Article - Trade for Saquon in the offseason? Apparently Twitter thinks so 🤔

JerseyBills

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Dude, you don't trade draft resources for a RB with a $7.2M contract so that he can be part of a committee and get 12 carries a game

I wasn't aware of the contract details when I first posted that. Someone since has informed me.  Yeah that doesn't make much sense.  I'm really curious to see what kind of contract SB gets when he hits the market, given his talent, but injury history. 

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

Replace a pro bowl LB with a rookie for a team that thinks they're close to a super bowl appearance. Hope not. 

Did you just say pro bowl like it has any sort of meaning?  Those are two words that should be banned from the message board at least for the next year or so.  If you read again, I said OL/LB in FA/Draft.  

10 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Even if he wins comeback player, he will either leave for big $ or become a salary cap nightmare.  If he wasn't entering his final contract year as a huge? , he'd be a lot more appealing.  There's no way the Bills can justify extending him before next season & no respectable agent would let him sign an extension at the lowest point of his market value.  Not a good business decision to rent a ? at $7.2 million.  

No argument with any of that; it's a terrible situation for a trade for the Bills.

But if the Giants were stupid enough to let him go for a mid-round pick, I'd be really tempted to roll the dice.

We're looking to win a Super Bowl and if we have to lose a 3rd/4th rnd pick on a 1year rental that could potentially put us over the top, I'm taking a serious look at it.

If he does have a great year and we lose him in FA, maybe a compensatory pick replaces the pick we dealt for him.

I live in Giants country.  Such a shame, the guy was a HR threat every touch in his first couple of seasons.  Looked every bit the part.

The injuries, young QB, and the dog poo OL situation, and terrible coaching/OC situations all combined to what we have now.

The Giants didn't have JA17, or any WR that warranted doubling up, the box got stacked and defenses dared the Giants to let Jones throw it to victory (lol). I wouldn't underestimate the "fresh start" factor and in this offense he will get a lot of work in space.  The Giants fit him to the scheme, where they resisted building parts of the scheme around his best assets.  They were too busy trying to get so many other aspects of the offense off the ground. 

A new GM coming there (maybe HC), 2 top 10 picks and probably a full offensive overhaul (Sheppard, Engram, Slayton, Solder, etc. all need to go).  

I am in favor of this.  He is still in his prime.  24 years old.  He's a motivated guy, no diva there, team player and keeps himself in peak physical condition. The "glass" detractions are not unfair, comes with the last 2+y of outcome.  

Can easily see a resurrection inside of this offense.  It's a flyer of sorts but this is a guy I would take the shot on.  Look what James Connor did this year and he was as injury prone as they come.

55 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Did you just say pro bowl like it has any sort of meaning?  Those are two words that should be banned from the message board at least for the next year or so.  If you read again, I said OL/LB in FA/Draft.  

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know some like to dismiss the pro bowl votes players get. It's not just fans who vote. Coaches count towards 1/3 and player votes also count towards 1)3,along with 1/3 of fan votes. Anyway, a PRO BOWL linebacker for a banged up RB?!? I don't think Beane would do it.

1 hour ago, Simon said:

No argument with any of that; it's a terrible situation for a trade for the Bills.

But if the Giants were stupid enough to let him go for a mid-round pick, I'd be really tempted to roll the dice.

We're looking to win a Super Bowl and if we have to lose a 3rd/4th rnd pick on a 1year rental that could potentially put us over the top, I'm taking a serious look at it.

If he does have a great year and we lose him in FA, maybe a compensatory pick replaces the pick we dealt for him.

The question is would he put us over the top?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.