Democrats to unveil plan to pack SCOTUS because they're losers

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The misinformation is saying that anyone doesn’t want people to vote. 

Just stop. “Poorly educated” has nothing to do with knowledge of the issues.  You’re coming across as some coastal elite. There is plenty enough idiocy to go around.  

I mean I am a coastal elite.

I don’t think there is misinformation saying Republicans don’t want people to vote. Aside from all the bills they have to do that, they’re also a minority party. Another poster laid the stats pretty well. Won the popular vote in a Presidential election once since Reagan. Barely wins the Senate. Younger people are continuing to move more liberal and sites like TikTok and YouTube are helping that.

But doesn’t poor education make it harder to make informed decisions? Doesn’t it make it easier to fall for lies like Obamacare has death panels?

2 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

I mean I am a coastal elite.

I don’t think there is misinformation saying Republicans don’t want people to vote. Aside from all the bills they have to do that, they’re also a minority party. Another poster laid the stats pretty well. Won the popular vote in a Presidential election once since Reagan. Barely wins the Senate. Younger people are continuing to move more liberal and sites like TikTok and YouTube are helping that.

But doesn’t poor education make it harder to make informed decisions? Doesn’t it make it easier to fall for lies like Obamacare has death panels?

Yeah. I can spot a coastal elite 3,000 miles away. 

Please point out where in the Bills where it says they don’t want people to vote?

Please define “poor education”. 

Edited by Chef Jim

8 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Agree.  Adding seat just to swing your majority Is a bad precedent.  

My guess (since it has no chance of passing) is it's a power play to pressure the SC justices to rule in a more liberal fashion than they otherwise may have because of that threat.  That includes things on maybe punting on issues like abortion, gun control, the ACA, etc...

6 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Yeah. I can spot a coastal elite 3,000 miles away. 

Please point out where in the Bills where it says they don’t want people to vote?

Please define “poor education”. 

The Carolinas have pretty poor education. My gf was a teacher there and just moved back to NJ. I was able to sit in on their virtual classes in both states. It’s night and day difference. Places like Florida, Missouri, the South, etc. Ya, it’s not good at all.

A lot of it has to do with parenting. I mean, take a look around. We have adults that believe wild conspiracy theories and can’t tell real news from fake. They don’t even teach Civics anymore. We have 3 generations now that really have no idea how anything works in this country.

Look at what our “elder” poster pastes here each day. Poor guy is all twisted around. He believes an election was “stolen” from him. He actually knows better. He’s just trying to trick young people and he’s addicted to polarizing fake news.

I was actually the last class to have “Civics” in elementary school. So, if you’re younger than 45, you were a victim of Reagan’s “dumbing down of America.” That happened in his term. Civics was merged with Social Studies and didn’t get very much attention.

You should look up “A Nation at Risk.”

Edited by The Governor

2 hours ago, The Governor said:

The Carolinas have pretty poor education. My gf was a teacher there and just moved back to NJ. I was able to sit in on their virtual classes in both states. It’s night and day difference. Places like Florida, Missouri, the South, etc. Ya, it’s not good at all.

A lot of it has to do with parenting. I mean, take a look around. We have adults that believe wild conspiracy theories and can’t tell real news from fake. They don’t even teach Civics anymore. We have 3 generations now that really have no idea how anything works in this country.

Look at what our “elder” poster pastes here each day. Poor guy is all twisted around. He believes an election was “stolen” from him. He actually knows better. He’s just trying to trick young people and he’s addicted to polarizing fake news.

I was actually the last class to have “Civics” in elementary school. So, if you’re younger than 45, you were a victim of Reagan’s “dumbing down of America.” That happened in his term. Civics was merged with Social Studies and didn’t get very much attention.

You should look up “A Nation at Risk.”

So some of the blame lies with the school systems?   Who is more involved in the development of our school/university  curriculum?  

And again there is plenty of not being able to tell fake new from real news to go around. Who is more involved in our news system?  Most of our news outlets (left and right leaning) are pushing opinions/agendas not news.  To say this is a right issue is absurd.  

I would love to find a news organization in this country that strives for accurate reporting without a partisan slant in either direction, and shuns editorialization.  Ironically the closest think I have found to date is the BBC.  

10 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

I would love to find a news organization in this country that strives for accurate reporting without a partisan slant in either direction, and shuns editorialization.  Ironically the closest think I have found to date is the BBC.  

Nice Freudian Slip there.  ;)

4 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

So some of the blame lies with the school systems?   Who is more involved in the development of our school/university  curriculum?  

And again there is plenty of not being able to tell fake new from real news to go around. Who is more involved in our news system?  Most of our news outlets (left and right leaning) are pushing opinions/agendas not news.  To say this is a right issue is absurd.  

I just told you who was responsible for it. It was probably before you were born.

3 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

BBC is owned by Murdoch.

AP would be the best for straight news.

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Yeah, probably before I was born.  :rolleyes:

No Child Left Behind was a screw up also but in different ways. Why Bush thought Texas schools should be the model for the entire country I’ll never know. 

The damage was already done well before that tho. Reagan was the idiot that started the testing in the first place.

20 minutes ago, The Governor said:

I just told you who was responsible for it. It was probably before you were born.

BBC is owned by Murdoch.

AP would be the best for straight news.

Murdoch's ownership doesn't mean that BBC reporters are as prone to editorializing as the US press, its a cultural difference imo. 

7 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Murdoch's ownership doesn't mean that BBC reporters are as prone to editorializing as the US press, its a cultural difference imo. 

It’s definitely better than Fox but it’s something to be aware of.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, wnyguy said:

Did she get the vaccine?

Yeah, she got her second shot last week. I did also.

They had 6 new cases last week and her school is really tiny. Parents are still sending their sick kids to school. Like really people?