It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I stated a few days ago that we should study the level of antibodies people have in regards illness and hospitalizations instead of just pushing the vaccine. Sundancer clearly believes that you do an analysis after you have decided the outcome since  he has spent the past few days asking what level is safe for antibodies. Since I do not have the results of a study not done yet he claims I am anti science. But to your point that "there is no test" Hong Kong has had one since June- https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/202106/26/P2021062600414.htm

And you can identify the level of antibodies I have an article from 2020 explaining that they can- https://www.cedars-sinai.org/newsroom/covid-19-what-you-need-to-know-about-antibody-testing/

You are now admitting that you proposed a metric for which there is no standard. You’re making progress. 

2 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

You are now admitting that you proposed a metric for which there is no standard. You’re making progress. 

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/08/28/1031287076/antibody-tests-should-not-be-your-go-to-for-checking-covid-immunity#:~:text=More Podcasts %26 Shows-,COVID Antibody Tests Can't Measure Your Immunity — Not Yet,t tell the full story.

I know NPR is right winger but they show back in August that the levels of antibodies is easily checked, as did the link from last year i sent in the last post. Once again you lie.

Just now, Sundancer said:

Lots of places attempt to track that but it’s not easy. If I get a positive PCR  test from CVS, they don’t know my vaccination status but I still count as a positive case. 

agreed...but if we can require proof of vax to do so much, especially in NYS...why not if you get a test at a lab?

I also think cases are prolly much higher among the vaxed than reported as at home tests become more and more prevalent. While i went to to a lab to get arapid antigen test and tested positive in September(fully Moderna Vaxed) , the other 4 fully vaxed folks who were with me that weekend who  contracted Covid all used home tests.

That is  why am so insistent that i am trying to interpret real world data and understand the efficacy of these vaccines much more than a study on 10K people. 

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/08/28/1031287076/antibody-tests-should-not-be-your-go-to-for-checking-covid-immunity#:~:text=More Podcasts %26 Shows-,COVID Antibody Tests Can't Measure Your Immunity — Not Yet,t tell the full story.

I know NPR is right winger but they show back in August that the levels of antibodies is easily checked, as did the link from last year i sent in the last post. Once again you lie.

Link me to where I said antibody levels couldn’t be measured. I take back thinking you were making progress. 

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

agreed...but if we can require proof of vax to do so much, especially in NYS...why not if you get a test at a lab?

I also think cases are prolly much higher among the vaxed than reported as at home tests become more and more prevalent. While i went to to a lab to get arapid antigen test and tested positive in September(fully Moderna Vaxed) , the other 4 fully vaxed folks who were with me that weekend who  contracted Covid all used home tests.

That is  why am so insistent that i am trying to interpret real world data and understand the efficacy of these vaccines much more than a study on 10K people. 

Lots of places are tracking the metric you’re after. It’s not hidden. You are a conspiracy guy but there’s no conspiracy. Just google it. 

Speaking of Google, have you posted the year vs year stats for cases and hospitalizations for the US yet? I must have missed it if you did. Or did that not fit your narrative?

Edited by Sundancer

27 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Sundancer you lie about me because you are always wrong. C3 you act as if you are clever with allowing health insurance to charge different rates, they do that now for a lot of different reasons, so why would it be special this time? 

Surcharges, Dr. Timmy, surcharges. 

41 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Surcharges, Dr. Timmy, surcharges. 

Why does labeling it a surcharge matter? If it cost more to the consumer what difference does it make? 

59 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Link me to where I said antibody levels couldn’t be measured. I take back thinking you were making progress. 

You are now admitting that you proposed a metric for which there is no standard.

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

Lots of places are tracking the metric you’re after. It’s not hidden. You are a conspiracy guy but there’s no conspiracy. Just google it. 

Speaking of Google, have you posted the year vs year stats for cases and hospitalizations for the US yet? I must have missed it if you did. Or did that not fit your narrative?

Please show me the study on antibodies vs illness or hospitalized? And I am now a conspiracy guy for asking for a study? Lastly what does my request for a study have to with Google?

Just now, Buffalo Timmy said:

Ok- then what is the point of your original question? Basically it is insurance companies doing business exactly as they have for at least 50 years.

Gotta incentivize vaccines.  And make everyone who doesn’t get the vax and costs me money pay their fair share.  America, baby.  Liberty.  Freedom. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

So in other words, nothing changes but you get to believe you are clever.

I don’t believe that I’m clever.  I am clever.  Not in the horse way, either.  But the beautiful thing is that insurers are going to make those who unjustifiably refuse the vax pay through the nose.  Don’t like it?  Ask for more government regulation.  But I won’t.  Because unlike you, I believe in freedom. 

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I don’t believe that I’m clever.  I am clever.  Not in the horse way, either.  But the beautiful thing is that insurers are going to make those who unjustifiably refuse the vax pay through the nose.  Don’t like it?  Ask for more government regulation.  But I won’t.  Because unlike you, I believe in freedom. 

When did I say I wanted anything but to allow insurance companies to operate as they have? Your a weird little man who believes he is clever.

52 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Please show me the study on antibodies vs illness or hospitalized? And I am now a conspiracy guy for asking for a study? Lastly what does my request for a study have to with Google?

Keep up with the conversation. He's asking about tracking cases in vaccinated vs unvaccinated. I swear talking to you is like talking to a 3rd grader. 

54 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

[my quote that you think shows I said antibodies can't be measured] "You are now admitting that you proposed a metric for which there is no standard."

You're so dense. The above proves the point. There is no STANDARD you ninny. That doesn't mean it can't be measured. 

I apologize to the 3rd graders. Maybe you're like a pre-reader. 

57 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Commercial insurers provide coverage and policies based on the specific needs of their individual customers, private businesses and other organizations.  Policy options, different premium, deductible, out of pocket maximums, co-pays levels which give members choices they can choose from based on their individual needs.  The policy choices are determined by the employer.  The insurance company while following legal and regulatory standards and guidelines will not typically impose inclusions/exclusions.    

If a customer wanted COVID coverage inclusions/exclusions of one kind or another and add or subtract some additional premium cost to it that would be their choice.  On their own, insurers are not likely to engage in a policy of blanket exclusion of un-vaccinated members.  For example, an uncommon thing my group coverage has is it will charge a surcharge if your "spouse/partner" is covered by their own policy and you select to cover them under yours.  Not all plans do that.  If you're talking about Medicare or Medicaid that's another story.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

4 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

When did I say I wanted anything but to allow insurance companies to operate as they have? Your a weird little man who believes he is clever.

Also, I’m not little.  A little weird, but in a good way.   We’re all a little weird here.  But it’s cool. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Mr Section…if you’d like to start a health insurance company based on this particular business model may I suggest you go for it? 
Done!

He can start by working through the quagmire of state and federal regulations that limit, prohibit and exclude the solution he is proposing.  

Or, he can advocate the appropriate regulatory agencies direct health insurance companies decline treatment and/or apply surcharges.  Let’s call it a federal or state “mandate”.  

White House Suspends Vaccine Mandate for Fed Employees

by Stephen Green

Details are thin, but Presidentish Joe Biden reportedly will suspend his vaccine mandate for federal workers. According to a memo issued by the Biden administration, the “White House’s Office of Management and Budget is telling federal agencies they should hold off on suspending or firing federal workers for not complying with the vaccine mandate until after the holidays.” This is a huge cave for an administration whose remaining anti-COVID effort is focused almost exclusively on the vaccine mandate. 

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2021/11/29/mandate-cave-biden-to-suspend-vaccine-mandate-for-fed-employees-n1537372