Bears looking at replacement for Nagy. Daboll at top of their list...

Big Turk

I hope he gets his shot at some point. I'll be sorry to see him go but he deserves it. I only hope he gets his opportunity with and organization where ownership, GM, fans and media are patient enough to give him a fair chance to complete the changes he'll need to make. If we lose him I'd hate to see him as just another former coordinator/failed head coach.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Is everyone overlooking the Rooney Rule?  

Hopefully.

Stupid rule. If a team wants to punish themselves by not hiring the best candidate because if their skin color, well they'll be the one's to suffer.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

27 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bills Coaching staff is getting raided this offseason.

Yeah, it's coming. I think people wanted to wait and see if this team was real, and they can see it now.

Alot of front office talent and strong coaches in our building over the past few years. 

9 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I only hope he gets his opportunity with and organization where ownership, GM, fans and media are patient enough to give him a fair chance to complete the changes he'll need to make.

The Bears don't fit that description.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bills Coaching staff is getting raided this offseason.

If it does I hope they leave the AFCE. I could see the Fins looking for a new coach after the season. Saleh is probably safe being its his 1st year but you never know. 

Since George Halas last patrolled the sidelines in Chicago in 1967, only three  of the 11 Bears coaches since Halas have +.500 records:

Mike Ditka:  .631

Lovie Smith: .563

Matt Nagy: .583

Lovie Smith got a raw deal in Chicago in hindsight.  81-63, went 3-3 in the playoffs.  That's not too bad.

Edited by dpberr
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Beast said:

Hopefully.

Stupid rule. If a team wants to punish themselves by not hiring the best candidate because if their skin color, well they'll be the one's to suffer.

The Rooney Rule doesn't dictate who they hire, just that they need to interview at least one minority candidate.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

The Rooney Rule doesn't dictate who they hire, just that they need to interview at least one minority candidate.

I'm aware of that. My statement still stands. Regardless of being interviewed or not, not hiring the best candidate based on skin color is not best for an NFL franchise to achieve success.

Edited by Beast
  • Eyeroll 1

58 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Looks like there is a good chance he is gone for real next off season...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-bears-already-looking-coaching-123530903.html

there will be a long list IMO 

Raiders

Chicago 

Detroit

Jacksonville

Giants 

Texans 

Miami

Steelers 

Denver 

Vikings

might as well add Cleveland too 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

there will be a a long list IMO 

Raiders

Chicago 

Detroit

Jacksonville

Giants 

Texans 

Miami

Steelers 

Denver 

Vikings

might as well add Cleveland too 

I would remove Pittsburgh and Vikings. Pittsburgh won't part with Tomlin, no matter how bad the team is, and I can't see Daboll wanting to work with Cousins.

38 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m just gonna say it. I don’t want Daboll leaving. 

It's amazing how overly emotional some of our peers can be when we score only 3 points in a half. That was a basically a given during a lot of our drought years. We are very lucky to have Daboll.

7 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I would remove Pittsburgh and Vikings. Pittsburgh won't part with Tomlin, no matter how bad the team is, and I can't see Daboll wanting to work with Cousins.

I was referring  in general to openings that could happen 

Not whether Daboll would accept 

has Tomlin really had a stellar record of late?

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

has Tomlin really had a stellar record of late?

He's NEVER finished below .500, they went 12-4 last year, and are 4-3 right now with a broken down QB. What's the problem "as of late"? You think the Steelers, of all teams, would make a switch now? Insane.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.