Congrats liberals!

You won!

- murders in my city are skyrocketing 

- police are resigning in droves

- gun sales are soaring 

- getting advise not to go into certain neighborhoods anymore 

- elite tech social media companies and equity owners are extremely wealthy and growing.

thanks for repping the people. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You won!

- gun sales are soaring 

- elite tech social media companies and equity owners are extremely wealthy and growing.

Definitely a well thought reaction by someone who claims to be an independent. 

What city do you live in?

DC? Baltimore?

7 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You won!

- gun sales are soaring 

Yes all these things are happening and they're not good. 

But the thing is, I agree with a many of the goals and objectives the liberals have laid out.  Where we disagree is how to get is all done.  How to pay for it all.  One of my primary life philosophies is "take care of yourself first"  If you don't or can't do that how can you be in any position to help anyone else?  And my main disagreement with their approach to all their ideas is all the benefits of all the programs are granted to specific individuals or groups and the costs of all the programs are socialized and put on the backs of other individuals or groups.  It doesn't seem equitable that someone pays the whole dinner check and doesn't get to eat based solely on the premise they can afford it.    

Remove all the political rhetoric and social goodie-goodie talk and it all boils down to who pays for it.  I think it was Milton Friedman that said there are four ways money gets spent.  They are:

1. You spend your money on yourself

2. You spend your money on someone else

3. You spend someone else's money on yourself

4. You spend someone else;s money on someone else.

Guess which one's the liberals prefer?  Yes, number 3 and 4.  There's our problem.  The lib's are like the friend you have that when you split the dinner check they order a burger and fries.  And when you pay they order surf and turf,  a couple appetizers, and dessert plus a half-dozen mixed drinks.      

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Well if they are anything like Chauvin

why would we want them back?

Those likely aren’t the ones resigning.  They’re pros up even more angry than before. Do you think making them the enemy will help this problem or exacerbate it?  

• Like (+1) 1

You seem kinda scared Snowflake. 

34 minutes ago, Doc said:

The downward spiral has begun. We’re not getting all those police officers back.  

Yes, that’s what we need. More cops on the streets!

People have lost their minds.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffarukus said:

where do you live again? curious to who thinks the violence in cities are laugh out loud funny?

I’m laughing more at the “advise” part. I’ve lived in 5 major cities. I’ve seen some really bad things. I’ve been robbed at gun point multiple times. I’ve seen people get stabbed.

Florida is a total hell-hole. It’s by far the most dangerous state to live in.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, The Governor said:

I’m laughing more at the “advise” part. I’ve lived in 5 major cities. I’ve seen some really bad things. I’ve been robbed at gun point multiple times. I’ve seen people get stabbed.

so if you know this why do you think rising violence and lack of police is not concerning for us that live in them?

2 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

so if you know this why do you think rising violence and lack of police is not concerning for us that live in them?

There isn’t a lack of police. There’s already way too many police. It’s a boogeyman in your head. Stop living your life in fear. Turn off your talk radio.

• Haha (+1) 1

There isn’t a lack of police. There’s already way too many police. It’s a boogeyman in your head. Stop living your life in fear. Turn off your talk radio.

oh ok. ill let the people know from the uptick in murders in my city its the boogeymen in their heads and we need less police.

thanks for the clarification.

Just now, Buffarukus said:

oh ok. ill let the people know from the uptick in murders in my city its the boogeymen in their heads and we need less police.

thanks for the clarification.

The “uptick” in murders is from 1/3 of the country being unemployed from a pandemic. It isn’t from “lack of police.”  It’s a trend. Crime goes up, crime goes down.

9 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You won!

- gun sales are soaring 

You left one off:

2 minutes ago, The Governor said:

The “uptick” in murders is from 1/3 of the country being unemployed from a pandemic. It isn’t from “lack of police.”  It’s a trend. Crime goes up, crime goes down.

1/3?  The Biden Administration keeps saying that nationally on average it is around 6 percent.  Surely, there is no one area that is still stuck at 1/3 despite the efforts of your great leader?  

11 minutes ago, The Governor said:

so when crime goes up...just let it.

its natural and will take care of itself eventually.

gotcha. it makes perfect sense.

im sure the victims feel different but whatever, pandemic. nothings changed for the guy in flipflops who can walk to the local frogert stand. 

Edited by Buffarukus

11 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

1/3?  The Biden Administration keeps saying that nationally on average it is around 6 percent.  Surely, there is no one area that is still stuck at 1/3 despite the efforts of your great leader?  

Our great leader is cleaning up your mess and will continue to do so for 7.5 more years.

I feel like I’m talking to a bunch of old geezers that live in little gated, deed-restricted communities in Florida.

Edited by The Governor
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, T master said:

What great leader is this of which you talk 🤔

hes talking about the guy who advocates the 1/3 lockdown that he says attributes to unemployment that is responsable for the crime rise....that will take care of itself with less police.

turn off the news, its in your head.

Edited by Buffarukus

Do you guys want an honest “street level” breakdown of why crime has increased in the last year?

I don’t want to scare anyone.  Let me know.

go ahead so i can explain it to my neighborhood. we are all "street level" and are really confused right now.

2 minutes ago, The Governor said:

Do you guys want an honest “street level” breakdown of why crime has increased in the last year?

Sure what's your expert evaluation of the situation ? I'll read it along with Mel Kiper's expertise and i can learn a bunch from both .

5 minutes ago, The Governor said:

Yes please 

2 hours ago, Melon said:

Live photo of @Over 29 years of fanhood making this post

558a11d70f6f4597989cee9cf9516b45.jpg

Lol... I blame that guy too he paved the road to this power imbalance with his horrid personality 

1 hour ago, The Governor said:

- getting advise not to go into certain neighborhoods anymore.

LMAO.

African American police officer neighbor. Says they are quietly being told to stop engaging criminals in certain areas...  and let it go

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yes please 

Lol... I blame that guy too he paved the road to this power imbalance with his horrid personality 

Ok. Think back to March and when everything shut down. Think about all those millions of people that went on unemployment. Now think about the millions that couldn’t get unemployment. Think about all the gangs and drug dealers that rely on millions of people coming to purchase drugs every single day.

That entire business came to a grinding halt. People are desperate. Of course crime is going to rise. Common sense.

51 minutes ago, The Governor said:

Florida?  Most dangerous?  Bwahahahahahahaa!!  

How have you drawn this conclusion?  

Ok. Think back to March and when everything shut down. Think about all those millions of people that went on unemployment. Now think about the millions that couldn’t get unemployment. Think about all the gangs and drug dealers that rely on millions of people coming to purchase drugs every single day.

That entire business came to a grinding halt. People are desperate. Of course crime is going to rise. Common sense.

Fair point.... and we still had highest covid numbers in the world. What a destructive decision in retrospect.  vilifying the police based on a few pieces of garbage is having unintended consequences too. 

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

African American police officer neighbor. Says they are quietly being told to stop engaging criminals in certain areas...  and let it go

Have they been told to stop policing neighborhoods of color?  Because that’s where they’ll have to start. 

4 minutes ago, The Governor said:

The entire business came to a grinding halt?  Drug use has soared during the pandemic.  

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Florida?  Most dangerous?  Bwahahahahahahaa!!  

How have you drawn this conclusion?  

CNN has infected their brains. Everything is wonderful except in Florida and Texas. 

8 minutes ago, The Governor said:

oh damn see we all said trump,but your saying it was the Democrats who imposed authorative lockdowns even after evidence showed they were ineffective and crippled their economies...leading to desperation. 

and now their villanization of officers and lenient DAs are leading to laws not be prosecuted and enforcement not being used? 

man that some street level real talk. thank you.

Edited by Buffarukus

39 minutes ago, The Governor said:

Our great leader is cleaning up your mess and will continue to do so for 7.5 more years.

I feel like I’m talking to a bunch of old geezers that live in little gated, deed-restricted communities in Florida.

We left no mess and 7.5 years to clean up the first 100 days of Biden overflowing his Depends diaper seems like too long of a time.  Lets move on to DeSantis who will have the Biden malaise cleaned up during his first 30 days in office.  

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The entire business came to a grinding halt?  Drug use has soared during the pandemic.  

Certain segments of the population were affected in different ways. I can tell you this, the traffic going into those areas drastically decreased during those months. Money wasn’t coming in like it normally does.