TBN “Inside the Bills”: Assistant QB coach Shae Tierney proving to be indispensable

YoloinOhio

Sounds like Josh would be willing to pay him out of his pocket 

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/inside-the-bills-why-josh-allen-thinks-shea-tierney-is-the-franchises-most-underpaid-employee/article_9cc56888-012c-11ec-b64c-bf2821537654.html#tracking-source=home-trending

he’s either our next QB coach when Dorsey moves up, or he’s Daboll’s when he leaves 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I read it this morning.  My guess is Daboll finally as well as Biennemy get their shots as there are always about 7 open, and he takes Mitch maybe if no QB with him and possible the QB Coach as OC.  If so our guy moves up to QB coach, not leapfrogging to OC or McD keeps our WB coach to OC and yadadyada.  

Everyone moves up either way.

Excellent article, thanks for sharing.

I'll admit, I didn't know much about Shea Tierny or what he does for the Bills. I knew his name, but that was about it. It sounds like he's a great asset to the team. The Bills' front office and coaching staff, top to bottom, seems to be overstuffed with talented, high quality people.  

Another thing that stood out to me is seeing yet another person gushing about what a great man Brian Daboll is. I'm still surprised he didn't get a head coaching job this offseason, but I feel pretty sure that he's going to get one sooner than later. He seems to have a bright future as a head coach, given how strongly he is able to connect with players and staff.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

getting ahead of myself..but if another good season "passes"... and the usual 3-4-5-6 HC openings..and Daboll deservedly gets one...Dorsey likely to get OC consideration either externally or internally..he would become the qb coach and heir apparent OC if-when Dorsey would move on ???

Edited by First Round Bust
typo

Everyone making the assumption Dabs is leaving.  We all don't know what we don't know. 

I mean how many teams have this kind of chemistry?  This kind of brotherly love throughout the entire team?  Methinks that has to say something about the coaches  staying......look at what his ass the OC from the Cheats.....he HAD a HC job and walked away just to stay with BB.

We can all assume and play armchair QB/HC/GM/Owner but at the end of the day?  We don't know sheeet.

GO BILLS!!

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Everyone making the assumption Dabs is leaving.  We all don't know what we don't know. 

I mean how many teams have this kind of chemistry?  This kind of brotherly love throughout the entire team?  Methinks that has to say something about the coaches  staying......look at what his ass the OC from the Cheats.....he HAD a HC job and walked away just to stay with BB.

We can all assume and play armchair QB/HC/GM/Owner but at the end of the day?  We don't know sheeet.

GO BILLS!!

We know Daboll wants a Head Coaching job and interviewed for two last offseason. We also know he doesn't just want any Head Coaching job as he declined the opportunity to interview with the Eagles. 

I actually nearly posted earlier in the week when he did his presser that he looks and sounds far more like a Head Coach now than he did 3 years ago when he arrived. There are some clear McDermott influences in how he approaches questions now. 

Last year he was always going to get Head Coach looks. This year if the Bills have more offensive success he will be the #1 candidate on most lists. Let's imagine for a moment that the Steelers have a below par season and clean house... Brian Daboll isn't turning down the chance to be the Head Coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers to stay as OC in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Kwai, the difference with McDaniels is he has to be in line for BB’s job when he retires or just moves over to personnel as he is 69 so he only has a couple more years you’d expect.  Daboll is behind McD as you know who most likely isn’t going anywhere for a decade at least we hope.

I was a little surprised Daboll didn’t get an offer unless we don’t know it on the Chargers as he and Telesco have known each other for 30 years.  That was a little telling.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Kwai, the difference with McDaniels is he has to be in line for BB’s job when he retires or just moves over to personnel as he is 69 so he only has a couple more years you’d expect.  Daboll is behind McD as you know who most likely isn’t going anywhere for a decade at least we hope.

I was a little surprised Daboll didn’t get an offer unless we don’t know it on the Chargers as he and Telesco have known each other for 30 years.  That was a little telling.

Yea I had him as the favourite for the Chargers and Staley as a HC in waiting but a guy who might need to wait a year. I think they were Daboll's first ever HC interviews. I imagine he learned a lot about the process and will be more prepared next year. Potentially some prestigious franchises that could have openings too. The Bears, the Giants, possibly the Steelers, possibly the Cowboys.... might be a good year to be in the market. 

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting teams.  He may be better at the interview process.  I’m skeptical on the Steelers as they are so reluctant to Change coaches.  Tomlin has yet to give them a losing season.  I believe his worst year was 8-8.  The Rooney’s will take into account Ben sunsetting probably after this year and a chance of getting Rodgers or Watson is plausible.

I know Daboll probably would take any job, but guessing Dallas wouldn’t be his first choice even with Dak.  He might NYG though.

1 minute ago, Ralonzo said:

image.png.70820c2f6e016e9289b1ddc3439c31e4.png

So you die, Keptin. And we all move up in rank.

In the mirror darkly.

I prefer this version.

Primarily because T’Pol has the best abs ever.

Is it time for the Ponn Farr yet?

Ralonzo, if we both know these references, we’re not just Bills nerds, we’re Star Trek too.

Good catch on my reference.  It’s exactly what I was referring to with the original quote.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

Good catch on my reference.  It’s exactly what I was referring to with the original quote.

I only said that because no one will kveshtin the assassination of a keptin who disobeyed orders of the Empire ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

We know Daboll wants a Head Coaching job and interviewed for two last offseason. We also know he doesn't just want any Head Coaching job as he declined the opportunity to interview with the Eagles. 

I actually nearly posted earlier in the week when he did his presser that he looks and sounds far more like a Head Coach now than he did 3 years ago when he arrived. There are some clear McDermott influences in how he approaches questions now. 

Last year he was always going to get Head Coach looks. This year if the Bills have more offensive success he will be the #1 candidate on most lists. Let's imagine for a moment that the Steelers have a below par season and clean house... Brian Daboll isn't turning down the chance to be the Head Coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers to stay as OC in Buffalo.

Maybe - maybe not.....who is going to be his QB???  Rapelisburger?????  There are A LOT of variables in this decision making.  Shitsburg or not.  Basically all I am saying is we don't know what we don't know.

• Disagree 1

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

So many NFL Head Coaches are set up for failure: no QB, bad GM, weak roster, cheap/meddling owner, etc.  Dabs will get offers, that's for sure.  But will he get the right offer?   Maybe.   Maybe not.

I wouldn't be stunned if he's still with the Bills in 2022.  I wouldn't be stunned if he's not.  

For our sake, I hope we retain all the coaches McD wants to retain - including Daboll.  

• Agree 1