Taxed in Life & Taxed in Death aka Estate Tax .

So i read just yesterday Biden is at it again trying to screw some more hard working people out of more of the money they have worked for their entire lives . 

I don't know what jack ass actually thought of this law the death tax but they need to be slapped really hard ! Teddy Roosevelt i found out was a huge proponent of the death tax and pushed hard for it .

Isn't it bad enough that you go through your entire life either building a small business from little bit of nothing and through out the life of that business you pay all the taxes & insurances and all that goes along with building the business only for your family to get screwed again after you die and have to pay capital gains tax on it weather you keep the business or not ?

Farmers you know all of them are muti thousandaires and after busting their ass their entire life on the farm buying more land just to be competitive in the farming industry the elder owner dies & leaves it to his family only for Super Joe & the Dem party to try & make the law harder for those that have been left the land and all the possible debt to go along with it to have to pay a capital gains tax what a POS .

We need to have someone in the office that actually GAS about the people that have not only help keep the American economy going & building a small business but doesn't want to tax the crap out of them for doing so even in death .

It's not bad enough that once you pay off property or a building purchased for a business that you continually pay taxes even after it's PAID OFF but then after building a successful business they have to get the family 1 more time when you die .

And wouldn't you know one of it's first backers of the tax was Pres. Teddy Roosevelt and now another Pres. (same party) is trying to screw them even harder American's that have busted their ass their entire life and done the right thing by paying their taxes but then politicians screwing them just 1 last time .

The only thing different this time around is they want the death tax to be paid immediately after the property is left to the family and i would guess if it can't be paid that they would take what ever property that is left to the family after death brilliant proposal !! The good guy always gets screwed ...

I MIGHT be able to see it if the family were to sell the business to make a profit (IMHO monies should still go to those that built the business not some politician standing with their hand out) but if it's passed on to the family those politicians trying to push for this are nothing but a bunch of crooks !!

The death tax or as the politicians call it "The Estate Tax" needs to be done away with it's just another way that the "party of the people" are trying to screw over hard working Americans once again aren't you so glad Smoking Joe is the peoples President ...

• Like (+1) 2

You've conveniently forgotten that it is the highest of sins to build something to leave to your issue.

Estate taxes are a completely unashamed continuation of the attempt to eliminate the middle class entirely.  They sense the value the middle class is placing on land and want to price them out of it in order to create a more subservient class.

Proponents of such measures are without exception vile people with sour countenances who cannot incline bench.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, T master said:

So i read just yesterday Biden is at it again trying to screw some more hard working people out of more of the money they have worked for their entire lives . 

I don't know what jack ass actually thought of this law the death tax but they need to be slapped really hard ! Teddy Roosevelt i found out was a huge proponent of the death tax and pushed hard for it .

Isn't it bad enough that you go through your entire life either building a small business from little bit of nothing and through out the life of that business you pay all the taxes & insurances and all that goes along with building the business only for your family to get screwed again after you die and have to pay capital gains tax on it weather you keep the business or not ?

Farmers you know all of them are muti thousandaires and after busting their ass their entire life on the farm buying more land just to be competitive in the farming industry the elder owner dies & leaves it to his family only for Super Joe & the Dem party to try & make the law harder for those that have been left the land and all the possible debt to go along with it to have to pay a capital gains tax what a POS .

We need to have someone in the office that actually GAS about the people that have not only help keep the American economy going & building a small business but doesn't want to tax the crap out of them for doing so even in death .

It's not bad enough that once you pay off property or a building purchased for a business that you continually pay taxes even after it's PAID OFF but then after building a successful business they have to get the family 1 more time when you die .

And wouldn't you know one of it's first backers of the tax was Pres. Teddy Roosevelt and now another Pres. (same party) is trying to screw them even harder American's that have busted their ass their entire life and done the right thing by paying their taxes but then politicians screwing them just 1 last time .

The only thing different this time around is they want the death tax to be paid immediately after the property is left to the family and i would guess if it can't be paid that they would take what ever property that is left to the family after death brilliant proposal !! The good guy always gets screwed ...

I MIGHT be able to see it if the family were to sell the business to make a profit (IMHO monies should still go to those that built the business not some politician standing with their hand out) but if it's passed on to the family those politicians trying to push for this are nothing but a bunch of crooks !!

The death tax or as the politicians call it "The Estate Tax" needs to be done away with it's just another way that the "party of the people" are trying to screw over hard working Americans once again aren't you so glad Smoking Joe is the peoples President ...

I wish 99.93% of Americans had to worry about this issue.

More faux outrage.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, BillStime said:

More faux outrage.

100% of Americans have to worry about this issue, whether they own property or not.  That you're too short-sighted to recognize why isn't the OP's problem.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

100% of Americans have to worry about this issue, whether they own property or not.  That you're too short-sighted to recognize why isn't the OP's problem.

On average, how many Americans pay estate taxes?

Do you think the people that might have to pay estate taxes don't have a CPA to leverage loopholes to avoid the estate tax altogether?

50 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

You've conveniently forgotten that it is the highest of sins to build something to leave to your issue.

Estate taxes are a completely unashamed continuation of the attempt to eliminate the middle class entirely.  They sense the value the middle class is placing on land and want to price them out of it in order to create a more subservient class.

Proponents of such measures are without exception vile people with sour countenances who cannot incline bench.

?

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Raise your kids to be self sufficent and donate your estate to charity.   That's the greatest gift you can give to your children.  Yes, I am a business and property owner and lean Republican. 

Raising your kids to be self sufficient is the best gift but leaving them what you worked so hard to create should be a persons choice, not the government

• Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Raising your kids to be self sufficient is the best gift but leaving them what you worked so hard to create should be a persons choice, not the government

The passing of generational wealth contributes to the systemic and sustained corruption that exists today. 

there should be some kind of hard cap, with few loopholes and exceptions but it will never happen because the ultra wealthy either own or are the politicians.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

On average, how many Americans pay estate taxes?

Do you think the people that might have to pay estate taxes don't have a CPA to leverage loopholes to avoid the estate tax altogether?

What will be the exemption in Biden's new estate tax proposal?  

How would one avoid the estate tax?  Do you have any clue as to how it's calculated?  

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

Cry me a river for the  .1% of Americans who are rich enough to have their estates subject to estate taxes.   :doh:

I'll ask you the same question.  What will be the new estate tax exclusion?  

Edited by Chef Jim

4 hours ago, BillStime said:

More faux outrage.

Maybe in your world !

I'll tell you what if your parents are still alive (and i hope they are & you are still able to enjoy them) and if they want to leave their home, cars, and what ever else they busted their butt for in their life to you after they pass let me know & i'll come take it from you or charge you a amount that's over what you can afford to pay to keep it & then lets see what you think ? 

You'd be the first to b**ch & you'd be B**CHin so loud i could here you in Tenn.

If you work & pay taxes your entire life on something and pay it off & continue to pay taxes on it after its paid for (such as land) and decide to leave it to your kids i don't care who you are if you agree your kids should have to pay a death/estate tax on it again after you pass your more ignorant than any one could ever think you are !! 

And just by thinking that way you've proved it ...

4 minutes ago, T master said:

Maybe in your world !

I'll tell you what if your parents are still alive (and i hope they are & you are still able to enjoy them) and if they want to leave their home, cars, and what ever else they busted their butt for in their life to you after they pass let me know & i'll come take it from you or charge you a amount that's over what you can afford to pay to keep it & then lets see what you think ? 

You'd be the first to b**ch & you'd be B**CHin so loud i could here you in Tenn.

If you work & pay taxes your entire life on something and pay it off & continue to pay taxes on it after its paid for (such as land) and decide to leave it to your kids i don't care who you are if you agree your kids should have to pay a death/estate tax on it again after you pass your more ignorant than any one could ever think you are !! 

And just by thinking that way you've proved it ...

You really have no clue what you're talking about.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's getting harder and harder to believe that I'm walking around with many of you people. I cannot believe how many of you think I owe you something for having lived my life in the same country.  I don't! 

It does not take a village to raise a child. It takes parents who give a darn about their kids. I am neither tied to you, nor you to me. That being said, I won't do you any harm, and I only ask the same of you towards me. I promise to defend the country when/if we're all under attack, but let's be clear we are not family. I did not save my entire life to let a bunch of wasteful spending government hacks swoop in and tell me what they want to do with the leftovers.

My two cents!

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Neither do you.  Can you tell me what will be the estate tax exclusion could potentially move to and at what percentage the tax rate will be above and beyond that?  

Edited by Chef Jim

5 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Raise your kids to be self sufficent and donate your estate to charity.   That's the greatest gift you can give to your children.  Yes, I am a business and property owner and lean Republican. 

I like your thoughts on most issues.  

I’m saying this:  

The greatest gift you can give to your children is a strong work ethic, the willingness to put in a hard day’s work in something you love, and to encourage them to stand on your shoulders and see farther than you dared to dream.  The assets accumulated through hard work and perseverance are part of that if I choose to include in my own plan. 

What I’m thinking is:

You sandal-wearing-filthy-footed-grungy-hippie-liberal-$&$&!! 

3 hours ago, SoTier said:

Cry me a river for the  .1% of Americans who are rich enough to have their estates subject to estate taxes.   :doh:

Grab the pitchforks baby. 

55 minutes ago, BillStime said:

The amount shouldn't matter it's the principle i don't care if i made $100k or $50 million if i was the one that worked my ass off to get or build it why should you or any one else be able to charge me more tax on it if or to those i leave it to if i have been paying taxes on it for the duration of my life .

A crook is a crook weather they are in a 3 piece suit or in a pair of jeans it makes no difference what you earn should be yours and if you paid for it & paid taxes for it your family shouldn't have to pay more just because you die and leave it to your family no matter how much it is .

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, T master said:

The amount shouldn't matter it's the principle i don't care if i made $100k or $50 million if i was the one that worked my ass off to get or build it why should you or any one else be able to charge me more tax on it if or to those i leave it to if i have been paying taxes on it for the duration of my life .

A crook is a crook weather they are in a 3 piece suit or in a pair of jeans it makes no difference what you earn should be yours and if you paid for it & paid taxes for it your family shouldn't have to pay more just because you die and leave it to your family no matter how much it is .

fk taxes

Wait until you hear about the taxes you'll actually pay over the course of your lifetime. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

It's getting harder and harder to believe that I'm walking around with many of you people. I cannot believe how many of you think I owe you something for having lived my life in the same country.  I don't! 

It does not take a village to raise a child. It takes parents who give a darn about their kids. I am neither tied to you, nor you to me. That being said, I won't do you any harm, and I only ask the same of you towards me. I promise to defend the country when/if we're all under attack, but let's be clear we are not family. I did not save my entire life to let a bunch of wasteful spending government hacks swoop in and tell me what they want to do with the leftovers.

My two cents!

Listen, this is the same crowd that is all boned up about Uncle Joe and Aunt Liz saddling others with the debt people incurred for four years at a prestigious college or University replete with Sprang Break, general buffoonery, needless spending on room and board, a well-paying job coming out, a university with an endowment greater than the collective wealth of several third world countries (excluding Canada of course), and a set of financial priorities that reads

1. me

2. my stuff

3. more stuff for me.

4. new stuff to replace last year's stuff

5. bmw

6. travel

7. vacation

8. reunion with the other scofflaws

9. Biden 4 Prez

10. any financial obligations i knowingly and purposefully entered into using my good name as my word to honor said debt, but "what's in a name?". 

The payoff, they say, is that by saddling others with the debt, it frees up other money to fund items 1-9, so they're actually the hero of the day. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Haha (+1) 1