Greg Rousseau/AJ Epenesa are going to be elite DEs. What a steal!

JerseyBills

9 hours ago, Chuck Schick said:

While we fans live and die with each week’s game, coaches have long term strategies.  That includes putting young players in position to succeed, and regulating playing time.  I would lean toward that being the case here. 

Some “fans”  have such a narrow view of how “it” all works that they post things that are for the most part just plain silly, and happily ignorable, this is one of those cases.

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

Imaginary is you talking about the future like you know what will happen.  As Aj improves, his snap count will grow.  That is what my crystal ball is telling me.  I don’t see any of our DEs playing 80% of the snaps.  Maybe ever.  McD likes the rotation to keep bodies fresh and healthy 

He cannot see the forest thru the trees, nor does he appear to want to, as the saying goes, a lack of a flexible thought process is what we are seeing, and inevitably this will keep his snap count low…, 😁👍

Go Bills!!!

6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

A couple times yesterday they dropped Rousseau into the flat and he was there to clean up on the sack when Brissett thought he had room to run out of the pocket. You see all this open space in front of the QB and then suddenly Rousseau explodes into the picture and pulls him to the ground. It takes incredible athleticism and instincts to play that style, and Rousseau has both. I think that will work really well against Mahomes too. Drop Rousseau into the window where Kelce would typically sit, and if Mahomes tries to run out of the pocket chase him down. We may have hit on a really special talent at DE and I don't think it's fully sunk in for Bills fans how important that is.

I agree. Rousseau closes on QBs faster than they anticipate with his length. The play you pointed out is exactly how I think they envision using him and he's known for "clean up" sacks anyway so it fits him. The nickname is perfect too. Groooooot

• Like (+1) 2

I love how Groots sacks are magically not good because they’re viewed as Johnny on the spot sacks. 

Dude has to be there, he obviously has a good feel for the game, I’ve never been bummed when a guy gets a “clean up” sack. If he wasn’t there, the play would continue. I’ve seen many plays that turned into huge gains because there was no one there to actually end the play. How many times did Hughes get to the qb first only to have the qb escape the sack and make a good play? 

It’s a bit like a safety that has a nose for where the ball is going. Groot kinda has a feel for where the qb will end up, that’s not a bad thing, that’s a huge plus. Especially in today’s nfl where more and more qbs have scrambling ability. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Epenesa is a man.

He really is! I thought he would have a break out year but wasn’t expecting this. AJ is on fire 🔥. What a motor, speed and power. Can’t wait to see what’s to come. 
Rousseau ability to quickly close distance is incredible…. What a great Duo of young ends we have!

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 9/19/2021 at 4:42 PM, NewEra said:

I thought Aj was the best player on the field today.  0 tackles. 0 sacks.  0 problem.  I decided that I’ll be getting a red Epenesa jersey this year. He’s looks to be our best pass rusher.  Sorry Jerry.  

Rousseau was certainly impressive. Almost had 3 sacks.  Looks like a future pro bowler.  Versatile and more athletic than I thought he’d be. 

that said……the Dolphins are starting 5 Feliciano clones along the OL

Sorry bu there’s nobody on that Dolphins OL who’s even close to Feliciano’s level  , he would be by FAR their best OL- man 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Putin said:

Sorry bu there’s nobody on that Dolphins OL who’s even close to Feliciano’s level  , he would be by FAR their best OL- man 

That may be true……but watching them play reminded me of 5 Felicianos. 

Feliciano, until he plays well against a good DT, is crap to me.  Prove yourself.  He was the smallest man on the Bills biggest stage in 27ish years.  I’ll hold that against him until he shows otherwise 

edit: sorry guys……rolling your eyes doesn’t make Feliciano any better. He was the worst player on the field 2 out of our last 3 games.  Get better

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2