DeSantis For President in 2024?

9 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You may be too young to remember Mike Dukakis with his helmeted head poking out of a tank prairie dog style in 1988. Fair or unfair, sometimes an image like that sticks. Like shiny white boots ...

I was 11 but I remember that picture, but that felt like a fake photo op to me. I deliberately picked the Obama and Clinton ones because they weren't fake, but maybe for some people it is what sticks. 

Leadership: Watch as Ron DeSantis Smoothly Rejects Reporter’s Attempt at Politicizing Hurricane Idalia

1d8fdf4a-96f9-4a35-96bf-2713ae0eefd3-1052x615.thumb.jpg.0a7374ebe30c3ba17a32f0afae2a8a93.jpg

As we've seen all too often during natural disasters, national tragedies, and the like, though most sane-minded people are focused on helping the impacted people/areas to regroup, recover, and rebuild even stronger, there are always the obnoxious public figures/media types who insist on immediately making it all about politics and in some cases prematurely assigning blame.

At one point during the briefing, a reporter brought up the issue of former President Donald Trump, who like DeSantis is a 2024 presidential candidate, and how Trump had - as of the time of that presser - not said anything at all to the residents of the state that he also calls home about the hurricane. 

Instead of taking the bait, Gov. DeSantis immediately shut the reporter down, noting what his number one priorities were at that moment - which absolutely did not include exchanging verbal jabs with his political rival as a life-threatening hurricane was making landfall in their state:

“It's not my concern.  My concern is protecting the people of Florida, being ready to go and we've done that

https://redstate.com/sister-toldjah/2023/08/30/leadership-in-action-desantis-smoothly-rejects-reporters-attempt-at-politicizing-hurricane-idalia-n2163254

• Like (+1) 3

oops.

Democrat Rep., fmr. FL Emergency Director Moskowitz:
DeSantis Invested in Building Best Emergency Management Agency

by Ian Hanchett

On Wednesday’s broadcast of CNN’s “The Source,” Rep. Jared Moskowitz (D-FL), who served as Florida’s Director of Emergency Management from 2019 to 2021 and was appointed to the post by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), stated that DeSantis is “doing a good job on emergency management” and has invested “into building the greatest emergency management agency of any state in the State of Florida.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/08/30/dem-rep-fmr-fl-emergency-director-moskowitz-desantis-invested-in-building-best-emergency-management-agency/

• Like (+1) 2

Say, the Florida hurricane story went away pretty quickly, huh?

Have you noticed how quickly the aftermath of the hurricane became a complete non-story.

Why? Because there is no way to spin it that makes DeSantis look anything but good . . . . . . . .  so Hurricane Idalia? That’s old news.

https://datechguyblog.blog/2023/08/31/and-if-im-desantis-im-pushing-this-video-far-and-wide/

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Have you noticed how quickly the aftermath of the hurricane became a complete non-story.

Why? Because there is no way to spin it that makes DeSantis look anything but good . . . . . . . .  so Hurricane Idalia? That’s old news.

https://datechguyblog.blog/2023/08/31/and-if-im-desantis-im-pushing-this-video-far-and-wide/

If he'd tugged on the white boots we'd still be talking about him. Rookie mistake.

If republicans want to cut the budget reduce FEMA and let states cover their own loses, especially ones without personal income tax like Florida and Texas. Have insurance companies raise rates even higher in danger zones.

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

In some ways, DeSantis is more dangerous than Trump

But I also respect it DeSantis absolutely believes in what he is saying he is a true believer

Trump is just a grifter he will say whatever will get more money into his pocket

In what ways is he “more dangerous”? Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, B-Man said:

I saw a tweet saying "thank god for hurricane Idalia, now I don't have to see trump on TV" with thousands of likes and shares.

its crazy there are actually people mad right now due to people not being hurt, for partisan reasons.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JDHillFan said:

In what ways is he “more dangerous”? Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. 

Come on now.  Romney, who libs now love, was going to reinstitute slavery for blacks and women.  Anyone who is a Repub frontrunner is "worse than X."  It's beyond a clown show at this point and people are starting to ignore those who say it.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Desantis Torpedoes Liberal Spin About Not Meeting With Biden - With Action

ee46eaa7-c8d6-4a59-9206-6d55ba6ec0f2-105

FTA:

He wasn't just helping out but was also providing information on how people could get even more assistance. 

I'm thinking that's far more important than playing nursemaid to Biden for a few hours. And at no point did you hear a "no comment" about those affected. You didn't hear DeSantis talking about almost losing his '67 Corvette in a hurricane or how his house "almost collapsed."

He showed the difference between delivering real help versus just acting interested for a few hours. 

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2023/09/02/heres-what-desantis-was-doing-during-disaster-instead-of-meeting-with-biden-n2163368

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I was banned just a couple months cause you aren’t allowed to be critical of any bills decisions, but when I left Meatball was supposedly everyone’s favorite candidate here. 

2 months later and Meatball’s campaign is already dead hahaha 

I tried telling you guys he was a one trick pony 

LOL.  

IE, you tried your "trolling people" and the " insulting everyone that doesn't agree" on the regular page and got a time out.

only works in PPP.  not so much on the regular board or real life.