Highest inflation since...

9 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Y’all know we have decent data that the Republican states that ended the enhanced unemployment early are still seeing massive labor shortages right?

For labor, this isn’t a Biden thing. This isn’t a Trump thing. This is a fundamental shift in the US labor market that’s going on right now. 

It was something that was going on as we saw boomers starting to transition out of the labor market and the newer generations with different values come up. Instead of a slow process on the change, COVID threw gas on a fire to speed it up.

Well reasoned post. There’s definitely some truth to it. Boomers are indeed retiring in droves these days. 

Edited by SoCal Deek

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

That 70s Show: Inflation spikes to 13-year high

b37127ac-6bc1-49f4-b7fe-6cc18f2cc853-450

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021/10/13/that-70s-show-inflation-spikes-to-13-year-high-n422104

Alright , I quit. I can’t keep up with your spam. It’s too much.

but to show what your right wing friends feel about this:

Why, so you can continue to flood this message board with every nonsensical piece of garbage you harvest out of the Twitter sphere? You don’t think people can go on Twitter and read this crap for themselves? Copying and pasting is NOT the purpose of a message board. Try offering something of value, or a slightly well reasoned adult worthy opinion once in a while and you’ll watch my standard bored to death response change. Ready, set, go! “

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/7/2021 at 3:03 PM, SoCal Deek said:

And yet liberals claim to be the champions of the working class.   Hey Joe......AOC is NOT the working class! 

This.

What

A

Mess

Edited by Irv

1 minute ago, Irv said:

Answer this honestly.  Let's say the free money is no longer being handed out.  Do you think the eviction moratorium is having any impact on people staying home?  What about moratoriums on utility shut-off's?  These can reach into the ten's of thousands.  Also, I'd like to know this - will the government guarantee all the back rents and utilities that have not been paid?  No way. Those costs will be socialized.  Who do you think pays for electric bill arrears?  That's right - you and me.  Well not necessarily you.  

What

A

Mess     

Believe me when I say I’m in the group they’re targeting. So much so that AOC wrote it on her arse! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Believe me when I say I’m in the group they’re targeting. So much so that AOC wrote it on her arse! 

Apologies.  Ended up quoting you vs my original target BackintheDumb.  

On 10/7/2021 at 11:09 PM, Backintheday544 said:

Y’all know we have decent data that the Republican states that ended the enhanced unemployment early are still seeing massive labor shortages right?

For labor, this isn’t a Biden thing. This isn’t a Trump thing. This is a fundamental shift in the US labor market that’s going on right now. 

It was something that was going on as we saw boomers starting to transition out of the labor market and the newer generations with different values come up. Instead of a slow process on the change, COVID threw gas on a fire to speed it up.

There is some credence to your insights.  It might be the pandemic situation has catalyzed or enabled these events.  But there are demographic and generational cycles at work here along with business, social, political, monetary system cycles.  Other things like cycles and progressions of energy sources and availability.  The main premise is real-life is a cyclical phenomena and not a linear progression of constant and uninterrupted "progress".  Like the concept of biorhythms that run on different cycles lengths relative to time.  When all four are peaking you're at your best and when all four are bottoming you're at your worst. 

And currently it appears most if not all of these economic, social and political cycles are either trending down or in the process of reaching a critical bottom.  The result being some very unpleasant circumstances to deal with for the foreseeable future.

If you've never read it, one book that lays the generational story based on an 80 year cycle with 4 phases for the American experience is The Fourth Turning by Strauss & Howe.  You may find references in articles or stories to one of the four cycles they define as "the fourth turning".  Its a period of great unrest and crisis that lasts approximately a generation or twenty years give or take.  That's what they predicted for the current times starting about 2006.  It was published in 1996 but it is eerily accurate in its descriptions of the current times.  And as I watched much of what they forecast actually play out I used their insights in preparation for what has happened and what likely will happen in the next few years.  One core idea is every generation faces the crisis period in their lifetimes.  The difference is when they face it.  In youth, young adulthood, middle age, or in their elder years.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

Demented Biden.  What a shame so many fools voted for this guy.  The Republicans can run a three legged, blind Shnauzer against him in 2024 and win easily.  That is if he is still alive or not the memory care clinic droooling on himself.  

What

A

Mess

24 minutes ago, Irv said:

Demented Biden.  What a shame so many fools voted for this guy.  The Republicans can run a three legged, blind Shnauzer against him in 2024 and win easily.  That is if he is still alive or not the memory care clinic droooling on himself.  

What

A

Mess

They should be able too, but I’m not convinced. Look at the unprecedented actions taken to steal the election from Trump. Millions of unverifiable paper ballots, unprecedented in our history. Somehow going to the grocery store or Wal Mart was deemed “ safe” but in person voting - a stronghold of American Democracy - was life threatening. In short, too many Americans may simply be too dumb to get this numbskull Biden and his minions in the Democrat Party out of office. Look at the support he gets in this forum. Absolutely mind boggling. 

17 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

They should be able too, but I’m not convinced. Look at the unprecedented actions taken to steal the election from Trump. Millions of unverifiable paper ballots, unprecedented in our history. Somehow going to the grocery store or Wal Mart was deemed “ safe” but in person voting - a stronghold of American Democracy - was life threatening. In short, too many Americans may simply be too dumb to get this numbskull Biden and his minions in the Democrat Party out of office. Look at the support he gets in this forum. Absolutely mind boggling. 

Actually, notice the lib takeover right after the election, that prompted several long-time posters here to jump ship to another MB.  Now pretty much all you see is BStime vainly posting in the January 6th thread.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Actually, notice the lib takeover right after the election, that prompted several long-time posters here to jump ship to another MB.  Now pretty much all you see is BStime vainly posting in the January 6th thread.

In his world every day is January 6th. It has to be or people will start paying attention to clown show currently running this country. 

• Agree 2

Jim Cramer Says ‘Astounding’ Inflation ‘Much Worse’ Than Thought: ‘Just Unbelievable’

CNBC on Wednesday spoke with hedge fund manager and Robin Hood Foundation founder Paul Tudor Jones, who said that inflation is “much worse than we fear.” A short time later on Squawk Box, CNBC’s Jim Cramer agreed with Jones’ assessment, and added a few more dire words to the mix.

Host Rebecca Quick asked Cramer about inflation, a major topic of the day in finance.

“Let’s talk about inflation and where things stand right now,” she said. “Let’s talk about the questions that investors are kind of wondering right now. If you’re worried about inflation, it’s a huge, huge issue.”

Cramer agreed it’s a huge issue. He also brought up Jones talking about it earlier in the day and agreed with that, too.

“Yeah. I mean, look, I think Paul Tudor Jones, as always, is right about inflation. It’s much worse than we thought,” he said. “I keep hoping that the capacity will come on and make it so that it’s not as bad, but it just can’t seem to come on as fast enough.”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/jim-cramer-says-astounding-inflation-much-worse-than-thought-just-unbelievable/

• Like (+1) 1

Demented Biden and his communist buddy Newsom have gas prices up over $8 a gallon in California.  Doing it on purpose to destroy America starting on the west coast.  What a bunch of abject losers.   

What a Mess.jpg

Edited by Irv
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Irv said:

That’s a source that one town in the US has $8 gas prices. That’s not a source that “Demented Biden and his communist buddy Newsom have gas prices up” please source your comment that Newsom and Biden have the gas prices up.