Texas (again)

34 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

WalletHub's survey considered 52 different weighted metrics, from cost of living and property taxes at the high end to low birthweights and move theaters per capita at the low end. 

Move theaters??  

Anyway you keep NJ. I’ll stay here. 

It all depends on what you value in life. Florida and Texas are retail states so their economies are quite deceiving. The working class is much poorer compared to NJ.

Do you value retail shopping more than overall health, crime, education, environment, etc? It’s ok if you do.

9 hours ago, Governor said:

It all depends on what you value in life. Florida and Texas are retail states so their economies are quite deceiving. The working class is much poorer compared to NJ.

Do you value retail shopping more than overall health, crime, education, environment, etc? It’s ok if you do.

Im not sure what this has to do with my post.  

9 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Lived in Texas for awhile back in the late '70's.

Worked hard with eager Illegals, partied hard with them.

These guys are not the problem. They're still around. Thankfully.

Whoa - you are off script.  Love it 

On 6/15/2021 at 7:58 PM, Buffalo Timmy said:

Why don't you ever check your posts? This is literally the first article when you google " why is Texas having blackouts". The legislature did pass laws but they are not fixes that can happen immediately 

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/02/1002277720/texas-lawmakers-passed-changes-to-prevent-more-blackouts-experts-say-its-not-eno

You mean laws don't magically bring power plants online?  

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Texas is soooo messed up that Houston, Austin, and Dallas are among the top 10 fastest growing cities in America.

https://myhome.freddiemac.com/blog/research_and_analysis/20210201_population_growith_in_us.page

Thank god - nothing like turning that state blue - hence the need for all the voter suppression laws.

And the quality of life (assuming you survive) is just oh so awesome - guns - everyone gets a gun!

Just now, BillStime said:

Thank god - nothing like turning that state blue - hence the need for all the voter suppression laws.

And the quality of life (assuming you survive) is just oh so awesome - guns - everyone gets a gun!

The quality of life is amazing.  I get paid similarly to my colleagues in the Manhattan or LA offices but housing, energy, services are a fraction of the cost.   

I guess I should give that up because people can now carry guns in government hearings but cannot carry in bars, sporting events, the workplace, and basically everywhere else they could not carry before. Oh, and we lost power for a few days in an extremely rare multi-day freezing event.  Nothing left to do but pack my bags back to WNY so I can take a massive pay cut in a trash job market with zero economic growth and pay more taxes.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

The quality of life is amazing.  I get paid similarly to my colleagues in the Manhattan or LA offices but housing, energy, services are a fraction of the cost.   

I guess I should give that up because people can now carry guns in government hearings but cannot carry in bars, sporting events, the workplace, and basically everywhere else they could not carry before. Oh, and we lost power for a few days in an extremely rare multi-day freezing event.  Nothing left to do but pack my bags back to WNY so I can take a massive pay cut in a trash job market with zero economic growth and pay more taxes.

Do you keep your thermostat set at 78 too? 

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

14 minutes ago, BillStime said:

This is just juvenile. You should go on a Dallas Cowboys board and let them know what you think of their culture. 

I'm sure those guys would love to hear what a hoitey toitey millennial  New York liberal progressive city slicker thinks of their way of life 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Where do you live?

How many times have you been to Texas and where did you visit?

From WNY but live Boston.

I’ve been to Texas numerous times for work and have a ton of family and friends there as well.

I have been all over - Dallas, Austin, Houston, Katy, San Antonio and Beaumont.

If you like sprawl and dead urban centers - it’s the place to be. 

16 hours ago, Governor said:

I have been to Patterson, Camden, and Newark and if you think they have anything good vs where I live on Florida you are nuts. And we have already had this discussion the only ranking that NJ beats FL educationally is in spending, as far as performance FL wins.

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

From WNY but live Boston.

I’ve been to Texas numerous times for work and have a ton of family and friends there as well.

I have been all over - Dallas, Austin, Houston, Katy, San Antonio and Beaumont.

If you like sprawl and dead urban centers - it’s the place to be. 

boston. The most racist city in America lol