USFL

Milanos Milano

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This year all games will be played at two stadiums in Birmingham AL: Legion Field and Protective Stadium. In 2023, the plan is to start moving franchises to their namesake cities.

That sucks. I live 20 minutes from MetLife so I would love to check out a Generals game assuming they will be playing at MetLife. Plus tailgating in the spring would be very nice from a weather standpoint.

Edited by Greg S

53 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Gamblers unis are solid. Overall the designs are amateurish, but that was expected. If the league is successful, hopefully they clean em up with a more classic style. When it comes to uniforms, less is more.

They should go with racing type uniforms with lots of sponsor patches and allow individual players to add their own sponsors as long as they are not competing against league sponsors and do not violate other standards (i.e. Bail Bondsman, Colorado Marijuana Dispensaries, etc).

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

On 2/19/2022 at 5:37 PM, major said:

With baseball gone this season, I’m certain I’ll tune into USFL

They may not play 162 but there will be a season. The owners and players don't care about the fans but they do care about the money. No chance they throw away an entire season. Plus wasn't it 2 years ago they played a 60 game season because of Covid. So you know they will play to a reduced schedule. If they do have any chance of playing 162 they need to settle soon as time is running out. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They seem confused about what they want to be.

If they're gonna tap into NFL piggy banks, then they're gonna be a developmental league.

Getting the financial footing to compete with the NFL is gonna be a long hard road. But maybe this makes that goal a little easier to achieve.

58 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

They seem confused about what they want to be.

If they're gonna tap into NFL piggy banks, then they're gonna be a developmental league.

Getting the financial footing to compete with the NFL is gonna be a long hard road. But maybe this makes that goal a little easier to achieve.

I mean it is possible the XFL could fill the slot right after the Super Bowl and the start of the USFL in April. But I can't see two spring leagues surviving.

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I mean it is possible the XFL could fill the slot right after the Super Bowl and the start of the USFL in April. But I can't see two spring leagues surviving.

I can't either. When it comes to football only the NFL and CFB matter. 

9 hours ago, Greg S said:

They may not play 162 but there will be a season. The owners and players don't care about the fans but they do care about the money. No chance they throw away an entire season. Plus wasn't it 2 years ago they played a 60 game season because of Covid. So you know they will play to a reduced schedule. If they do have any chance of playing 162 they need to settle soon as time is running out. 

Of course they threw away the 2nd half of the season in 1994 and cost Les Expos their franchise chance at a WS

4 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I wonder who is the best QB that will go 1st...

This is going to be a little weird. Obviously they aren't picking players that are expecting to play in the NFL. But what if someone they pick gets drafted on Day 3 or signed as a UDFA? Are they going to have another draft to fill the holes?

Or....Are they not drafting college players? Just players who didn't catch on in the NFL last year?

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This is going to be a little weird. Obviously they aren't picking players that are expecting to play in the NFL. But what if someone they pick gets drafted on Day 3 or signed as a UDFA? Are they going to have another draft to fill the holes?

Or....Are they not drafting college players? Just players who didn't catch on in the NFL last year?

They have signed some college players I think. The only stipulation is that you must have graduated high school by 2020.

All the players to be drafted have already signed their contracts with the league.

I am an XFL Seattle Dragons season ticket holder.  I'm bummed there will be no season this year.  Starting in February right after the NFL ends is great for fans like myself experiencing football withdrawl.  And its still cold like it should be for football.  I wish the USFL started sooner.  By April I'll be over it. 

That said, I think I'm going with the Birmingham Stallions.  Last time they had the USFL my brother was driving to Florida or something and stopped in Birmingham for a game and brought me back a pennant. So I rooted for them.  Joe Cribbs played for them. Also, I went to Birmingham a few times for bidness.  Cool/fun town and the best BBQ I ever had (and I'm from Texas).

Go Stallions.

Edited by reddogblitz

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.