the USFL.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

8 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Have they said where all the games are being held?

This year all games will be played at two stadiums in Birmingham AL: Legion Field and Protective Stadium. In 2023, the plan is to start moving franchises to their namesake cities.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.