USFL

Milanos Milano

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I bought a Houston Roughnecks T. I'm such a frontrunner. (They were 9-0)

They would be smart to bring some original USFL alums to be interviewed during games. I bet Jim Kelly has some good Gamblers stories.

They really should. Guest commentators. Although technically it's not the same USFL, so they're not technically alums of this new organization.

7 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

They really should. Guest commentators. Although technically it's not the same USFL, so they're not technically alums of this new organization.

For sure. But you don't adopt the identity of those old teams if you're not looking for a little nostalgia.

• 4 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, RevWarRifleman said:

Is Chad Kelly playing in this league?

No. Neither is Johnny Manziel. There are a couple of former NFL players like QBs Paxton Lynch (bust even in the USFL) and Kyle Sloter (pretty good.)

3 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I can't see how this league can sustain itself. Eveey game i turn on, there are maybe a few hundred people in the stands and that is probably being generous. 

Probably family and friends. I've looked in for a minute or two while scrolling the channels and it looks horrible. Read somewhere's a few days ago that they changed a rule or two while the season is going on. Lol.

7 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I can't see how this league can sustain itself. Eveey game i turn on, there are maybe a few hundred people in the stands and that is probably being generous. 

All that matters is tv ratings, which has settled in at about a million when on Fox or NBC. You are aware that every game is being played in Birmingham, right? 4 games every weekend. When the local team plays, the Stallions, they get around 15K. 

4 hours ago, T&C said:

Probably family and friends. I've looked in for a minute or two while scrolling the channels and it looks horrible. Read somewhere's a few days ago that they changed a rule or two while the season is going on. Lol.

I don't see a problem with that. It's a new league owned by TV networks. There's no commissioner. Heck, there are no team owners. If you see something that needs changing, you change it.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Ask that matters is tv ratings, which has settled in at about a million when on Fox or NBC. You are aware that every game is being played in Birmingham, right? 4 games every weekend. When the local team plays, the Stallions, they get around 15K. 

I wasn't aware of any of this. I give it 2 years.

11 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I wasn't aware of any of this. I give it 2 years.

The plan is to move the teams into their home cities eventually, maybe next year. But the whole point of the league is to create tv content, give gamblers something to bet on, and maybe a handful of players get to go to an NFL camp.

45 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't see a problem with that. It's a new league owned by TV networks. There's no commissioner. Heck, there are no team owners. If you see something that needs changing, you change it.

That's why it won't make it... too gimmicky with nothing stable. I don't know anyone who watches it to be honest. 

9 minutes ago, Steptide said:

The games arnt THAT bad. I think one thing they need to do is shorten the quarters to 10 mins. Also, maybe consider limiting the runs. Like maybe a team can only run once for every 1st down, or something like that

They should change the name of the game to Field Sport or something like that.

1 hour ago, T&C said:

That's why it won't make it... too gimmicky with nothing stable. I don't know anyone who watches it to be honest

1) It's football.,

2) You can bet on it.

It already out-rates NHL and MLB games.

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

1) It's football.,

2) You can bet on it.

Seems you can bet on just about anything these days. This usfl is higher rated than the NHL playoff games? I have a hard time believing that.

8 hours ago, T&C said:

Seems you can bet on just about anything these days. This usfl is higher rated than the NHL playoff games? I have a hard time believing that.

See for yourself.

https://showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked/tvratings/skedball-tvratings

Keep in mind games on the big networks do better than the cable channels.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

9 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

1) It's football.,

2) You can bet on it.

I am surprised if it does. It looks like nobody is at these games. When it comes to football the only leagues fans care about are the NFL and CFB. All of these other leagues seem to fail.

One of my kids(the biggest football fan) is pumped for all of these games. Any time he sees or hears an ad for it he is all in. Not being a fan of a certain team makes it a lot easier to be a fan of the game itself and explain it to your kids without being compromised by a rooting interest. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.