The American Media Should Not Be Trusted

I’ve lived long enough that I…

Ask not what my country can do for me

Reject the idea of funding ridiculous foreign wars 

Still appreciate the lofty goals of the Space Program 

Go figure…..I’ve been sitting here for over half a century…and now I’m a Democrat! Who knew? 

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ve lived long enough that I…

Ask not what my country can do for me

Reject the idea of funding ridiculous foreign wars 

Still appreciate the lofty goals of the Space Program 

Go figure…..I’ve been sitting here for over half a century…and now I’m a Democrat! Who knew? 

Yes. You are a Democrat.

Nothing wrong with being a JFK Democrat! It's really not that different from being an old-fashioned, post-1988/pre-2016 Republican.

(I guess Vietnam doesn't count now??)

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yes. You are a Democrat.

Nothing wrong with being a JFK Democrat! It's really not that different from being an old-fashioned, post-1988/pre-2016 Republican.

(I guess Vietnam doesn't count now??)

What I find fascinating is how the Left trashed Trump for having been a Democrat. I’m beginning to understand why. The Democratic Party doesn’t stand for very much of anything it used to. That’s neither good or bad, just an observation….but it’s definitely fascinating how so many things have flipped. 

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Oh, come one. This is not your father's Kennedy.

Read the NYT article. It's short. And honestly, the five things they point to are pretty unhinged. And they kind of underplay the level of crazy when it comes to the assassination of his father, stating that RFK Jr. has suggested there was a CIA conspiracy to kill him. In reality, RFK Jr. has expressed doubts that Sirhan Sirhan was actually the assassin, or the sole assassin. Everyone saw it on TV, but he tells us not to believe our lyin' eyes.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/robert-f-kennedy-jr-says-hes-not-convinced-sirhan-sirhan-killed-his-dad

This guy is a nutcase. 

___________________ privately told _____________ execs to be cautious about mRNA vaccines because "we just don't know the long-term side effects of basically modifying people's DNA and RNA."

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1676792059267788802.html

Answer to fill in the blanks: 

—Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook 

He then censored scientists, doctors, and mRNA vaccine-injured individuals.

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

What I find fascinating is how the Left trashed Trump for having been a Democrat. I’m beginning to understand why. The Democratic Party doesn’t stand for very much of anything it used to. That’s neither good or bad, just an observation….but it’s definitely fascinating how so many things have flipped. 

Their far-left turn is not good.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Again, another disturbing area of agreement ...

Trumpism is in a lot of ways a kind of modern-day Trumanism. You have the idea that the government can protect old industry (steel, automobiles, etc.) through a combination of protectionism/tariffs and industrial policy/subsidies. Grafted onto that is a kind of ill-considered Kissinger like realpolitik - the rejection of the focus on international human rights that was in ascendancy from Nixon through Bush in favor of, well, America First. This was the turf occupied by many Democrats like Sen Scoop Jackson when I was a kid. 

I find it interesting that the pacifism of the left - let's get out of Vietnam! let's keep out of Iraq! - is now the province of the Trumpist right. Obviously we stayed in Vietnam too long, and obviously Iraq was a mistake from the start. But that doesn't mean JFK's response to the Cuban Missile Crisis was a mistake, or that our support for Ukraine is a mistake. I rejected the wholesale pacifism of the left back in those days just as I reject the "who cares about Ukraine" pacifism of the right today. I care because it's a just cause, AND because it's in America's interest to rein in Russia's ambitions.

REMINDER: Mitt Romney was right; Barack Obama was wrong.

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

___________________ privately told _____________ execs to be cautious about mRNA vaccines because "we just don't know the long-term side effects of basically modifying people's DNA and RNA."

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1676792059267788802.html

Answer to fill in the blanks: 

—Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook 

He then censored scientists, doctors, and mRNA vaccine-injured individuals.

Where are all these "mRNA vaccine-injured individuals?" 

And why would I care what Mark Zuckerberg - not some kind of immunologist - privately thought about it?

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Again, another disturbing area of agreement ...

Trumpism is in a lot of ways a kind of modern-day Trumanism. You have the idea that the government can protect old industry (steel, automobiles, etc.) through a combination of protectionism/tariffs and industrial policy/subsidies. Grafted onto that is a kind of ill-considered Kissinger like realpolitik - the rejection of the focus on international human rights that was in ascendancy from Nixon through Bush in favor of, well, America First. This was the turf occupied by many Democrats like Sen Scoop Jackson when I was a kid. 

I find it interesting that the pacifism of the left - let's get out of Vietnam! let's keep out of Iraq! - is now the province of the Trumpist right. Obviously we stayed in Vietnam too long, and obviously Iraq was a mistake from the start. But that doesn't mean JFK's response to the Cuban Missile Crisis was a mistake, or that our support for Ukraine is a mistake. I rejected the wholesale pacifism of the left back in those days just as I reject the "who cares about Ukraine" pacifism of the right today. I care because it's a just cause, AND because it's in America's interest to rein in Russia's ambitions.

REMINDER: Mitt Romney was right; Barack Obama was wrong.

Where are all these "mRNA vaccine-injured individuals?" 

And why would I care what Mark Zuckerberg - not some kind of immunologist - privately thought about it?

Frank, That’s way too much typing for me to do from my towel at the beach. 😎

Only WE can be  distributers of information.

Professional Censors Are Furious That A Federal Court Stopped The Biden Admin From Suppressing Speech.

“We’re not talking about direct government censorship.

We’re talking about the government alerting social media companies to potential problems,” Metzger told the DCNF.

“The social media companies can do what they want with the information.

Personally, I doubt that the social media companies feel ‘coerced’ in these kinds of instances.”

elaine-george-sure-ok-okay_new-536x311.j

https://dailycaller.com/2023/07/06/professional-censors-furious-federal-court-stopped-biden-admin-suppressing-speech/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1

On 7/6/2023 at 3:12 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

Oh, come one. This is not your father's Kennedy.

Read the NYT article. It's short. And honestly, the five things they point to are pretty unhinged. And they kind of underplay the level of crazy when it comes to the assassination of his father, stating that RFK Jr. has suggested there was a CIA conspiracy to kill him. In reality, RFK Jr. has expressed doubts that Sirhan Sirhan was actually the assassin, or the sole assassin. Everyone saw it on TV, but he tells us not to believe our lyin' eyes.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/robert-f-kennedy-jr-says-hes-not-convinced-sirhan-sirhan-killed-his-dad

This guy is a nutcase. 

Wow.

Joe Biden claims his son died in Iraq when he definitively, unquestionably died in Bethesda in 2015, he's Presidential.

RFK Jr suggests the CIA was responsible for his father's death and that there may have been a second shooter... he's a nutcase based on grainy footage from 50 years ago.

You guys do this a lot where Biden is concerned, it's pretty funny. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Wow.

Joe Biden claims his son died in Iraq when he definitively, unquestionably died in Bethesda in 2015, he's Presidential.

RFK Jr suggests the CIA was responsible for his father's death and that there may have been a second shooter... he's a nutcase based on grainy footage from 50 years ago.

You guys do this a lot where Biden is concerned, it's pretty funny. 

He doesn't base it on "grainy footage from 50 years ago".  He bases it on ballistics and the autopsy.  He explains it all in last 10 minutes of his interview with Bill Maher.

Start at 1:49

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

He doesn't base it on "grainy footage from 50 years ago".  He bases it on ballistics and the autopsy.  He explains it all in last 10 minutes of his interview with Bill Maher.

Start at 1:49

Misunderstanding…Frankish mentioned the footage of the shooting and that RFK Jr was a nutcase.    

Maybe he is, maybe he isn’t.  I was just focused on the contrast of Biden v RFK Jr and treatment thereof.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Misunderstanding…Frankish mentioned the footage of the shooting and that RFK Jr was a nutcase.    

Maybe he is, maybe he isn’t.  I was just focused on the contrast of Biden v RFK Jr and treatment thereof.  

Lenny, Lenny, Lenny.  He's a nutcase but it's understandable given his family history.  He's an apostrophe in American history by his own doing. If you're trying to parrot Lenny Bruce, give it up...I was refused admission to the Lenny movie when I was 16 at a Niagara Falls cinema.   The owners son is still my friend tho.  He vouched for me...didn't work.  17 was the cut off.

Edited by redtail hawk

7 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Lenny, Lenny, Lenny.  He's a nutcase but it's understandable given his family history.  He's an apostrophe in American history by his own doing. If you're trying to parrot Lenny Bruce, give it up...I was refused admission to the Lenny movie when I was 16 at a Niagara Falls cinema.   The owners son is still my friend tho.  He vouched for me...didn't work.  17 was the cut off.

I don’t follow the Lenny Bruce reference.  I don’t know much about the man. 

I’m sorry to hear about the cinema experience, but rules are rules.  You’re stronger for it.  ✊🏻

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I don’t follow the Lenny Bruce reference.  I don’t know much about the man. 

I’m sorry to hear about the cinema experience, but rules are rules.  You’re stronger for it.  ✊🏻

watch Mrs Maisel.  He's a featured character and it's a beautifully written show.  The heroine is beautiful with very cool clothes.