I know it is a long way out - 8 Days, but you got to be kidding Foxborough Weather

Billsfan1972

16 minutes ago, nucci said:

so, has the forecast changed since the original post?

Storm system nearby that they are keeping their eye on due to the football game, but I think too far away right now to really pay much attention to.  

They're calling for partly cloudy 38 degrees on Sunday.

That's from the latest CBS-Boston affiliate's weather video.

21 hours ago, NewEra said:

Saying Mac has a noodle arm is not a baseless claim.  Just 2 weeks ago, his head coach took the ball out of his hands for an ENTIRE game because of the wind.  Our QB threw the ball 30 times.  The greatest coach in NFL history just told the world that he didn’t trust Mac throwing into that wind. Hence….not a baseless claim.

or maybe you aren’t even talking about me and got butt hurt by another posters claim too……making it more than 1 time you addressed your insecurities 

So when a team elects not to kick in the wind does that also mean they do not think their kicker is good? I mean you and that other poster is using a horrible weather game to judge a player, a rookie at that, so there really not much to say IMO other than "typical".

and you are wrong, i was't addressing as far as i can remember...if i was addressing you i would of replied to you plan and simple. so yes you are wrong and i also specifically stated what i was challenging that poster on...and i love how a few posters here get upset over something the media says or when they feel nobody is respecting the bills, but me having a debate with someone...a debate which everyone here does, It's looked at as being  "butt hurt and insecure" ha ha Ok. Sure. Cool. 

also..i don't care who here likes or dislike Jones or any Pats player...i just overall think it's interesting how they are judged by rival fans. But please.. assume what you already assume. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

2 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

So when a team elects not to kick in the wind does that also mean they do not think their kicker is good? I mean you and that other poster is using a horrible weather game to judge a player, a rookie at that, so there really not much to say IMO other than "typical".

and you are wrong, i was't addressing as far as i can remember...if i was addressing you i would of replied to you plan and simple. so yes you are wrong and i also specifically stated what i was challenging that poster on...and i love how a few posters here get upset over something the media says or when they feel nobody is respecting the bills, but me having a debate with someone...a debate which everyone here does, It's looked at as being  "butt hurt and insecure" ha ha Ok. Sure. Cool. 

also..i don't care who here likes or dislike Jones or any Pats player...i just overall think it's interesting how they are judged by rival fans. But please.. assume what you already assume. 

Dude…they threw the ball 3 times in a game where they had 1 great run and 2 drives of over 5 plays.  3 passes.  The dude is your starting QB and supposed savior, yet the greatest coach ever put the ball in his hands 3 times out of 49 plays.  3.  

3 plays- -1 yard- PUNT

3 plays- 5 yards-PUNT

3 plays- 69 yards- TD

9 plays- 52 yards- FG

3 plays- 4 yards- PUNT

4 plays- 25 yards- PUNT

5 plays-  4 yards- PUNT

14 plays- 52 yards- PUNT

3 plays- 3 yards- PUNT

Final kneel down drive

Anyone can find a way to use words and stats to backup any theory they’d like to prove.  You can do that to help yourself feel better. The fact is, BB didn’t trust Mac to throw the ball in that weather.  He didn’t complete one pass vs our starting corner, who happen to be an UDFA CB and a 7th rd pick Cb getting paid 2M combined.  Now that’s trust

2 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

‘Preciatecha! I will.

🤦‍♂️

35 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Dude…they threw the ball 3 times in a game where they had 1 great run and 2 drives of over 5 plays.  3 passes.  The dude is your starting QB and supposed savior, yet the greatest coach ever put the ball in his hands 3 times out of 49 plays.  3.  

3 plays- -1 yard- PUNT

3 plays- 5 yards-PUNT

3 plays- 69 yards- TD

9 plays- 52 yards- FG

3 plays- 4 yards- PUNT

4 plays- 25 yards- PUNT

5 plays-  4 yards- PUNT

14 plays- 52 yards- PUNT

3 plays- 3 yards- PUNT

Final kneel down drive

Anyone can find a way to use words and stats to backup any theory they’d like to prove.  You can do that to help yourself feel better. The fact is, BB didn’t trust Mac to throw the ball in that weather.  He didn’t complete one pass vs our starting corner, who happen to be an UDFA CB and a 7th rd pick Cb getting paid 2M combined.  Now that’s trust

Again we realize he is a rookie, no? do we realize it's rookie season, no? it's one game and not a career right or you telling me Yes "the greatest coach of all time" drafted a QB that he would have to "protect" and "hide" is inabilities every single time? Does that even make sense? Why draft him if his inabilities are greater than his abilities to help you win? My point.

I dont put Mac Jones abilities over any other rookie QB, but i suspect overall when he needs to get the job done, he will.  if you are going to judge this one very special occasion against him, as i am trying to say.... Cool do you. Doesn't really matter much at this point. As i said, i know who i was addressing and what i specifically said.  This is one game in bad weather for any QB to play in, but yea why did BB draft this dude....

Edited by Ghost_002!

18 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Again we realize he is a rookie, no? do we realize it's rookie season, no? it's one game and not a career right or you telling me Yes "the greatest coach of all time" drafted a QB that he would have to "protect" and "hide" is inabilities every single time? Does that even make sense? Why draft him if his inabilities are greater than his abilities to help you win? My point.

I dont put Mac Jones abilities over any other rookie QB, but i suspect overall when he needs to get the job done, he will.  if you are going to judge this one very special occasion against him, as i am trying to say.... Cool do you. Doesn't really matter much at this point. As i said, i know who i was addressing and what i specifically said.  This is one game in bad weather for any QB to play in, but yea why did BB draft this dude....

All I said was that he had a noodle arm and you took exception to it.  You than compared him to a kicker kicking a FG.  Sounds about right.  

You never saw my insecure self running to the Pats message boards combating every pat fan that said something I didn’t like about Josh Allen.  But I see you.go away GIF

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

All I said was that he had a noodle arm and you took exception to it.  You than compared him to a kicker kicking a FG.  Sounds about right.  

You never saw my insecure self running to the Pats message boards combating every pat fan that said something I didn’t like about Josh Allen.  But I see you.go away GIF

*already said never addressed you, you replied to me....*

but Ok, buddy. Merry Christmas!

11 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

*already said never addressed you, you replied to me....*

but Ok, buddy. Merry Christmas!

my bad, I shouldn’t have expected you to know what addressed means.  It doesn’t contextualize who reached out to whom first.  We have both addressed each other.  You replied to me.  So yes, you did address me.  At least you came out of this conversation with a better understanding of the language that you speak.    

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

my bad, I shouldn’t have expected you to know what addressed means.  It doesn’t contextualize who reached out to whom first.  We have both addressed each other.  You replied to me.  So yes, you did address me.  At least you came out of this conversation with a better understanding of the language that you speak.    

Mods, OP and whoever else. I am sorry in advance. I am trying to not derail the thread but i just have to reply this last time.

NO sir i know what "address" means and How i was using it. I "addressed" someone other than you, YOU DECIDED TO GET INTO THE CONVERSATIONS and yes as you replied to me i replied back. You than wanted to saying "well all i said was he had a noodle arm, and you got upset and said it was baseless blah blah..." making your efforts apart  of the situation. I am telling you-you weren't, so whatever you said or felt I really didn't care. My focus and actions were toward one poster specifically . And it wasn't toward them in a negative away either. 

ok. So you can have the last word or anyone can say whatever i am out this thread.  

3 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Mods, OP and whoever else. I am sorry in advance. I am trying to not derail the thread but i just have to reply this last time.

NO sir i know what "address" means and How i was using it. I "addressed" someone other than you, YOU DECIDED TO GET INTO THE CONVERSATIONS and yes as you replied to me i replied back. You than wanted to saying "well all i said was he had a noodle arm, and you got upset and said it was baseless blah blah..." making your efforts apart  of the situation. I am telling you-you weren't, so whatever you said or felt I really didn't care. My focus and actions were toward one poster specifically . And it wasn't toward them in a negative away either. 

ok. So you can have the last word or anyone can say whatever i am out this thread.  

Mission accomplished.  See ya

On 12/21/2021 at 9:55 AM, EasternOHBillsFan said:

It makes no difference... Agholor, Harry and now Bourne all not playing is far more important. The ONLY reason why the Cheatriots won is because we didn't take advantage of scoring opportunities handed to us. I don't care if the Cheatriots have 300 yards rushing, the goal is to score more points and we can still do that because Mac Jones isn't going to win a game by himself.

Agnolor looks like he will play, Harry will be missed for his blocking.. Bourne is the one that will hurt if he can’t play.  Mind you I wonder who else in Buffalo goes on the Covid list..

22 hours ago, NewEra said:

3 plays- -1 yard- PUNT

3 plays- 5 yards-PUNT

3 plays- 69 yards- TD

9 plays- 52 yards- FG

3 plays- 4 yards- PUNT

4 plays- 25 yards- PUNT

5 plays-  4 yards- PUNT

14 plays- 52 yards- PUNT

3 plays- 3 yards- PUNT

Final kneel down drive

I pointed this out after the game - 1974, Jets at Bills. Joe Ferguson - nobody ever accused him of having a noodle arm - threw 2 passes. (He actually threw 4 - the first two were picked off but negated by penalties. After that, Lou Saban decided that trying to throw the ball at all was stupid.)

The Bills won in the rain and wind. Joe Namath's coach wasn't afraid of him throwing the ball. He threw 3 INTs.

You play to win the game. 

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2021/12/07/patriots-three-passing-attempts-are-nfls-lowest-since-1974-bills-jets-debacle/

Edited by The Frankish Reich

22 hours ago, NewEra said:

Dude…they threw the ball 3 times in a game where they had 1 great run and 2 drives of over 5 plays.  3 passes.  

That HC looked at the weather report, adjusted his plan accordingly, never wavered from it, won the game.

Isn't that his job?  His coaching decision was the winning one.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I pointed this out after the game - 1974, Jets at Bills. Joe Ferguson - nobody ever accused him of having a noodle arm - threw 2 passes. The Bills won in the rain and wind. Joe Namath's coach wasn't afraid of him throwing the ball. He threw 5 INTs.

You play to win the game. 

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2021/12/07/patriots-three-passing-attempts-are-nfls-lowest-since-1974-bills-jets-debacle/

Cool story.  Thanks for sharing.  

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

That HC looked at the weather report, adjusted his plan accordingly, never wavered from it, won the game.

Isn't that his job?  His coaching decision was the winning one.

Context of the convo man…..not sure what you’re getting at here.   BB didn’t throw because he didn’t trust his QB to throw.  I don’t blame him.  Yes, it was a great decision…..and?

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

BB didn’t throw because he didn’t trust his QB to throw.

Agreed. And I think Mac will be exposed as perfect passing conditions become rare in December and January (assuming they don't draw all dome/warm weather playoff locations).

But ... when you can run for 222 yards without even pretending to try to pass, well, then I can't argue with your strategy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.