TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!!

Virgil

With the 100th pick the San Diego Los Angeles Chargers select Spencer Brown, Tackle, Northern Iowa.

Brown is The 2nd tackle the Chargers have drafted in this draft. Though not a massive need, the Chargers DO need a talent infusion on the lines and desperately need to keep Justin Herbert upright. Brown has the kind athleticism to start in a swing tackle role and grow into a killer RT (had he played for a big-name program, he would've gone much earlier than this), bookending Rashawn Slater.

The Lions @Reed83HOF are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 3

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Lions (Reed83HOF) are on the clock
57 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

The Lions really don't have much behind Jared Goff at the QB position, these two could be a thought ...

Kyle Trask - Florida

Kellen Mond - Texas A&M

35 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Trask is gone but Davis Simms is getting some late hype

The Draft Network has Kellen Mond listed 99th on their big board and Davis Mills 108. Lions are picking 101st, so the value seems reasonable on either, and backup/developmental QB is certainly a need. I say give them Mond and call it a day.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

The Draft Network has Kellen Mond listed 99th on their big board and Davis Mills 108. Lions are picking 101st, so the value seems reasonable on either, and backup/developmental QB is certainly a need. I say give them Mond and call it a day.

Please make it so Virg.  5 extra hours beyond the 5 hour limit is plenty.  

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

Mond at 99 is laughable.  Of course, those guys at Draft Network had Josh Allen as 125 on their big board, QB 8, behind Kyle Lauletta and Mason Rudolph, among other bums... 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

Mond at 99 is laughable.  Of course, those guys at Draft Network had Josh Allen as 125 on their big board, QB 8, behind Kyle Lauletta and Mason Rudolph, among other bums... 

Welp, it's the late third round of an imaginary message board draft, and it's 10 hours past when the Lions GM was supposed to pick. So maybe....let's not worry about it too much?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Welp, it's the late third round of an imaginary message board draft, and it's 10 hours past when the Lions GM was supposed to pick. So maybe....let's not worry about it too much?

hah, good point.  I was just commenting on the reliability of the draft network's QB analysis...

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, mannc said:

Educate me, please.  Is it laughable late, or laughable early?

2 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Educate me, please.  Is it laughable late, or laughable early?

For what it's worth, Dane Brugler, who is one of the better draft analysts out there, has Mond listed at 138 on his final Big Board.

It's such a weird year because of opt-outs and lack of combine and all of those things, I bet you'll find that a guy like Mond varies wildly from person to person in terms of his draft value.

With the 101st pick in the 2021 draft, the Detroit Lions select Trey Smith, OG, Tennessee.  

He’s the BPA. LG Vaitai is making 10M a year and could be released after this season.  Jonah Jackson is still a question mark @Rg. Can’t go wrong adding a guy we see as a starting guard in the nfl for the next 10 years+

@HappyDays and the niners are on the clock 

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The 49ers (HappyDays) are on the clock
34 minutes ago, NewEra said:

With the 101st pick in the 2021 draft, the Detroit Lions select Trey Smith, OG, Tennessee.  

He’s the BPA. LG Vaitai is making 10M a year and could be released after this season.  Jonah Jackson is still a question mark @Rg. Can’t go wrong adding a guy we see as a starting guard in the nfl for the next 10 years+

@HappyDays and the niners are on the clock 

Thank you.  Long night and didn’t sleep. Just finally woke up 

• Like (+1) 1

With the 102nd pick, the San Francisco 49ers select Janarius Robinson, EDGE, Florida State.  The Rams @Blokestradamus are on the clock.

The 49ers have nobody to rush the passer across from Nick Bosa. I would have preferred a center to develop for a year behind Alex Mack, but I don't like the options left at that position so I elected to take a high upside pass rusher with elite physical traits.

• Like (+1) 1