Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

30 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Sounds like Bakhmut just fell to Wagner/Russia?

Just yesterday, both CNN and Fox reported Wagner was retreating from the city.  So which is it?

You never know what is real from the war zone, but this was posted.

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

You never know what is real from the war zone, but this was posted.

Agreed.  Tough to know what’s going on, but it seems far different than Gen Kellogg on Fox yesterday talking about the tension between Wagner’s leader and Putin given their “retreat” from Bakhmut.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

I honestly don’t believe anything our media says about this war.  Especially when we have Jennifer “pro-war” Rubin framing this article is such ridiculously obvious fashion. 

It’s the one thing both media sides are in complete agreement upon, and they’ve been wrong so, so much.  

All Russian reporting is basically banned, and all they keep doing is parroting “we’re winning” propaganda from Ukraine. 

Wagner is in retreat from Bakhmut!!  (1 day later).  Bakhmut has fallen.   Ok…

• Agree 2

30 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I honestly don’t believe anything our media says about this war.  Especially when we have Jennifer “pro-war” Rubin framing this article is such ridiculously obvious fashion. 

It’s the one thing both media sides are in complete agreement upon, and they’ve been wrong so, so much.  

All Russian reporting is basically banned, and all they keep doing is parroting “we’re winning” propaganda from Ukraine. 

The first casualty of war is the truth.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Ok, don't believe anything

Carry on 

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Celebrating a fascist victory? 

You are literally gloating over this buddy. Your side in this war will lose so enjoy your Putin victory while you can 

You said once we took all the yachts the war would be over in march of last year. Why is it still going on? 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

You said once we took all the yachts the war would be over in march of last year. Why is it still going on? 

It ain’t a “military operation” anymore, Putin has his entire ego riding on this and the more losses he takes (it took NINE MONTHS to take over one small city?), the more desperate he becomes.

11 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

It ain’t a “military operation” anymore, Putin has his entire ego riding on this and the more losses he takes (it took NINE MONTHS to take over one small city?), the more desperate he becomes.

It’s not a military operation? How exactly did they just take that city then?  What a spin man. Or is this the new narrative for when the left declares war and we send our boys on over? You gonna volunteer to head over?

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

It’s not a military operation? How exactly did they just take that city then?  What a spin man. Or is this the new narrative for when the left declares war and we send our boys on over? You gonna volunteer to head over?

The entire point of Russia’s little war, if you recall, was a “special military operation” to “denazify” Ukraine. It’s obvious that Putin wants all of Ukraine under his thumb. 

Also how come it took Russia nine months to take one city?

Edited by Roundybout

12 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

The entire point of Russia’s little war, if you recall, was a “special military operation” to “denazify” Ukraine. It’s obvious that Putin wants all of Ukraine under his thumb. 

Also how come it took Russia nine months to take one city?

because wars take long times. He has his own narratives like you saying it’s no longer a military option lol. Like you told us they’d be bankrupt, Putin had cancer, dementia, was dying of something else etc. but those who live in reality knew this was going to be a lot harder than you made it out to be 

Had family in town this week and Ukraine came up and I was made aware of a few things that made me feel better, some fact some opinion. The facts are that most of the equipment we have sent were basically mothballed materials that we would not have used unless we were desperate. We also are not prepping any large military groups to go, possibly smaller groups but nothing large will ever go that way. The opinion/rumor part is that the US  is supporting the Ukraine until Putin is removed and will not leave until that goal is accomplished. The complete speculation rumor is that China is wavering in their support of Russia and might start taking parts of Russia if they feel they want the territory.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Had family in town this week and Ukraine came up and I was made aware of a few things that made me feel better, some fact some opinion. The facts are that most of the equipment we have sent were basically mothballed materials that we would not have used unless we were desperate. We also are not prepping any large military groups to go, possibly smaller groups but nothing large will ever go that way. The opinion/rumor part is that the US  is supporting the Ukraine until Putin is removed and will not leave until that goal is accomplished. The complete speculation rumor is that China is wavering in their support of Russia and might start taking parts of Russia if they feel they want the territory.

What part of any of that was surprising to you? (Not trying to be snarky.)

7 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

china is also only sending back arms that they purchased from Russia as far as I know.