I hope the media and commentators keep praising the Patriots to the skies

Dr. K

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

They averaged 3.5 yards a carry..  you had 9-10 guys in the box.. Again in regular weather you couldn’t do that and if you did Borne and Henry amongst others would burn you. Again your D did NOT do a good job stopping the run when you realize they needed 9-10 guys keep it at 3.5 yards a carry.. 

in normal weather the Pats score every drive (unless of course someone drops a pass or fumbles etc) your D doesn’t scare me or any team with a run game and a QB able make accurate throws. 

the next game probably is a shootout.

That is our defense by design. Not giving up the 3.5 yards a carry, but not giving up the big plays. They failed Monday with the single td run. That is all they failed at. 

If you want to thump your chest about driving down and scoring 2 field goals, go for it. Our secondary isn't scared of Henry or Borne. We've faced far better WR's with far better running games and did just fine. The only exception is the colts. 

30 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

That is our defense by design. Not giving up the 3.5 yards a carry, but not giving up the big plays. They failed Monday with the single td run. That is all they failed at. 

If you want to thump your chest about driving down and scoring 2 field goals, go for it. Our secondary isn't scared of Henry or Borne. We've faced far better WR's with far better running games and did just fine. The only exception is the colts. 

I’d be worried if you had Tre White. You don’t like I said you needed 10 in the box stop the run.. the next matchup will be a shootout. 

They've won their last seven games by a difference of 225-73. Their four losses are by a combined total of 24 points. How long are we going to pretend like they aren't good? The Patriots are a big boy team whether people want to accept it or not. It doesn't mean they're unbeatable.

Edited by evek
  • Agree 1

On 12/8/2021 at 3:59 PM, Dr. K said:

I hope they keep trumpeting the Pats victory over the Bills as some astonishing overwhelming beatdown. I hope they keep saying that the Pats destroyed the Bills' defense, which was absolutely helpless against their brilliant play. That they are some unstoppable juggernaut. I hope the Patriots players believe all this and internalize it. 

Yes, they won, and in the standings that's all that matters. But all they proved was that in a game played in swirling winds of 35-55 mph, their running game is better than the Bills' passing game. 

The Pats had 11 first downs.

They punted on six of their nine possessions (before their kneel downs at the end). 

They had drives of -1, 5, 4, 4, and 6 yards (not counting their kneel downs at the end).

They out-gained the Bills by a total of 11 yards.

Their time of possession was 32 minutes to the Bills' 28.

They were 2 for 12 on third down conversions.

They scored one touchdown.

They totaled 14 points.

They won by four points.  

I'm not saying that The Bills don't have problems, or don't have to address them. But the prevailing wisdom about this game, the way it is being characterized, at least in its immediate aftermath, is not much more than noise.

The Bills are a better team than they showed, and I expect them to show it in these last five games. 

This team has lost 5 games and each time we've heard his from the players, coaches, and fans.

After one or two similar losses it's one thing but if this was truly a great team they wouldn't have 5 losses because great teams find ways to wins at all costs even when they don't execute, turn the ball over etc.

It's simply time to accept this is not a great team or a very good one, just a middle of the road team that might be good enough by default to get into the playoffs but nothing more.

6 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

This team has lost 5 games and each time we've heard his from the players, coaches, and fans.

After one or two similar losses it's one thing but if this was truly a great team they wouldn't have 5 losses because great teams find ways to wins at all costs even when they don't execute, turn the ball over etc.

It's simply time to accept this is not a great team or a very good one, just a middle of the road team that might be good enough by default to get into the playoffs but nothing more.

There are quite a few teams over the years who had disappointing seasons or limped into the playoffs, and made it to the SB. Even a few who won the SB.

20 minutes ago, evek said:

They've won their last seven games by a difference of 225-73. Their four losses are by a combined total of 24 points. How long are we going to pretend like they aren't good? The Patriots are a big boy team whether people want to accept it or not. It doesn't mean they're unbeatable.

I was the first guy saying the Pats weren’t very good a few months ago. I didn’t understand people who claimed they should be feared. They’ve turned it around, and look as good as anyone. I have no clue who the real AFC contenders are at this point. The ebb and flow has changed since I thought the Pats any good. Now I can’t under why someone would think they don’t have a legit chance to win the AFC. 

3 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I was the first guy saying the Pats weren’t very good a few months ago. I didn’t understand people who claimed they should be feared. They’ve turned it around, and look as good as anyone. I have no clue who the real AFC contenders are at this point. The ebb and flow has changed since I thought the Pats any good. Now I can’t under why someone would think they don’t have a legit chance to win the AFC. 

They can.  In general, I'd rather have the Bills' flaws than the Pats flaws.

The Pats actually aren't unlike a team we might have had during the drought.  Strong running game, physical.  Their big advantage over any of those teams is that they are much more well-coached.

But the reason many think they can't go on a sustained run in the playoffs is because (despite some scores during their streak), they are much more ground & pound.  They're going to have to make it a winning formula against at least 3 very good teams in a row, and possibly 4.  If they get behind by more than a score in any of those games, they'll struggle.

The Bills can get down by multiple scores and have ample ability to come back and win.

OP-I would love to say I admire your optimism but there are those that would call your view overly optimistic and I think that is the camp I fall in…with all due respect.    

In my opinion, for what it is worth as a former player of this fine game with the Bills OC at Rochester, a team that chooses to run the ball and telegraphs their intent to run until you prove they need to do otherwise and wins…..means- YOU GOT YOUR BUTT KICKED IN.   You can point to the punts and 3 and outs as success but they ran when they wanted and how they wanted …..which was the whole game.   They won.    No moral victories.   They got smoked on both sides of the ball unfortunately.  

What this year has come to is that the expectation of winning is gone.   That’s true for a lot of teams this year.   We are back to hoping for a good showing and execution and a W.   Back to an any given Sunday hope.   We got less than one year of expecting to win and that is criminal….again in my humble opinion.   Should we anoint the patsies….not yet clearly…however they are the most consistent AFC team so far and have done it in several different fashions….so….more of the same…again.

Lastly, Go Bills!   There is always a chance!

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, evek said:

Bills won 7 by a difference of 258-75, and our 4 out of 5 losses are by a combined total of 17 points. Including the blowout Colts game its 5 for 43, and people want to argue the Bills aren't good, soft, dont have all the pieces, fire the coaches, fire the gm, QB is to blame...etc etc etc.

So yeah. I am going to complain about pats fans thumping their chest on a bills board. Eff them. You want to defend someone, defend your team.

On 12/8/2021 at 6:59 PM, Dr. K said:

I hope they keep trumpeting the Pats victory over the Bills as some astonishing overwhelming beatdown. I hope they keep saying that the Pats destroyed the Bills' defense, which was absolutely helpless against their brilliant play. That they are some unstoppable juggernaut. I hope the Patriots players believe all this and internalize it. 

Yes, they won, and in the standings that's all that matters. But all they proved was that in a game played in swirling winds of 35-55 mph, their running game is better than the Bills' passing game. 

The Pats had 11 first downs.

They punted on six of their nine possessions (before their kneel downs at the end). 

They had drives of -1, 5, 4, 4, and 6 yards (not counting their kneel downs at the end).

They out-gained the Bills by a total of 11 yards.

Their time of possession was 32 minutes to the Bills' 28.

They were 2 for 12 on third down conversions.

They scored one touchdown.

They totaled 14 points.

They won by four points.  

I'm not saying that The Bills don't have problems, or don't have to address them. But the prevailing wisdom about this game, the way it is being characterized, at least in its immediate aftermath, is not much more than noise.

The Bills are a better team than they showed, and I expect them to show it in these last five games. 

Dr. K = Mr. McDermott

• Eyeroll 1

This is so funny.  The game ended 14-10.  It could have easily gone either way. 

And if the Bills had scored a TD at the end, the narrative would have been so much different.  Instead of looking like a genius, people would have criticized BB for running so much when running only produced 1 TD when he needed more.

• Agree 1

On 12/9/2021 at 6:52 AM, HamSandwhich said:

This guy again lol. Can’t take you seriously with your noodle arm qb love. It’s just as the OP said, they only proved they can win with Mother Nature on their side, we’ll see in a few weeks buddy 

I still believe we are going to the Super Bowl, and it probably eats nedboy up that I’m not bending the knee to his Patriots fandom. 

As long as we can pretend that all the bills losses are flukes related to Mother Nature and other things out of the Bills control , we

can also pretend the Bills are virtually undefeated and have a virtual glide path to a super bowl championship. 

5 hours ago, Chaos said:

As long as we can pretend that all the bills losses are flukes related to Mother Nature and other things out of the Bills control , we

can also pretend the Bills are virtually undefeated and have a virtual glide path to a super bowl championship. 

You’ve got to be black pilled in the Bills to think that the wind did not play a part. Hope that the next Pats game is good weather, then you’ll see. 

40 minutes ago, Chaos said:

five lossess big guy. five losses. 

The only one that’s a head scratcher to me is the Jags game. Colts had both trumaine and Star out with sloppy weather that helped the colts, the Pitt game was game 1 which can be a weird one every year. The Tenn game was down to the wire, they had all of their best players on offense and we came up a Josh Allen slip from winning that. Of course the wind in the Pats game. We’re still headed to the Super Bowl, relax.

Edited by HamSandwhich

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.