Bears looking at replacement for Nagy. Daboll at top of their list...

Big Turk

6 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

If Daboll looked like Sean Mcvay he would have been a head coach last year.

If the Jaguars werent complete dummies hed be leading them.

agreed. the Jags went with the splash hire instead of the smart hire just like we did with rex

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mushypeaches said:

I don't think Daboll is going anywhere.  As long as we're winning in Buffalo, I think that he stays for the ride.  

If he gets offered a Head Coaching job he covets he is gone. What we do know is he isn't gonna take just any job. 

We also know, that he was interested in at least one of the Quarterbacks in the last draft that wasn't Trevor Lawrence. Because he interviewed with the Jets who had #2. Was that Fields? Who knows. But there was someone there that interested him enough to interview for that job that he didn't think would be there when Philly went on the clock cos he turned that interview down.

Dabol will be the McDaniels of the Bills. Some guys don't covet the HC job. Fraizer can attest to that based on his time he spent in Minnesota. Remember when Rex the douch$bag ran up the score on him in preseason. Frazier stays put as well. 

I've seen more people in regular business leave to chase what they thought was better $ or opportunity only to realize what they had and lost because they left that position and there was no going back. (unless you McDaniels). 

11 minutes ago, Process said:

I'm looking forward to Daboll leaving for a HC gig, to be honest.

Way too many games where we have to overcome a terrible game plan and play calling.

And still lead the league in scoring...how awful

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Dabol will be the McDaniels of the Bills. Some guys don't covet the HC job. Fraizer can attest to that based on his time he spent in Minnesota. Remember when Rex the douch$bag ran up the score on him in preseason. Frazier stays put as well. 

I've seen more people in regular business leave to chase what they thought was better $ or opportunity only to realize what they had and lost because they left that position and there was no going back. (unless you McDaniels). 

But Daboll interviewed for two Head Coaching jobs last season. He wants to be a Head Coach, I don't think there is any doubt about that and one of these years someone will offer him a job and he will take it. What I do think is he knows that being Josh Allen's OC allows him to be selective. He is going to be near the top of the league offensively the next decade so he doesn't have to jump now to a situation he doesn't like the look of, hence he turned down the chance to interview with the Eagles. 

The best way for the Bills to keep Daboll is make at least the Championship game because teams don't like waiting that long to hire their guy. It leaves you behind the 8 ball in terms of hiring a staff and in terms of draft work, Senior Bowl etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

There is very little chance the Bills coaching staff is intact in 2022. That's just the price of success. It was very fortunate that the Bills were able to sustain the same staff after a very successful 2020 season, I do not think lightning will strike twice.

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

Because there's only 32 of them in the whole world.

Gotta say for some reason my desire to keep Daboll on as OC is nowhere near as high as it was last season. Anyone else feel like this?

It's not like the Bears job is a disaster either. Fields is a promising young QB and there is some talent elsewhere on the roster and Chicago is a glamour market.

I don’t think I would really sweat it too much if Daboll gets plucked to be a HC somewhere else. It’s not like he’s solely responsible for the turnaround they’ve had on offense. Josh has put in a ton of work and you can’t understate the importance of Jordan Palmer, Ken Dorsey, and Davis Webb, those dudes have helped him a ton. Plus, Beane went out and picked up guys like Brown, Beasley, Diggs, Knox, etc. and the consistency has been a big factor as well. A new OC wouldn’t come in here and overhaul things. And Josh would probably have a bit of input on the type of OC they’d wanna bring in. I don’t know if Dorsey would be ready to make the jump to OC, but I have faith that they’d figure it out. I like Daboll for his creativity and play designs and a decent ability to capitalize on what his players already do well. I think his drawback is he shows inconsistency as a play caller. I also think he gets away from their proven bread and butter plays at times because he’s always so focused on making sure the offense can morph and adjust to any defense they play. Do what you’re successful at regardless of what the defense does. They kill it in 11 personnel but get away from that at times if he sees a defense where he thinks he should be able to run a bunch or whatever. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.