If anyone wants to say the NFL isn't rigged, please re-watch that game

UKBillFan

53 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

!  But a portion of the fan base still has to find a way to say that they got the short end of the stick from the officiating.  And on, and on and on..  good Lord.  

For a moment, ignore the fans' complaints about officiating in the other games. 

Can you point to specific calls in yesterday's game which went unfairly against the Bucs? For all your talk about the calls going both ways, please point out which ones went the Bills' way. Just in the Bucs game

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They are trying to be good soldiers, League team players.  I get it.  But they are getting played.  It's clearly rigged. 

You are at peace with the NFL being rigged because you choose to still watch it.  Throw the league into the trash by not watching the games.  If you don’t, then you are choosing to talk out of both corners of your mouth.  

Why do you choose to watch what you call a charade every week? Why give a crapshoot ratings? Plenty of other things to do.  I’m not in your camp yet but you seem to buy into the conspiracy so… just an honest question.

1 minute ago, Fan in Chicago said:

For a moment, ignore the fans' complaints about officiating in the other games. 

Can you point to specific calls in yesterday's game which went unfairly against the Bucs? For all your talk about the calls going both ways, please point out which ones went the Bills' way. Just in the Bucs game

One game isn’t a trend.  People cry foul after every game like it is.  That’s my point.  The Bucs also outplayed the Bills for much of the game yesterday but everyone wants to focus on the refs.  And now I got sucked into doing it myself which I try not to do.  It’s a fool’s errand.

1 minute ago, KeLLy1278 said:

You are at peace with the NFL being rigged because you choose to still watch it.  Throw the league into the trash by not watching the games.  If you don’t, then you are choosing to talk out of both corners of your mouth.  

Why do you choose to watch what you call a charade every week? Why give a crapshoot ratings? Plenty of other things to do.  I’m not in your camp yet but you seem to buy into the conspiracy so… just an honest question.

No.  I chose to watch the BFLo teams only in hopes they stick it to the rigged system.  I am at peace with that. 

I don't watch every week.  Only prime time games I can get.  I mostly multi-task, follow on my phone... 

It's not a conspiracy.  Just the way system is set up.

5 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

One game isn’t a trend.  People cry foul after every game like it is.  That’s my point.  The Bucs also outplayed the Bills for much of the game yesterday but everyone wants to focus on the refs.  And now I got sucked into doing it myself which I try not to do.  It’s a fool’s errand.

dude there is an art to influencing games. Watch some Italian soccer and get back to us. 

Just now, nedboy7 said:

dude there is an art to influencing games. Watch some Italian soccer and get back to us. 

I don’t deny that for a second.  It’s virtually every national soccer league in Europe and it’s even worse in SA.  The NHL, NFL and MLB aren’t there yet imo but obviously you are entitled to your opinion.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

I have no problem with players arguing against bad or questionable calls.  As a matter of fact, I wish that the Bills did more of it.. and that includes Sean. It’s virtually always in vain so this is where the mental toughness comes in. If they can use the frustration as a precursor to focus in on the next play then great.  If it takes them out of their element then it’s useless.

The problem is when McCoach does it, and he has in several games this season, he gets so distracted with it that he loses site of what is happening during the game as he is arguing.  

8 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

No.  I chose to watch the BFLo teams only in hopes they stick it to the rigged system.  I am at peace with that. 

I don't watch every week.  Only prime time games I can get.  I mostly multi-task, follow on my phone... 

It's not a conspiracy.  Just the way system is set up.

Fair enough 

1 minute ago, CodeMonkey said:

The problem is when McCoach does it, and he has in several games this season, he gets so distracted with it that he loses site of what is happening during the game as he is arguing.  

🤷🏼‍♂️ part of being a great coach is being able to compartmentalize things.  It’s all connected.  

• Agree 1

After my video New England and their fair weather Tampa brothers asked me if I ned a tissue for my tears.  I told them nope.... they might need it if their second in line behind Kraft at the masseuse.  My apologies to McDermott he's got us going in the right direction.  

Edited by Thriftygamer83
After not aster
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Aster my video New England and their fair weather Tampa brothers asked me if I ned a tissue for my tears.  I told them nope.... they might need it if their second in line behind Kraft at the masseuse.  My apologies to McDermott he's got us going in the right direction.  

That is a skilled and noteworthy comeback.  👏👏👏

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

This thread is about yesterday's game and you decided to step in and express outrage over your perceived trend against the Bills. Yes, there are some games where the fans complain and point to those bad refs calls as the reason for the loss. But I would say this is not as regular as you are making it out to be 

Also, the Bucs did not outplay the Bills for much of the game. It was a game of 3 sections - the first was clearly dominated by the Bucs but the Bills held them to 3 more points and proceeded to tie the game. It is def a game where inconsistent officiating cost the Bills the game. 

50+ passing attemps and not a single defensive hold or PI?  I mean that must be some amazing discipline.

C'mon.  Its gotta be obvious by now.  The NFL wants their TB/NE Super Bowl.  How do two refs stare down that 3rd down and not throw a flag?

It's not scripted, but the refs are told to nudge games certain ways if they can.  And it's not just the Bills.  Ravens/Lions anyone?

I still follow the Bills, but no longer watch.  Thank god.  I would have screamed myself hoarce.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

This thread is about yesterday's game and you decided to step in and express outrage over your perceived trend against the Bills. Yes, there are some games where the fans complain and point to those bad refs calls as the reason for the loss. But I would say this is not as regular as you are making it out to be 

Also, the Bucs did not outplay the Bills for much of the game. It was a game of 3 sections - the first was clearly dominated by the Bucs but the Bills held them to 3 more points and proceeded to tie the game. It is def a game where inconsistent officiating cost the Bills the game. 

So in other words, the NFL is a crapshoot. A rigged charade in your opinion. It’s a well orchestrated version of WCW or WWF that passes itself off as legitimate.  What should fans do about it?  Btw.. many fan bases think this, mostly perennial losers.  So what shall we do?  Form a mutiny, buy pitchforks and aim them at Goodell?  Or should we all just join each other for a weep?  What’s the answer?

2 minutes ago, The Red King said:

50+ passing attemps and not a single defensive hold or PI?  I mean that must be some amazing discipline.

C'mon.  Its gotta be obvious by now.  The NFL wants their TB/NE Super Bowl.  How do two refs stare down that 3rd down and not throw a flag?

It's not scripted, but the refs are told to nudge games certain ways if they can.  And it's not just the Bills.  Ravens/Lions anyone?

I still follow the Bills, but no longer watch.  Thank god.  I would have screamed myself hoarce.

The Pats were on the short end of some big calls last week.  The Bills still lost…. at home.

1 minute ago, KeLLy1278 said:

So in other words, the NFL is a crapshoot. A rigged charade in your opinion. It’s a well orchestrated version of WCW or WWF that passes itself off as legitimate.  What should fans do about it?  Btw.. many fan bases think this, mostly perennial losers.  So what shall we do?  Form a mutiny, buy pitchforks and aim them at Goodell?  Or should we all just join each other for a weep?  What’s the answer?

Wake everyone up, and then, slowly, stop watching.

When you wake up, it takes a long time to lose the emotional attachment. There's all the stages of grief. But slowly, you start to detach and care less and less. 

3 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

The Pats were on the short end of some big calls last week.  The Bills still lost…. at home.

And?  I already said the refs nudge games.  It's not scripted.  For example, Bills/Jags I believe refs were told to keep it close, then let the Bills win.  Bad calls kept it close, then the bad calls stopped.  Bufallo had ample chance to win, and blew it.

Can you honestly explain the no-call at the end of regulation coupled with the PI in OT?

Just to add, there have been some bad calls against us this season but do I think they affected the outcome of the games? No; I think every other game this season has been lost, at it's base, on play calling or execution. To an extent you could argue that was the case yesterday, being 24-3 down at the half and that horrific 4 & 3 punt. BUT, after such a stunning fightback in the second half, to have calls go against us in such a way is difficult to accept - it's the first defeat this season where I say the officials are at least partially responsible for the outcome.

Just now, ToGoGo said:

Wake everyone up, and then, slowly, stop watching.

When you wake up, it takes a long time to lose the emotional attachment. There's all the stages of grief. But slowly, you start to detach and care less and less. 

This is true.  100%.  Watching any sport at length becomes one heck of an addiction.  It becomes a damn event, a mini party sometimes..  I love the NHL, NFL & MLB.  I, like countless others buy team merchandise, T-shirts, hoodies, hats, you name it.  It’s fun and it becomes part of one’s life after a while.  Conversations with fellow sports fans in person and on forums such as this one.. etc. To throw it all away is a big decision.  But if people think that these sports have no integrity then maybe this is something to consider.  It’s nauseating to even think about it.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Just to add, there have been some bad calls against us this season but do I think they affected the outcome of the games? No; I think every other game this season has been lost, at it's base, on play calling or execution. To an extent you could argue that was the case yesterday, being 24-3 down at the half and that horrific 4 & 3 punt. BUT, after such a stunning fightback in the second half, to have calls go against us in such a way is difficult to accept - it's the first defeat this season where I say the officials are at least partially responsible for the outcome.

I’ll take the bait.  Currently, as a defender in this league you have to play the ball.  I can’t overstate this.  If you simply play the body before the ball gets anywhere close then you’re a dead pigeon.  Typically if a safety or cover corner turns his head and at least makes an attempt to make a play on the ball he’s in the clear.  It’s the players that are poorly coached that always have that trained look of utter shock on their faces that are either undisciplined, poorly coached or both.  Either way it results in a big fat L.

If a receiver is making a move to make the play and all a defender does is try to stand in his way and makes contact with him in the process IT WILL BE A PI.  Some teams take advantage of this and some don’t.  This is coachable  and can eventually turn instinctive on the fly.  

Edited by KeLLy1278

To those that think the refs had nothing to do with the loss:  how did you react when they didn’t throw flags on the 3 obvious defensive holds?  What did you do when they threw the flag on Dane vs Gronk?  Or when Levi got the flag vs evans on a pass that was poorly thrown on purpose?  How did you react?  What were you thinking?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

That the television audience can see what is happening on the field better than the officials is a major problem. If the NFL wants to protect "the shield" it needs to completely modernize officiating. We heard about the "Eye in the Sky" official that was added this season. Where is this being used? And for what? Coaches still have to challenge plays where the outcome was obvious on a replay available less than ten seconds after the play concludes. Camera angles saw Diggs' stretched jersey, but some old man huffing down the field doesn't see it? Never attribute to treachery that which can be explained by incompetence.

NFL athletes are SO advanced over those even 20 years ago. And we have middle-aged men running, RUNNING half the time trying to see what occurs and officiate it??? Are you SHIIITING ME??? 

Get a crew of officials in front of HD displays and start getting these FRACKING calls correct. Or yes, I will start to believe this league is rigged.

Out 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.