Buffalo Playoff position scenarios

CorkScrewHill

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am rooting for Browns over cincy, and Raiders over chargers. That would result in:

1) Tenn (bye)

2) Colts (7) v KC (2)

3) raiders (6) v Bills (3)

4) patriots (5) v Bengals (4)

Obviously the best case scenario being:

The Patriots beat Cincy - very possible 

The Colts beat KC - extremely possible 

Bills beat Raiders.

Round 2:

The Colts upset the Titans 

We beat the Patriots at home

AFC Championship Colts at Bills 

That's the most ideal scenario 

We avoid a game where no Tre can be a huge problem.  The 3 QBs we play Carr Mac and Wentz  - Carr being the best of the 3.  A playoff run that includes games vs the Chiefs and Bengals will be a problem.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Looking forward to seeing a home playoff game with a packed house. Its been what 27 years since the last time we had a home playoff game with sellout crowd.

95'. I was there.

Already got my home playoff tickets weeks ago through the Bills pre-sale (and got mocked on here pretty hard). 

Sup now. Go Bills

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Evian said:

I disagree. I can see the #7 Chargers beating the #1 Titans and #2 Chiefs. If we beat the Pats and Colts/Bengals the Chargers come to Buffalo in January in the AFC Title game. Not likely, but possible.

I don’t mind playing the chargers in the AFCCG— whoever we play by that point, is going to be good. I just don’t want to face the chargers in the WC round. Would prefer to avoid a really strong passing team as best as we can given Tre is out. 

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I’d prefer the Colts to a 3rd meeting with Belichick, McDaniels and co. 

I would prefer the opposite.  Indy clobbered us by running down our throat. Our run D is still suspect IMHO.

meanwhile we beat NE handily once in their own house and should have won the Wind Bowl Game.

McDermott has won 3 out of the last 4 vs Bill Bellyache and totally out coached him the last one.  There is a new sheriff in town.

3 hours ago, Greg S said:

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the winner of the Chargers-Raiders game in while the loser is out. Baltimore isn't making it.

Think if Indy loses and Raiders win and Baltimore wins they are in.  Then Balt Indy, and Chargers are all 9-8 and Baltimore beat both of them.  Wild cards would then be NE, Raiders, Baltimore.  But if Raiders lose, then Then Balt, Indy, and Raiders are all 9-8 and Baltimore is out based on Conf record.

3 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

Most likely playoff bracket seems to be (edited as I pasted in the wrong thing):

1. Tennessee Titans (bye)

2. Kansas City Chiefs vs. 7. L.A. Chargers
3. Cincinnati Bengals vs. 6. Indianapolis Colts
4. Buffalo Bills vs. 5. New England Patriots

Great scenarios. New England is my ideal first round opponent. Also great to have the other 4 teams battling it out because I don’t particularly want to face any of the other 4 teams that will be playing in that first round. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am rooting for Browns over cincy, and Raiders over chargers. That would result in:

1) Tenn (bye)

2) Colts (7) v KC (2)

3) raiders (6) v Bills (3)

4) patriots (5) v Bengals (4)

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

That's an interesting scenario, and as much as I would like to play NE, I would take a Raiders game for sure.  They might be (other than NE) the weakest team in the AFC playoffs.

Not sure Cleveland can beat Bengals right now though.  

Bengals look really good at the moment.

This is the scenario Bills fans should be rooting for.  As for Cleveland-Cinci...if there is a nit to pick with the Bengals it seems as though Burrow does get hit a lot.  Cleveland's D front is pretty good...they might have a puncher's chance...

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.