Bannon Indicted by Federal Grand Jury for Contempt of Congress

716er

48 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I actually want to be certain that I understand what crime he is being accused of, not showing up to a congressional hearing about January 6th, and nothing else?

2 counts.  One for failing to appear, and one for refusing to provide documents.

Awful quiet in here from the Trump gang.  Must be tough to be pro law and order, and also pro ignore the subpeona.  I guess if I was in that boat all I'd have to offer was "witch hunt".  

• Haha (+1) 2

CNN and MSNBC commentators are already declaring that legal due process isn't required and Bannon will be sentenced tomorrow to 3,000 years in prison while encouraging the administration to apply water boarding and other torture methods to force a confession.  Up next CNN praises President Xi's proclamation at the party Congress making him President for life followed by an NBC news humanitarian story of the Taliban preparing Thanksgiving meals for the homeless and a concerning MSNBC story from Joy Reid about Satanic worshiping White Supremist Trump supporters seen sacrificing animals and drinking their blood on video taken during the 1/6 protests.  Meanwhile, Brandon has been sited wandering across the White House lawn after his standard 5 hour afternoon nap.   

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

CNN and MSNBC commentators are already declaring that legal due process isn't required and Bannon will be sentenced tomorrow to 3,000 years in prison while encouraging the administration to apply water boarding and other torture methods to force a confession.  Up next CNN praises President Xi's proclamation at the party Congress making him President for life followed by an NBC news humanitarian story of the Taliban preparing Thanksgiving meals for the homeless and a concerning MSNBC story from Joy Reid about Satanic worshiping White Supremist Trump supporters seen sacrificing animals and drinking their blood on video taken during the 1/6 protests.  Meanwhile, Brandon has been sited wandering across the White House lawn after his standard 5 hour afternoon nap.   

Look at the bright side.  When they're all finished snitching on each other to save their hides, they will have an open forum on national TV to display all their proof of election fraud.  🤣

1 hour ago, daz28 said:

2 counts.  One for failing to appear, and one for refusing to provide documents.

Awful quiet in here from the Trump gang.  Must be tough to be pro law and order, and also pro ignore the subpeona.  I guess if I was in that boat all I'd have to offer was "witch hunt".  

This is a congressional subpoena, not a subpoena from a court of law, so you can be pro law and order and not give a crap about this. Seeing as we already had a congressional trial this seems like the Dems are so big it backwards.

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

This is a congressional subpoena, not a subpoena from a court of law, so you can be pro law and order and not give a crap about this. Seeing as we already had a congressional trial this seems like the Dems are so big it backwards.

There is a bi-partisan investigation into possible treason. What the F you talking about.

You don’t show up when Congress calls you, you can and should go to jail. It is pro-law. It’s the law that Congress can call you to testify. Not testifying is breaking that law. 

Or are you the Republican that likes to pick and choose the parts of the Constitution they want to adhere to?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Is that the best you guys got?  Hasn't Tucker told you what to parrot yet???  This is MOST CERTAINLY a law: Title 2, Section 192 of US code.  Right now you guys are literally the guy choking meme, and it's pretty embarassing.

When is the trial?

The last one, 38 years ago, was found not guilty, after doing the exact same thing Bannon is accused of doing.

The one before that was found guilty, but got probation and suspended jail time.

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

Is that the best you guys got?  Hasn't Tucker told you what to parrot yet???  This is MOST CERTAINLY a law: Title 2, Section 192 of US code.  Right now you guys are literally the guy choking meme, and it's pretty embarassing.

What did you expect? That we would blame racism?

There is no outrage here. This isn't some "resistance". People are waiting on what happens next.

Edited by unbillievable

18 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

There is a bi-partisan investigation into possible treason. What the F you talking about.

You don’t show up when Congress calls you, you can and should go to jail. It is pro-law. It’s the law that Congress can call you to testify. Not testifying is breaking that law. 

Or are you the Republican that likes to pick and choose the parts of the Constitution they want to adhere to?

Not trying to nitpick, but it's not an enumerated power, but it is a law that the Supreme Court is fully behind.  

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I actually want to be certain that I understand what crime he is being accused of, not showing up to a congressional hearing about January 6th, and nothing else?

6 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Not trying to nitpick, but it's not an enumerated power, but it is a law that the Supreme Court is fully behind.  

The politicians have been ignoring subpoenas for decades. Both parties have done this. Surprised that this "Investigation" is the hill they want to die on.

Much like the impeachments last year, the Democrats have been breaking the "unwritten" rules. It's like they no longer care that the same thing will happen to them once the other party takes over. (not that its a bad thing.)

Edited by unbillievable

4 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

When is the trial?

The last one, 38 years ago, was found not guilty, after doing the exact same thing Bannon is accused of doing.

The one before that was found guilty, but got probation and suspended jail time.

What did you expect? That we would blame racism?

What's your point?  Should the law not be respected?  I thought you guys were mad about immigration laws not being followed???  Selective much?  Don't like it, elect legislators who will change it.  That's how Democracy works. 

5 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

The politicians have been ignoring subpoenas for decades. Both parties have done this. Surprised that this "Investigation" is the hill they want to die on.

Much like the impeachments last year, the Democrats have been breaking the "unwritten" rules. It's like they no longer care that the same thing will happen to them once the other party takes over. (not that its a bad thing.)

“The politicians have been ignoring subpoenas for decades.” which ones? It’s been decade so you’ll have a ton of examples.

Edited by Backintheday544

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

What's your point?  Should the law not be respected?  I thought you guys were mad about immigration laws not being followed???  Selective much?  Don't like it, elect legislators who will change it.  That's how Democracy works. 

This law hasn't been respected in almost 40 years. I don't expect it to be enforced in the future. It's also a misdemeanor, that previously proved pointless the last 2 times it was enforced.

What I do see all these lefties celebrating like they caught Bin Laden.

...and a waste of time.

Just now, unbillievable said:

This law hasn't been respected in almost 40 years. I don't expect it to be enforced in the future. It's also a misdemeanor, that previously proved pointless the last 2 times it was enforced.

What I do see all these lefties celebrating like they caught Bin Laden.

...and a waste of time.

Ok, so the truth comes out, you're mad the "lefties" are winning by enforcing the law, that you guys normally so adamantly preach should be followed.  If a 100% legal court case is one in which you feel is a "waste of your time", I suggest you just ignore it.  Are you still ignoring the fact that Trump's DOJ failed to hold Hillary and Holder to the law like he promised he would, too???

Just now, daz28 said:

Ok, so the truth comes out, you're mad the "lefties" are winning by enforcing the law, that you guys normally so adamantly preach should be followed.  If a 100% legal court case is one in which you feel is a "waste of your time", I suggest you just ignore it.  Are you still ignoring the fact that Trump's DOJ failed to hold Hillary and Holder to the law like he promised he would, too???

How is this winning?

Do see this as some game where you have to score points? Is that all this is to you?

Everyone is angry because the country is going down the toilet, while Congress is wasting our time with this pointless "investigation",  but you feel compelled to post something because your side finally put a point on the board?

Trump didn't pursue Hilary because he said he had more important matters to focus on. I guess the Democrats just want to "win"

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

How is this winning?

Do see this as some game where you have to score points? Is that all this is to you?

Everyone is angry because the country is going down the toilet, while Congress is wasting our time with this pointless "investigation",  but you feel compelled to post something because your side finally put a point on the board?

Trump didn't pursue Hilary because he said he had more important matters to focus on. I guess the Democrats just want to "win"

Who was the last person to ignore a subpoena and get a way with it?  38 years ago... tell us.

11 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Ok… I did..   it said you

dont know what you’re talking about.

I think we're on the same page here, just some confusion.  Obviously not every law or power is enumerated in the Constitution, but the power of Congress to issue subpeonas is not in there.  The power to do so however has passed judicial review.

Just now, daz28 said:

I think we're on the same page here, just some confusion.  Obviously not every law or power is enumerated in the Constitution, but the power of Congress to issue subpeonas is not in there.  The power to do so however has passed judicial review.

And therefore is the law of the land and violating such law leads to…… 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

How is this winning?

Huh? A bi-partisan, yet both parties, are investigating this. It’s important for the nation and it’s one thing both parties are saying let’s investigate this.

We saw Republicans say they investigated Benghazi to mess up Hilary running for President. Let’s not forget all the Trump rallies where they chanted lock her up.

The fact you say Trump didn’t pursue Hilary because he had more important things makes you sound like someone who

doesnt know what they’re talking about.

1 hour ago, daz28 said:

Let me restate in a different way- if he was blocking an ongoing investigation into a crime I would care but since the trial has already happened in the house and Senate I do not care. Once again since the trial happened 10 months ago I do not understand what they are doing, unless they feel the FBI is so corrupt they can't handle this.

39 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

How is this winning?

It's winning, because Americans are sick of people thinking they are above the law, and can see accountability, and the law being followed.  It just so happens that the Democrats did it, while Trump broke his campaign promise to do so.  

Finding out the truth behind what REALLY went down on Jan 6th(and leading up to), and the false claims of election fraud, which had its day in court isn't a game.  If following the law is "scoring", then yes, I'm all about scoring.  

The reason the country is going down the toilet is up for debate, but to be angry about finding out why is ridiculous.  The fact you feel it's "pointless" is irrelevant, and if it's a waste of "your" time, then let it go Elsa.

I hate to break this to you, but Trump would have in zero ways spent ANY "time" persuing Hillary.  This may come as a shock to you, but even though Trump wishes he made policy or had control over the judicial/DOJ, it is a commonly held belief that it is independent.  The fact is either his DOJ was either completely imcompetent, or there was no 'there' there with all the Hillary nonsense he sold to you all at the rallies.  The coup-laid was too watery.

Edited by daz28
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Let me restate in a different way- if he was blocking an ongoing investigation into a crime I would care but since the trial has already happened in the house and Senate I do not care. Once again since the trial happened 10 months ago I do not understand what they are doing, unless they feel the FBI is so corrupt they can't handle this.

are you pro or anti law?

Do you think people can just pick and choose which laws they want to obey?

Why don’t you support the blue? 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

In a criminal case, there is a doctrine of double jeopardy.  That's why the prosecution has to have all their facts in BEFORE the trial, because once it's over, then it's over.  This is a committe investigation(not a trial), and obviously they feel there's still many, many facts to uncover.  There is absolutley nothing illegal about how Congress is handling this, and not even the staunchest Trumplican will even attempt to claim such.  That's why they(and the people who they brainwash) call it a waste of time or witch hunt.  They claim that they should be busy obstructing any and all legislation in Congress, instead.  The FBI is investigating criminal offenses(their job), while the house committe is investigating to help understand what legislation may be needed to prevent another insurrection, aka their job.  

2 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

are you pro or anti law?

Do you think people can just pick and choose which laws they want to obey?

Why don’t you support the blue? 

Are you a mental midget if you think you are clever.  anyone who thinks this is anything but a political stunt is too dumb for this conversation. As for supporting police could you tell me how it is related?

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

In a criminal case, there is a doctrine of double jeopardy.  That's why the prosecution has to have all their facts in BEFORE the trial, because once it's over, then it's over.  This is a committe investigation(not a trial), and obviously they feel there's still many, many facts to uncover.  There is absolutley nothing illegal about how Congress is handling this, and not even the staunchest Trumplican will even attempt to claim such.  That's why they(and the people who they brainwash) call it a waste of time or witch hunt.  They claim that they should be busy obstructing any and all legislation in Congress, instead.  The FBI is investigating criminal offenses(their job), while the house committe is investigating to help understand what legislation may be needed to prevent another insurrection, aka their job.  

You are actually arguing the house committee is now doing criminal investigations? Is your IQ above room temperature? We literally have over a dozen law enforcement agencies with jurisdiction on Capitol Hill, how about let one of them do their job. And I can solve the future riots on Capitol Hill, when someone has a protest planned that close to the building about something going on in the building have more than 50 officers present, probably closer to 5000 since there are over 50k who can be brought in. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Are you a mental midget if you think you are clever.  anyone who thinks this is anything but a political stunt is too dumb for this conversation. As for supporting police could you tell me how it is related?

He's arguing that you can't be law and order, and still think that they all should be able to just ignore legal subpeonas without being a hypocrite.  While it most surely is a "political stunt", the bonus to the American people is that they will hear the facts.  I'm completely ok with that trade off.  Asking politicians not to politic is like asking your cat not to cough up furballs, especially in today's politics.  No one makes everything more political than Donald Trump, so once again, you can't hate the Democrats for doing it, while Trump does, without being a hypocrite.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Yea, easily. I’m sorry you lack the comprehension skills that come with more finite political conversation.

Ill put into the black and white you right wingers like.

You break the law, you face the consequences.

Stop. End. That’s it. 

These are people that know the law and are violating it.