Dabol blew it late

Niagara Dude

That 3rd & 2 call seemed like the wrong choice,  was our best option to throw up a fade pass and hope the refs calls it with two guys fighting for position.  Yes It was a foul but they should have known they were not getting calls late in the game.  I thought we could tried a rub play freeing up either Mckenzie or Beasiey or maybe a Diggs hard to the post.  Last year Josh had success with that goal line pass where he just zips a pass to Beasley before defence can even get set.  All those seemed better options then that fade pass,  I could see if Diggs was 6'4  but not at his size because if there were allowing them to play you want someone strong enough to push off the defender who is holding on.

He then starts OT being very conservative with a run and short passes on both 2nd & 3rd down. You make this huge come back and are playing with house money,  I think you need to be more aggressive and play to win.  How about throwing the ball down the field or the middle of field.? You know you have to score because our defence is not going continue to stop Brady and you go conservative and make it easy on them.  After we won the coin toss the mindset should have been we need to score or bust. Dabol has no feel for moment. IMO

• Like (+1) 22
  • Agree 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Niagara Dude said:

That 3rd & 2 call seemed like the wrong choice,  was our best option to throw up a fade pass and hope the refs calls it with two guys fighting for position.  Yes It was a foul but they should have known they were not getting calls late in the game.  I thought we could tried a rub play freeing up either Mckenzie or Beasiey or maybe a Diggs hard to the post.  Last year Josh had success with that goal line pass where he just zips a pass to Beasley before defence can even get set.  All those seemed better options then that fade pass,  I could see if Diggs was 6'4  but not at his size because if there were allowing them to play you want someone strong enough to push off the defender who is holding on.

He then starts OT being very conservative with a run and short passes on both 2nd & 3rd down. You make this huge come back and are playing with house money,  I think you need to be more aggressive and play to win.  How about throwing the ball down the field or the middle of field.? You know you have to score because our defence is not going continue to stop Brady and you go conservative and make it easy on them.  After we won the coin toss the mindset should have been we need to score or bust. Dabol has no feel for moment. IMO

He never did have a feel for the moment. He's always in his own head. 

• Like (+1) 5

He didn't read the situation.  I actually think we should have run on 3rd and 2.  It's been awhile since I saw an opposing defense as exhausted as the Bucs were at that point.

I think a run gets the 1st easily. Then you clock it & likely have time for 3 shots to the EZ.

Oh, well - hindsight.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6

Just now, Success said:

He didn't read the situation.  I actually think we should have run on 3rd and 2.  It's been awhile since I saw an opposing defense as exhausted as the Bucs were at that point.

I think a run gets the 1st easily. Then you clock it & likely have time for 3 shots to the EZ.

Oh, well - hindsight.  

Couldn’t run. If you don’t get it the FG team is rushing to get on the field to kick. 

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

Game on the line - Diggs vs Carlton Davis 1 on 1 with no help to win the game - I like our chances. He didn't misread the situation we just didn't execute. Players have to make plays.

Yea but the play you run to Diggs there is the one where he undressed Lattimore.

50/50 fade balls aren't his thing and I didn't like the call either.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Success said:

Oh, well - hindsight.  

I thought even Josh running who was still moving well would have been another good choice

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I hated the call; I was commenting on this in another thread.

You are almost putting the game in the hands of the official, daring him to the throw the flag, which they aren't going to do.

I don't like that play to begin with; it's a very "touchy" sort of play and it can easily end up incomplete for many different reasons.

20 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

He never did have a feel for the moment. He's always in his own head. 

Overthinking things is definitely a weakness of his.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Yeah I agree with the OP.  Daboll called a great game but I think his red zone calls were bad again.  Too many calls where the pass was predetermined to go one place and one place only.  The Bucs were gassed and had no pass rush at that time.  Letting Josh sit back and find the open guy was the right call or even a run I would have been fine with.  Not a big fan of the fade or even back shoulder that is predetermined to only go to one guy.  Same thing on the 3rd down in OT.  That was a one man route to Diggs no matter if he was covered or not.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.