Bears looking at replacement for Nagy. Daboll at top of their list...

Big Turk

On 11/5/2021 at 11:44 AM, Big Turk said:

Looks like there is a good chance he is gone for real next off season...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-bears-already-looking-coaching-123530903.html

Chris Simms said it best Brian basically runs a mini Patriots offense in its design Josh is at a point you get any kind of creative offensive mind with his skill set we won’t skip a beat  

On 11/5/2021 at 5:19 PM, GunnerBill said:

I don't disagree I just think Daboll does want to take on that challenge. If not why did he interview for two jobs last year? He wants to be a Head Coach.

Maybe yesterday's game slows that roll and maybe it slow my not wanting him to leave. Called a bad game.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

He did. He might not get offers. But if he does and they are ones he is interested in he is gone. 

It's like a guy who has a fast car and drives fast. It is expected. Allen makes him look better than he is and I think that is the knock on him.  His creativity and game planning at this point in the season has been unimaginative and suspect. Six points with this offense (even with the porous OL) is atrocious. Indy, the Saints, and NE 2xs. That will be his put up or shut-up.  

31 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

It's like a guy who has a fast car and drives fast. It is expected. Allen makes him look better than he is and I think that is the knock on him.  His creativity and game planning at this point in the season has been unimaginative and suspect. Six points with this offense (even with the porous OL) is atrocious. Indy, the Saints, and NE 2xs. That will be his put up or shut-up.  

To be clear my view has never been "he is bound to get offers this year." It has been that he does want to be a head coach and he isn't going to turn down good offers if they come. I think he deserves flack for yesterday and to some extent for last week, but the problem this year is overwhelmingly the awful OL and not the OC. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

To be clear my view has never been "he is bound to get offers this year." It has been that he does want to be a head coach and he isn't going to turn down good offers if they come. I think he deserves flack for yesterday and to some extent for last week, but the problem this year is overwhelmingly the awful OL and not the OC. 

OC need to adapt to what his team can or cannot do... He hasn't shown the ability to recognize and go off script. 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

OC need to adapt to what his team can or cannot do... He hasn't shown the ability to recognize and go off script. 

Err... he called 15 screens last week.... when for his entire time here we haven't really been a screen team. There was at least another half dozen yesterday. If anything I think he is adapting too much and getting away from what we are good at running. The OL stinks and it is in Daboll's head and he is coaching scared of it IMO. 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Err... he called 15 screens last week.... when for his entire time here we haven't really been a screen team. There was at least another half dozen yesterday. If anything I think he is adapting too much and getting away from what we are good at running. The OL stinks and it is in Daboll's head and he is coaching scared of it IMO. 

Screens need time to develop and competent OL contribution in order to execute. Yesterday the few screens that were successful barely got off. His use of RPO fakes/play action no one bit on as no one believed the Bills were capable of running dives or off tackle effectively. When Allen kept the ball on the RPO linebackers weren't fooled. If he wants to run Allen needed to run powers or sweeps with the running back become the third blocker. For some reason he didn't want to attack edges. A little success on the outside would have softened the middle. I know I'm just an armchair OC. Thanks for listening. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2021 at 7:02 PM, gonzo1105 said:

It’s going to be either Ken Dorsey or Chad Hall imo 

On 11/6/2021 at 2:34 AM, GunnerBill said:

Don't rule out Chad Hall either. He is going to be an OC somewhere in the not too distant future. If it isn't in Buffalo we will lose him to another opportunity.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.