Q&A with Brandon Beane at trade deadline

YoloinOhio

Kind of got lost in a Crazy nfl week but good Beane interview here with TBN

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/q-a-bills-gm-brandon-beane-breaks-down-why-no-trades-happened-at-the-deadline/article_133c1240-3d15-11ec-bfad-9b06beefe9af.html

BN: So you got calls. Did you make any calls?

BB: "Yeah, definitely made calls, and I didn't just pick up the phone Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. We've had calls with teams. The deadline is the deadline, and maybe it puts some urgency on it, but we've gotten calls all season and we've made calls at certain times to check in and say, 'Hey, if your situation changes' ... like, you might call a team, knowing it's three weeks before the deadline, 'Would you guys ever move anyone off this position?' Maybe they tell you, they wouldn't do player A, but we'll do player B or C. Or we would consider it. Or, you tell them, 'This is the player I'd like. If anything changes on your end, let me know.' And we track them. That's a lot of the conversations. Some of that was follow up Monday and Tuesday, of, 'All right, I know we talked a few weeks ago, is this a player you'd be willing to part with?' Either it was, but it was too premium of a price, or it was 'No, we're fighting our butts off for our own team.' "

• Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

LOL Sean McDermott

The Buffalo Bills’ coach anxiously watched as the minutes ticked away to the NFL’s trade deadline at 4 p.m. Tuesday. Unlike the rest of us, however, McDermott was in a position to do something about it – so he paid general manager Brandon Beane a visit.

“I just walked into Beane’s office to make sure he wasn’t sleeping in there,” McDermott said Wednesday. “I knocked first and then he didn't answer. Had to make sure he wasn’t sleeping.”

McDermott, of course, was just kidding.

Savage

• Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Beane is right.  If they pushed back the deadline there would definitely be more teams out of the playoffs and more willing to trade 

I don't know why the NFL doesn't do this. It's one of the most exciting times for teams out of the playoffs in the NHL. 

5 hours ago, Malazan said:

I don't know why the NFL doesn't do this. It's one of the most exciting times for teams out of the playoffs in the NHL. 

I dunno, I kinda like it the way it is. I like the fact in the nfl that you generally get there with the guys that have been around all year. I’m actually not a huge fan of the nhl’s “player rental” season. 

2 hours ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

I dunno, I kinda like it the way it is. I like the fact in the nfl that you generally get there with the guys that have been around all year. I’m actually not a huge fan of the nhl’s “player rental” season. 

Ah, I don’t like that because there’s so few moves.  Also the difference would only be a few games.  If it means more moves then it would be worth it.  It’s the difference between playing 10 games or 8 games?

7 hours ago, Malazan said:

The NFL doesn't do this because the structure and goal of the regular season is entirely different than in other sports. Essentially, the NFL doesn't want to incentivize teams to sell. The league is designed to keep every team in the playoff race for as long as possible because the season is only 17 games. The league has basically reached the midpoint and 22 of the 32 teams are still either in a playoff spot or within one game of a playoff spot, so the trade deadline happens while the waters are still muddy to prevent consolidation of talent.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

So calls were made and calls received. Sounds like a lot of phone tag just to say hi. So if we don’t win a Super Bowl, we can always say at least we tried, just look at our verizon call log!! Call logs win championships! 

Yea I no a few people dont like what the rams are doing but I do, no one remembers draft picks when you win a super bowl. And who’s to say your going to hit on those picks, if you think your a player or two away go for it!!!  You have a small window in the nfl, and your always going to be rebuilding 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.