Who Do The Democrats Run in 2024?

Irv

The cabal running the executive branch would love nothing more than to run the empty vessel that is Biden to get four more years to implement more commie wokeness.

There's one problem. They see the polls. They know he can't win this time with his dementia, pathetic record and most importantly without all the covid election rigging schemes.

• Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

The cabal running the executive branch would love nothing more than to run the empty vessel that is Biden to get four more years to implement more commie wokeness.

There's one problem. They see the polls. They know he can't win this time with his dementia, pathetic record and most importantly without all the covid election rigging schemes.

Not to mention the utter disaster that is Kammy.

• Thank you (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...

It sure looks like Michelle Obama is being pressured to run for president, forcing Biden out of the 2024 race

American Thinker, by Thomas Lifson

It’s obvious to anyone in the Democrat camp not totally delusional that Joe Biden’s declining mental faculties make him almost impossible to re-elect in 2024. Douglas Schoen and Andrew Stein are two Democrats that have a good grasp of reality, and so they are putting out a signal in the Wall Street Journal – which is read by virtually every media editor in the country – that it is time to push Michelle Obama into running.

(snip)

Unless Michelle claims absolute lack of interest, then she is OK with it. Biden would withdraw before South Carolina if she challenged him, since he would be humbled there.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/05/it_sure_looks_like_michelle_obama_is_being_pressured_to_run_for_president_forcing_biden_out_of_the_2024_race.html

• Haha (+1) 1

I am an independent
I am an avid Trump hater

But I’m not a big fan of Joe either and it’s mostly because I think he’s gonna fall asleep at the podium. Every time he comes out to give a speech he’s just really old.

I would actually vote for a conservative, as long as I didn’t think that he was going to take his moral values and push them off on me, but was good at governing

We haven’t really had that in the past two presidents

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, B-Man said:

It sure looks like Michelle Obama is being pressured to run for president, forcing Biden out of the 2024 race

It’s obvious to anyone in the Democrat camp not totally delusional that Joe Biden’s declining mental faculties make him almost impossible to re-elect in 2024. Douglas Schoen and Andrew Stein are two Democrats that have a good grasp of reality, and so they are putting out a signal in the Wall Street Journal – which is read by virtually every media editor in the country – that it is time to push Michelle Obama into running.

(snip)

Unless Michelle claims absolute lack of interest, then she is OK with it. Biden would withdraw before South Carolina if she challenged him, since he would be humbled there.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/05/it_sure_looks_like_michelle_obama_is_being_pressured_to_run_for_president_forcing_biden_out_of_the_2024_race.html

Yeah, that's a better option...

• Like (+1) 1

The most glaring example of media bias I’ve ever seen is the country being gaslit into talking about how gorgeous Michelle Obama and Jill Biden are as First Ladies, while acting like Melania didn’t exist. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

CBS News suddenly turns against Biden – a sign that he is being pressured to drop his re-election plans?

I was shocked when CBS News aired an interview with the IRS whistleblower who revealed what looks like preferential treatment of Hunter Biden in his tax investigation. This more or less broke what has been a legacy media blockade of coverage of the Biden family’s scandalous receipt of millions of dollars from foreign sources and associated tax scandals.

(snip)

I strongly suspect that a message is being sent to Biden with this breach in the former media cofferdam protecting him from a flood of negative press about his and his family’s financial ties to foreign powers

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/05/cbs_news_suddenly_turns_against_biden__a_sign_that_he_is_being_pressured_to_drop_his_reelection_plans.html

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 5/16/2023 at 8:18 AM, John from Riverside said:

I would actually vote for a conservative, as long as I didn’t think that he was going to take his moral values and push them off on me

I still can't understand why:

1. If I want to limit federal government spending, I must also support legislation requiring a woman to carry a pregnancy to term.

2. If I want strong immigration enforcement, I must also accept that Putin should be allowed to prevail in his little "border dispute" with Ukraine.

3. If I want a lower overall tax burden on workers and corporations, I must also accept a weakened IRS that allows people and corporations more leeway to cheat.

I could do a list of about 100. And yes, I could do the same with the Democrats and their equally inconsistent basket of policies. American politics is broken.

I'm an optimist by nature, and I don't think these crazy coalitions that give us these politics will last forever. But they will last at least for at least one more presidential election cycle ...

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

1. If I want to limit federal government spending, I must also support legislation requiring a woman to carry a pregnancy to term.

2. If I want strong immigration enforcement, I must also accept that Putin should be allowed to prevail in his little "border dispute" with Ukraine.

3. If I want a lower overall tax burden on workers and corporations, I must also accept a weakened IRS that allows people and corporations more leeway to cheat.

I could do a list of about 100. And yes, I could do the same with the Democrats and their equally inconsistent basket of policies. American politics is broken.

I'm an optimist by nature, and I don't think these crazy coalitions that give us these politics will last forever. But they will last at least for at least one more presidential election cycle ...

I assume you’re an independent like me independence think this way they don’t have to be silod into one side or the other if they see some things that make sense or don’t make sense on both sides

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

As long as the money funding this, gets the results they want. it's only going to get worse. 

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I assume you’re an independent like me independence think this way they don’t have to be silod into one side or the other if they see some things that make sense or don’t make sense on both sides

Absolutely.

Policy-wise (and competent governance-wise), in recent history I'd probably best be described as residing somewhere in between a (Bill) Clinton Democrat and a Mitt Romney Republican.

Competence-wise, I think we had a very fortunate two-decade run of successful administrations from 1981 (Reagan) through 2000 (Clinton), followed by two decades of The Great Ineptitude from Bush 43 through Biden (so far).