Who Do The Democrats Run in 2024?

Irv

21 hours ago, B-Man said:

FOUR MORE YEARS !

I assume the kid was dressed like the Orange Menace and yelled Trick or Treat, Make American Great Again!  He was later picked up for questioning by the Secret Service under suspicion of being an juvenile extremist.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The drooling vegetable will be "RIP" within 4 years. I think its 50-50 he makes it to the 2024 election.

He won't be compos mentis by the election.  That's why saying Kammy will be President is smart on the Repubs' part.

• Like (+1) 3

• 5 weeks later...

IT’S CALLED “PULLING A TORRICELLI.

Democrats have no Biden backup plan for 2024, despite age concerns. 

My prediction is that he’ll drop out late, and the nominee will be picked in a (formerly) smoke-filled room.

This time the scent will be oat milk lattes, but otherwise it’s the same story. This is why they’re building up Newsom.

https://news.yahoo.com/democrats-no-biden-backup-plan-110741726.html

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/30/2023 at 7:23 PM, B-Man said:

IT’S CALLED “PULLING A TORRICELLI.

Democrats have no Biden backup plan for 2024, despite age concerns. 

My prediction is that he’ll drop out late, and the nominee will be picked in a (formerly) smoke-filled room.

This time the scent will be oat milk lattes, but otherwise it’s the same story. This is why they’re building up Newsom.

https://news.yahoo.com/democrats-no-biden-backup-plan-110741726.html

And that plan would be disastrous because if/when they ditch Kamala, the CBC/POC vote is gone.

• Agree 1

DEMOCRACY, DEMOCRAT STYLE

Jonathan Turley observes Dean’s treatment to democracy, Democrat style, in his Hill column 

“Democrats try to strip candidates from the ballot, in the name of democracy.” 

Though this is not unprecedented, for some reason or other it hasn’t received the coverage it deserves:

Henry Ford once promised customers any color so long as it is black. Democrats are adopting the same approach to the election: You can have any candidate on the ballot, as long as it’s Joe Biden.

This week, the Executive Committee of the Florida Democratic Democracy told voters that they would not be allowed to vote against Biden. Even though he has opponents in the primary, the party leadership has ordered that only Biden will appear on the primary ballot.

And if you want to register your discontent with Biden with a write-in vote, forget about it. Under Florida law, if the party approves only one name, there will be no primary ballots at all. The party just called the election for Biden before a single vote has been cast.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/4338242-democrats-try-to-strip-candidates-from-the-ballot-in-the-name-of-democracy/

• Shocked 1

43 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Jonathan Turley observes Dean’s treatment to democracy, Democrat style, in his Hill column 

Though this is not unprecedented, for some reason or other it hasn’t received the coverage it deserves:

Henry Ford once promised customers any color so long as it is black. Democrats are adopting the same approach to the election: You can have any candidate on the ballot, as long as it’s Joe Biden.

This week, the Executive Committee of the Florida Democratic Democracy told voters that they would not be allowed to vote against Biden. Even though he has opponents in the primary, the party leadership has ordered that only Biden will appear on the primary ballot.

And if you want to register your discontent with Biden with a write-in vote, forget about it. Under Florida law, if the party approves only one name, there will be no primary ballots at all. The party just called the election for Biden before a single vote has been cast.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/4338242-democrats-try-to-strip-candidates-from-the-ballot-in-the-name-of-democracy/

And people say democracy is on the ballot this election…🤣🤣🤣

If people believe that, I have sand on a beach to sell them…😉

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Can you explain how this is any different than what red states did in 2020 for Trump?

Do you ever think before you post?

• Eyeroll 1

With Hunter’s indictment, Democrats face a moment of maddening truth

The Hill, by Jonathan Turley

Author Aldous Huxley once said, “you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you mad.” Such a moment of madness has arrived in Congress as members prepare to vote on the formal approval of an impeachment inquiry. The second indictment of Hunter Biden shattered long-standing denials and narratives repeated by the White House and members of Congress. What is left in its wake is now plain to the public: corruption. The vote is not whether to impeach President Biden, but whether members support the investigation into these growing allegations of corruption by the Biden family.

https://thehill.com/opinion/criminal-justice/4350910-with-hunters-indictment-democrats-face-a-moment-of-maddening-truth/

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

With Hunter’s indictment, Democrats face a moment of maddening truth

The Hill, by Jonathan Turley

Author Aldous Huxley once said, “you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you mad.” Such a moment of madness has arrived in Congress as members prepare to vote on the formal approval of an impeachment inquiry. The second indictment of Hunter Biden shattered long-standing denials and narratives repeated by the White House and members of Congress. What is left in its wake is now plain to the public: corruption. The vote is not whether to impeach President Biden, but whether members support the investigation into these growing allegations of corruption by the Biden family.

https://thehill.com/opinion/criminal-justice/4350910-with-hunters-indictment-democrats-face-a-moment-of-maddening-truth/

Dems are going to run Michelle Obammy in a hail Mary move, after Biden and his buddies have almost destroyed the country.  What a mess.   

• Like (+1) 1

There will be 21 people listed on the Democratic presidential primary ballot in New Hampshire next month, but one name will be conspicuously absent.

President Joe Biden, assuming he was the candidate by default, never filed to run in the New Hampshire primary.

But that “default” assumption isn’t looking quite so solid these days and some of the Big Guy’s supporters are getting nervous. So a few of them have hastily launched a super PAC and begun an advertising campaign asking people to write in Biden’s name and demonstrating how to do so.

Having an incumbent show up as a write-in candidate is pretty much unique in American electoral history, but we’re living in unusual times. So will this work? And will it even matter who wins? (Boston Globe)

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2023/12/15/metro/new-hampshire-joe-biden-write-in-campaign-primary/

• Like (+1) 1

He's right.

YES, I’M EXPECTING A TORRICELLI MANEUVER: 

DeSantis: Republicans Need To Be Prepared For Biden Dropping Out, Ready For Who Democrats Pull Out Of The Hat.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2023/12/14/desantis_republicans_need_to_be_prepared_for_biden_dropping_out_ready_for_who_dems_pull_out_of_the_hat.html

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, B-Man said:

He's right.

YES, I’M EXPECTING A TORRICELLI MANEUVER: 

DeSantis: Republicans Need To Be Prepared For Biden Dropping Out, Ready For Who Democrats Pull Out Of The Hat.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2023/12/14/desantis_republicans_need_to_be_prepared_for_biden_dropping_out_ready_for_who_dems_pull_out_of_the_hat.html

The party that nominates a somewhat reasonable candidate under the age of 65 will win in a landslide.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

jL5TR75.gif

Hope they kept the receipt! Otherwise you are getting store credit (Kamala)

• Like (+1) 3

• 4 weeks later...

Report: The Obamas 'Working' to Take Biden 'Out' of Race, Barack Telling Him to Quit

by Nick Arama

There have been multiple reports about Barack Obama and his aides being worried about how Joe Biden and his teams were conducting their campaign. Obama was supposedly worried about the strength of Donald Trump and that the Biden campaign wasn't hitting the ground running. Obama aides put a sharper point on that, admitting that the "bromance" with Joe Biden was always exaggerated and that the Biden campaign "didn’t have its s--- together,"

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2024/01/25/report-barack-obama-telling-biden-to-drop-out-and-what-michelle-thinks-about-race-n2169181

Well, that's Redstate propaganda, I don't believe that. . . . . . . . . LOL

14 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Report: The Obamas 'Working' to Take Biden 'Out' of Race, Barack Telling Him to Quit

by Nick Arama

There have been multiple reports about Barack Obama and his aides being worried about how Joe Biden and his teams were conducting their campaign. Obama was supposedly worried about the strength of Donald Trump and that the Biden campaign wasn't hitting the ground running. Obama aides put a sharper point on that, admitting that the "bromance" with Joe Biden was always exaggerated and that the Biden campaign "didn’t have its s--- together,"

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2024/01/25/report-barack-obama-telling-biden-to-drop-out-and-what-michelle-thinks-about-race-n2169181

Well, that's Redstate propaganda, I don't believe that. . . . . . . . . LOL

LOL.  And replace him with whom?

• Like (+1) 1

CNN’s Van Jones Says the Quiet Part Out Loud About Joe Biden

MATT MARGOLIS 

“If I were Biden, I would... I would stay hidden,” Jones said during a panel discussion after the New Hampshire primaries. “And I’ll tell you why — he doesn’t inspire confidence. And he’s not a great messenger for himself."

Of course, after throwing Biden under the bus, he had to go into the obligatory Biden Praise Mode to make up for the fact that he basically said that Biden is a liability to his own campaign.

https://pjmedia.com/matt-margolis/2024/01/25/cnns-van-jones-says-the-quiet-part-out-loud-about-joe-biden-n4925835

• 2 weeks later...

Democrats Won't Replace Biden. Here's Why.

CHARLES C.W. COOKE

It’s not an accident that Joe Biden was voted in as the Democrats’ presidential nominee in the first place, and, even now, it’s not at all obvious to me that anyone else would represent an improvement over him. That isn’t because Biden is strong — he’s not, he’s a disaster — but because the Democratic coalition doesn’t actually make a great deal of sense, and to remove Biden from its head would be to start a fight over the direction of the party that the party would be foolish to start deliberately in an election year. I don’t think they’ll do it. …

I’d invite you to look back to the last competitive set of Democratic primaries, in which, at a relatively late stage, Biden was engineered into the nomination by a team of palpably panicking party-power-brokers, who intuited correctly that he was the only candidate who could unite its various factions and have a shot in the general election. At that time, the alternatives to Biden were Bernie Sanders and Pete Buttigieg. Even now, does anyone really think that the Democrats made the wrong choice?

I don’t. And, because I don’t, I am highly skeptical that the party will want to take the same risk four years later.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/the-democrats-probably-dont-want-a-divisive-nomination-fight-right-now/

Just now, B-Man said:

Democrats Won't Replace Biden. Here's Why.

CHARLES C.W. COOKE

It’s not an accident that Joe Biden was voted in as the Democrats’ presidential nominee in the first place, and, even now, it’s not at all obvious to me that anyone else would represent an improvement over him. That isn’t because Biden is strong — he’s not, he’s a disaster — but because the Democratic coalition doesn’t actually make a great deal of sense, and to remove Biden from its head would be to start a fight over the direction of the party that the party would be foolish to start deliberately in an election year. I don’t think they’ll do it. …

I’d invite you to look back to the last competitive set of Democratic primaries, in which, at a relatively late stage, Biden was engineered into the nomination by a team of palpably panicking party-power-brokers, who intuited correctly that he was the only candidate who could unite its various factions and have a shot in the general election. At that time, the alternatives to Biden were Bernie Sanders and Pete Buttigieg. Even now, does anyone really think that the Democrats made the wrong choice?

I don’t. And, because I don’t, I am highly skeptical that the party will want to take the same risk four years later.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/the-democrats-probably-dont-want-a-divisive-nomination-fight-right-now/

More like can't.  There's no one else.

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, Doc said:

More like can't.  There's no one else.

My guess is they would try to get Obama's 4th term running the country through Michelle as the "President" or get Governor Clown from CA to do it. God help us if one of those scenarios happened.

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

My guess is they would try to get Obama's 4th term running the country through Michelle as the "President" or get Governor Clown from CA to do it. God help us if one of those scenarios happened.

No chance.

• Like (+1) 1

BREAKING: Biden's Unannounced Nighttime Speech an Absolute DISASTER

MATT MARGOLIS 

abd71d0e-8b36-4e5a-904f-1441c3441e42-105

President Joe Biden took to the microphone for an unannounced address on Thursday night, following the release of the politically devastating Special Counsel report that said he "willfully retained and disclosed classified materials after his vice presidency when he was a private citizen." While the report stated that such actions "present serious risks to national security,” Biden will not face charges because he presents himself as an “elderly man with a poor memory” and it would be difficult to convince a jury he is guilty of a serious felony because to commit such a crime “requires a mental state of willfulness.” The report elaborated by pointing out he couldn’t even remember when he was vice president and didn’t even remember when his son Beau died. 

The address was scheduled for 7:45 p.m. but did not actually get underway until around 8 — well past his usual 7 p.m. bedtime.  

I can't explain how or why Biden's handlers felt it was a good idea to trot him out at night to talk about the special counsel report, but it did not go well. He was belligerent and defensive, and it was a terrible look. When he addressed the report claiming that he couldn't remember when his son died, it really got bad.

"How in the hell dare he raise that," Biden said angrily, concluding that it is "none of their damn business."

"For any extraneous commentary, they don't know what they're talking about," Biden insisted, even though the report presented direct quotes. "It has no place in this report."

https://pjmedia.com/matt-margolis/2024/02/08/bidens-unannounced-nighttime-speech-an-absolute-disaster-n4926280

I think that they trotted him out there on purpose.

• Agree 2

17 hours ago, B-Man said:

BREAKING: Biden's Unannounced Nighttime Speech an Absolute DISASTER

MATT MARGOLIS 

abd71d0e-8b36-4e5a-904f-1441c3441e42-105

President Joe Biden took to the microphone for an unannounced address on Thursday night, following the release of the politically devastating Special Counsel report that said he "willfully retained and disclosed classified materials after his vice presidency when he was a private citizen." While the report stated that such actions "present serious risks to national security,” Biden will not face charges because he presents himself as an “elderly man with a poor memory” and it would be difficult to convince a jury he is guilty of a serious felony because to commit such a crime “requires a mental state of willfulness.” The report elaborated by pointing out he couldn’t even remember when he was vice president and didn’t even remember when his son Beau died. 

The address was scheduled for 7:45 p.m. but did not actually get underway until around 8 — well past his usual 7 p.m. bedtime.  

I can't explain how or why Biden's handlers felt it was a good idea to trot him out at night to talk about the special counsel report, but it did not go well. He was belligerent and defensive, and it was a terrible look. When he addressed the report claiming that he couldn't remember when his son died, it really got bad.

"How in the hell dare he raise that," Biden said angrily, concluding that it is "none of their damn business."

"For any extraneous commentary, they don't know what they're talking about," Biden insisted, even though the report presented direct quotes. "It has no place in this report."

https://pjmedia.com/matt-margolis/2024/02/08/bidens-unannounced-nighttime-speech-an-absolute-disaster-n4926280

I think that they trotted him out there on purpose.

They handed him the rope and...

• Agree 1

The D's are in trouble now that Biden is mentally declining faster than expected.  If they were smart, they would have been promoting a clear number 2 should Biden falter further or pass.  Normally that would be the VP but Harris's favorability rating is on par with Biden's and I'm not sure she's more cognizant than him. 

They'll like turn to someone like Newsome which would make sense for the D's since everyone hates CA.  A smart move would be to push someone else who could compensate for their weaknesses in the 2024 election.  A good choice could be someone like Shapiro who has a high favorability rating and could likely flip other rust belt states in addition to PA. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Precision said:

The D's are in trouble now that Biden is mentally declining faster than expected.  If they were smart, they would have been promoting a clear number 2 should Biden falter further or pass.  Normally that would be the VP but Harris's favorability rating is on par with Biden's and I'm not sure she's more cognizant than him. 

They'll like turn to someone like Newsome which would make sense for the D's since everyone hates CA.  A smart move would be to push someone else who could compensate for their weaknesses in the 2024 election.  A good choice could be someone like Shapiro who has a high favorability rating and could likely flip other rust belt states in addition to PA. 

They're in trouble now that an Independent Counsel declared Joke to be what many of us knew and Dems refused to admit: a criminal and senile.  They were just hoping that they could hide it until the election and fool everybody into re-electing those 2 morons and destroying the country further.  

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

They're in trouble now that an Independent Counsel declared Joke to be what many of us knew and Dems refused to admit: a criminal and senile.  They were just hoping that they could hide it until the election and fool everybody into re-electing those 2 morons and destroying the country further.  

I understand the thought process of getting him to finish his term but running him again is borderline criminal.  We can only hope that someday those responsible (and Biden's mental capacity) is exposed through a FOIA request.

Just now, Precision said:

I understand the thought process of getting him to finish his term but running him again is borderline criminal.  We can only hope that someday those responsible (and Biden's mental capacity) is exposed through a FOIA request.

And the cult running a criminal isn’t just… criminal? 

Do you idiots ever think? 

Go back to your safe place galactic.

7 minutes ago, Precision said:

They don't care, as long as they get a Dem into the WH.  

• Like (+1) 2