Donald Trump: Tech Lawsuit ‘Will Prove Censorship Is Unlawful, Unconstitutional’

Meanwhile, the muzzled Donald John Trump is given precious Wall St Journal op-ed page space to have his say:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-j-trump-why-im-suing-big-tech-11625761897?mod=hp_opin_pos_1

And I'm fine with this. Let's start with this whine from his piece:

"Perhaps most egregious, in the weeks after the election, Big Tech blocked the social-media accounts of the sitting president."

He says "in the weeks after the election ... ." Twitter banned him on January 8, more than two months after the election, and only after he incited a mob to storm the Capitol, and only after ON THAT VERY DAY he used the Twitter platform not to calm the mob, but to egg them on.

To the merits of the case: this is a profoundly stupid legal argument that will get zero traction in the courts. It is all symbolic rage.

Here's a great law school exam question:

Remember the short, inconsequential life of From the Desk of Donald J. Trump? The blog that was to serve as a forum for post-Twitter Trump? Was that a public forum? Should Trump (he is, after all, a former president, still supported by the taxpayers, unlike Twitter) have been required to host a guest post by me entitled "Donald Trump Should Be Indicted for Incitement to Riot?" If not, why not? If Twitter is a public forum/quasi-government actor subject to viewpoint-neutral First Amendment rules, why should the former president's website be considered something different?

Edited by The Frankish Reich

14 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I said this in January 2017

He needed to quit Social Media right then and there and say why.  

But now, they need to bake the cake or we need to find a way to treat them as hostile foreign nations because they are.  

This isn't NBC Nightly News giving you lib spin on events anymore in 22 minutes of air time.  

These companies are the biggest threat to democracy, free thought, free expression, and free speech on the planet.

Never forget they know this:

How Google Could Rig the 2016 Election

Google has the ability to drive millions of votes to a candidate with no one the wiser.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/08/how-google-could-rig-the-2016-election-121548/

That was 2016 now after 2020 they want you to think that claim was actually bogus.  

I don't agree with this.  What other option did he have other than social media?  If he said anything to the press or mainstream media, it would be printed or broadcast with their negaive slant.  So he bypassed them.      

11 minutes ago, Irv said:

I don't agree with this.  What other option did he have other than social media?  If he said anything to the press or mainstream media, it would be printed or broadcast with their negaive slant.  So he bypassed them.      

I know

5 hours ago, Irv said:

You presume that half the country cares what the other half has to say.

The People's Republic of Silicon Valley went full tilt all in for the Ds during the 2018 mid-terms and the Kavanaugh hearings.  

What they have done since to the Trump half of the country since (cut them off) is exactly what we should have done because these people are gone.  Look at the things they're defending now.  It's embarrassing.  But January 6!!!

The logical conclusion of 2016 is something our fake friends on the other side of the aisle haven't understood, grasped, or are just flat out ignoring. 

DeSantis winning in 2024 won't change this fact.  The media and social media will be just as relentless and even moreso then they were with Trump.    

It's over.  Half the country is dead to the other half.  And when the one half saw post 2016 that Big Tech is firmly in their corner, they have gone full Soviet Union.  They've been lying about everything the second those staged viral videos from Wuhan came out in December 2019.

To anyone that thinks this doesn't end horribly I don't know what to tell you.  Just wait till the Military realizes what's happening within it is the same thing that's happening within society and has completely destabilized America.  

Edited by Big Blitz

13 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The People's Republic of Silicon Valley went full tilt all in for the Ds during the 2018 mid-terms and the Kavanaugh hearings.  

What they have done since to the Trump half of the country since (cut them off) is exactly what we should have done because these people are gone.  Look at the things they're defending now.  It's embarrassing.  But January 6!!!

The logical conclusion of 2016 is something our fake friends on the other side of the aisle haven't understood, grasped, or are just flat out ignoring. 

DeSantis winning in 2024 won't change this fact.  The media and social media will be just as relentless and even moreso then they were with Trump.    

It's over.  Half the country is dead to the other half.  And when the one half saw post 2016 that Big Tech is firmly in their corner, they have gone full Soviet Union.  They've been lying about everything the second those staged viral videos from Wuhan came out in December 2019.

To anyone that thinks this doesn't end horribly I don't know what to tell you.  Just wait till the Military realizes what's happening within it is the same thing that's happening within society and has completely destabilized America.  

Did you respond to Trumps fundraising appeal to help the “billionaire” support his legal defense fund?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

So we violently agree! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Is there any update on a week old lawsuit story ?

No.

Here is a NYT article 

3 days ago — Trump Suits Against Tech Giants Face Steep First Amendment 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/12/us/politics/trump-tech-lawsuits.html

Darn.

This is like when he sued the NFL. Trump really just wants to make a deal with the big players in social media. It'd be funny if they settled for $1.

On 7/8/2021 at 10:36 AM, The Frankish Reich said:

So ... we can declare war on them? Bomb Menlo Park? What on earth are you talking about? These are U.S. companies, not "hostile foreign nations." 

Google and Facebook are built on filled in SF Bay marshland.  Lets make them marshland again!

It's all about a agenda how certain very rich people want the world to be seen and how they want the future to be better as far as their personal opinions of that .

I just today went to google and did a search of "How many players were vaccinated in the 2020 season" every thing other than that came up .

It's just like most politicians when you ask a certain question they change the subject in hopes to deflect the question long enough for you to forget what you were asking in the first place .

Suppressing certain opinions helps their end cause .

Social media companies that do not editorialize or censor or regulate the content on their platforms are protected from legal liability governing content.  But Google, Facebook, and Twitter operate consciously and methodically in a manner inconsistent with the business model those laws are intended to protect.  They do censor and apply editorial license.  Which is inconsistent with the types of companies the law is intended to protect.  So the law doesn't apply to Google, Facebook, or Twitter as a key component of their current business model is censorship which is applied in a discriminatory way.  More or less censor what they don't like, don't censor what they do like.  Which is editorial license.  Which voids these legal protections.  I think that's a lot of the argument with the lawsuit.  And it seems logical and provable.  If so, Trumps case is sound.  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Agree 1

It's a good thing trump never joined TBD, it wouldn't be long before he received the banhammer for breaking the TOS repeatedly and then he would sue SDS.

I hope the judge hearing this decides that the lawsuit is frivolous and hits him with a large penalty for wasting the courts time and comes down hard on trumps attorney.