The Lessons From Josh Allen’s Breakout Season, According to Josh Allen

8 hours ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2021/8/3/22606654/josh-allen-breakout-season-lessons-nfl-2021

I just came across this. A good read. I thought I had read something similar a while back from the ringer but seems fairly new content. 

It depends too much on PFF.  Almost an apology saying they did not mess their pants.

1cdfe9d7-a755-4779-a024-665c5802abb6.44e

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

It was exciting.  It was successful.  But let's be real ... if that goes down 100 times, it's an interception on at least 90 of them.

Yeah, I respectfully disagree. Maybe for other QBs, but Allen makes these kinds of plays every game. It’s his trademark. There’s a reason that he’s known as the most athletically gifted passer on the planet. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

It was exciting.  It was successful.  But let's be real ... if that goes down 100 times, it's an interception on at least 90 of them.

I tend to think not. This is what makes JA so special. He has the arm to pull off this completion repeatedly.  he was deadly running to his right and throwing. He did this many, many times.

• Agree 1

The one thing about commentary about Josh's career (so far) that really bugs me is the references to his 'abysmal' 2018 year one performance is that there really wasnt supposed BE a 2018 year one performance...but frankly I'm glad there was one because he realized he wasnt good enough (yet) and went out in the off-season to get the help he needed.  Dont know if his 2019/2020 improvement would have come about if he stayed on the sideline in 2018 like we thought he was going to

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

So your saying he shouldn’t throw that pass? ( I would think not) as said above, tight window pass…. An  Elite athletic QB (Josh Allen) can do that frequently enough to make it part off what he does, and that’s his point, Tua sure as hell can’t do that ever…, 

Go Bills!!!

This article is a great read.  I don't typically quote articles, but I found this comment sums up the excitement of watching Allen play the last few years and got a good chuckle out of it.

A Josh Allen play can start well and end badly, or start badly and end well. Now look, there are thousands of normal Josh Allen plays, dropbacks that quietly find their target. Then there are Josh Allen plays where anything that’s ever happened in football is on the table to occur in a single 10-second play.

Edited by Rew
Typo
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

The one thing about commentary about Josh's career (so far) that really bugs me is the references to his 'abysmal' 2018 year one performance is that there really wasnt supposed BE a 2018 year one performance...but frankly I'm glad there was one because he realized he wasnt good enough (yet) and went out in the off-season to get the help he needed.  Dont know if his 2019/2020 improvement would have come about if he stayed on the sideline in 2018 like we thought he was going to

And also, his 2018 performance wasn't "abysmal". Beane was right in that it's clear who watched all his plays and who only watched the stat sheet. 

13 hours ago, Gugny said:

Just a cringe worthy take.

I finally was able to read the article.  It was a good read so thank you.  As far as Josh’s development, it was quite dramatic, and interesting by PFF standards is the greatest in NFL QB history.  I don’t know whether to be impressed or cynical it is a way for PFF to justify crapping all over Josh for his first two years.

in my opinion, Josh walked into a firestorm his rookie year with a terrible O Line and the worst WR’s probably in NFL history.  What he accomplished with his athleticism was impressive.

I just remember when Mahomes came out, he had talent around him.  So did Bug Ben 18 years ago.

I think Josh will improve again maybe not as dramatic, but in many ways he’s already arrived.

Edited by machine gun kelly