Bears looking at replacement for Nagy. Daboll at top of their list...

Big Turk

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

But Daboll interviewed for two Head Coaching jobs last season. He wants to be a Head Coach, I don't think there is any doubt about that and one of these years someone will offer him a job and he will take it. What I do think is he knows that being Josh Allen's OC allows him to be selective. He is going to be near the top of the league offensively the next decade so he doesn't have to jump now to a situation he doesn't like the look of, hence he turned down the chance to interview with the Eagles. 

The best way for the Bills to keep Daboll is make at least the Championship game because teams don't like waiting that long to hire their guy. It leaves you behind the 8 ball in terms of hiring a staff and in terms of draft work, Senior Bowl etc. 

Gunner, I agree with you that he can be selective. But going to a new team to turn around a culture is not as easy as Beane and McD made it seem. More often than not you wallow in three years of sh*t media scrutiny and get cut loose for the next great thing. Patricia, Nagy, Quinn, Gase, Fangio (it's coming), both Grudens and on and on and on . . .  Garrett. Being a HC is thankless unless you win.....Being a big fish in a small pond is OK for many.

55 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Gunner, I agree with you that he can be selective. But going to a new team to turn around a culture is not as easy as Beane and McD made it seem. More often than not you wallow in three years of sh*t media scrutiny and get cut loose for the next great thing. Patricia, Nagy, Quinn, Gase, Fangio (it's coming), both Grudens and on and on and on . . .  Garrett. Being a HC is thankless unless you win.....Being a big fish in a small pond is OK for many.

I don't disagree I just think Daboll does want to take on that challenge. If not why did he interview for two jobs last year? He wants to be a Head Coach.

• Agree 2

As a transplanted Chicagoan, I still follow the bears and there’s been a ton of FAN speculation on Daboll going their to work his magic with Fields. They have some pieces, but their OL is a mess and that vaunted defense is aging quick … guarantee MT would not be going there, as Fields is their future right now. 

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't disagree I just think Daboll does want to take on that challenge. If not why did he interview for two jobs last year? He wants to be a Head Coach.

Best we could hope for though it's selfish is that it takes him a little while to find the situation he wants and or he wants to be a part of his home town team winning a Super Bowl before he goes.

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Best we could hope for though it's selfish is that it takes him a little while to find the situation he wants and or he wants to be a part of his home town team winning a Super Bowl before he goes.

The Bills should be all in on a Superbowl this year. The window is wide open.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

The Bills should be all in on a Superbowl this year. The window is wide open.

Yep my first thought or something I'd thought before was that the Super Bowl thing with Daboll might be the best case scenario but if things go the way we all hope that hopefully won't be a possibility for very long.

There is no "insider".  Just someone looking for a story.  The morning sports radio here mentioned BD as someone he would like to see take over.  Speculation, no more no less.  

Not saying BD won't be fielding offers, just saying this story is smoke and mirrors.  

7 hours ago, RiotAct said:

yep.  Remember last year when Daboll was also “good as gone”?

If he DOES get a HC job, how fun would it be to compile all the moaning and groaning from people here about his performance……..and post it on THAT team’s message board? Does that idea make me a bad person?   

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

there will be a long list IMO 

Raiders

Chicago 

Detroit

Jacksonville

Giants 

Texans 

Miami

Steelers 

Denver 

Vikings

might as well add Cleveland too 

I would so no coaching changes in Detroit, Houston or the Steelers, with too early to call on Jax, Giants and Vikings.

27 minutes ago, RunJoshRun said:

I don't think Daboll really wants an NFL HC job.  Why would he go to the mess in Chicago?  Big money doen't always make a solid individual happy!!

Because there's only 32 head coaching positions and it's a super competitive field.

Does Brian want to be a HC? I think so, why else did he go on interviews last year if he was content? If he doesn't that's okay too, and it's also perfectly okay if he wants to be selective where he goes. But the HC window can fade real quick if he starts having a down year/s.

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I would so no coaching changes in Detroit, Houston or the Steelers, with too early to call on Jax, Giants and Vikings.

Detroit was supposed to bite peoples kneecaps off 

Or some such.
That was indicator #1.

Maybe Urban will call it after 1 season?

I’m just throwing names out there 

I have no indications one way or the other 

Some based on current articles 

https://sports.betmgm.com/en/blog/nfl-hot-seat-coaches-replacements/

Mike Tomlin – Pittsburgh Steelers

Mike Tomlin hasn’t won a playoff game since 2016, has won nine or fewer games in two of the last three seasons, hasn’t reached a Super Bowl since 2010, and entered the season 

Mike Zimmer and Minnesota Vikings’ general manager Rick Spielman spent part of the offseason overhauling a “bad defense,” the worst one Zimmer has “ever had,” as the Vikings’ head coach proclaimed after the unit allowed 52 points in a Week 16 loss to the New Orleans Saints.

Urban Meyer – Jacksonville Jaguars

This is going well.

From reports of low morale and a lost locker room to outbursts and pathetic leadership, Urban Meyer’s NFL debut has been a joke.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.