H.R. 1 And The Fight For Voting Rights -- We The People!

6 hours ago, BillStime said:

Of course Mister Interdependent wouldn’t question a law where all the checks and balances are wiped away and power is centralized to the ruling party. 

This hardly makes our elections fair.

Yet, still - no one here can tell us why all these changes are required.

Because you put 90 million votes in the mail, turned election day into election season, and made "absentee" voting a total joke thus half the population (we don't need Trump to tell us this we already know) believes the vote is a sham.  

Don't worry.  Facebook will help get folks to the polls on election day to vote for the "right" candidates.

Not sure why the outrage still. 

Oh wait.  That's the point.  Outrage.  Outrage everywhere!  "So go vote em out!  Outrage and more Outrage!"   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Come on man!  Dontcha know?  It’s racist!   Even our beloved POTUS said it was reminiscent of Jim Crow.  Funny how it’s only the POC in lines that won’t be getting a coooool drink of water.  

5 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I did.  Why is it racist? 

Why is that racist?

Jim - I don’t have time today (Happy Easter) to fight about the racist intent of the bill but this NYT article highlights and links specific passages of the bill that could be interpreted as limiting voting that would target specific counties and its residents.

What Georgia’s Voting Law Really Does

10 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Because you put 90 million votes in the mail, turned election day into election season, and made "absentee" voting a total joke thus half the population (we don't need Trump to tell us this we already know) believes the vote is a sham.  

Don't worry.  Facebook will help get folks to the polls on election day to vote for the "right" candidates.

Oh wait.  That's the point.  Outrage.  Outrage everywhere!  "So go vote em out!  Outrage and more Outrage!"   

Outrage? Like Trump and his lemmings biching about fraud months before the actual election and not being able to prove any of it?

Hiring a bunch of incompetent “lawyers” to run around the country planting law suits to give the impression of widespread election fraud?

If Trump had actual evidence the GQP would have hired the best. 

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Jim - I don’t have time today (Happy Easter) to fight about the racist intent of the bill but this NYT article highlights and links specific passages of the bill that could be interpreted as limiting voting that would target specific counties and its residents.

What Georgia’s Voting Law Really Does

I don’t subscribe to The Times. Can you give me some quotes. 😉

And don’t give me this “I don’t have time” *****.  I’ve been asking you why this is racist for a few days now. 🙄

23 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I don’t subscribe to The Times. Can you give me some quotes. 😉

And don’t give me this “I don’t have time” *****.  I’ve been asking you why this is racist for a few days now. 🙄

Try googling the article as each bullet below takes you right to the actual text of the law.

Now go nitpick and provide no analysis or thought of the true intentions of the law as well as how some of the parts are purposely vague - ripe for interrogation for whomever is in power.

“Voters will now have less time to request absentee ballots.

There are strict new ID requirements for absentee ballots.

It’s now illegal for election officials to mail out absentee ballot applications to all voters.

Drop boxes still exist … but barely.

Mobile voting centers (think an R.V. where you can vote) are essentially banned.

Early voting is expanded in a lot of small counties, but probably not in more populous ones.

Offering food or water to voters waiting in line now risks misdemeanor charges.

If you go to the wrong polling place, it will be (even) harder to vote.

If election problems arise, a common occurrence, it is now more difficult to extend voting hours.

With a mix of changes to vote-counting, high-turnout elections will probably mean a long wait for results.

Election officials can no longer accept third-party funding (a measure that nods to right-wing conspiracy theories).

With an eye toward voter fraud, the state attorney general will manage an election hotline.

The Republican-controlled legislature has more control over the State Election Board.

The secretary of state is removed as a voting member of the State Election Board.

The G.O.P.-led legislature is empowered to suspend county election officials.

Runoff elections will happen faster — and could become harder to manage.”

Edited by BillStime

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Try googling the article as each bullet below takes you right to the actual text of the law.

And because, Jim, I have seen you get so you already think racism is a  - go nitpick and provide no analysis or thought of the true intentions of the law as well as how some of the parts are purposely vague.

It’s now illegal for election officials to mail out absentee ballot applications to all voters.

Mobile voting centers (think an R.V. where you can vote) are essentially banned.

Early voting is expanded in a lot of small counties, but probably not in more populous ones.

If election problems arise, a common occurrence, it is now more difficult to extend voting hours.

With a mix of changes to vote-counting, high-turnout elections will probably mean a long wait for results.

Election officials can no longer accept third-party funding (a measure that nods to right-wing conspiracy theories).

With an eye toward voter fraud, the state attorney general will manage an election hotline.

The Republican-controlled legislature has more control over the State Election Board.

The secretary of state is removed as a voting member of the State Election Board.

Should be applied in every state. 

The opining aside which is inaccurate, but all these measures are legit and most importantly because it's what we've been told for 3 months, not racist and not suppression.

None of these measures are an unjust burden on voters of any color.  NONE.  

Unless you want to increase the odds of fraud, you would oppose them.  

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Should be applied in every state. 

The opining aside which is inaccurate, but all these measures are legit and most importantly because it's what we've been told for 3 months, not racist and not suppression.

None of these measures are an unjust burden on voters of any color.  NONE.  

Unless you want to increase the odds of fraud, you would oppose them.  

What’s inaccurate?

44 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Now go nitpick and provide no analysis or thought of the true intentions of the law as well as how some of the parts are purposely vague - ripe for interrogation for whomever is in power.

Wow! That’s it? That’s what all of the outrage is about? Geez...what a waste of debate.

This time it really fits...YAWN! 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Whats inaccurate? Your inability to prove me wrong?

This is over. You had your shot. You provided your list which you say is “straight out of the text of the law”. And you fell flat on your face. Now just stop the madness. This is truly a nothing burger. Please find something outrageous to pin your outrage on. This surely isn’t it. Enough! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

And I’m still waiting on how all of these are racist. 

So I have been reading through the last few pages of this thread and, unless I missed it on pages before... how is this new law racist? Seems like a level playing field for everyone.

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

FACTS!

I’m still waiting to hear what is in accurate @Big Blitz?

None of you racists will even touch or acknowledge the power shift because you know it’s fraught with potential fraud.

Hilarious to watch you guys try to sweep your racism under the rug and put this to bed. 

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

I’m still waiting to hear what is in accurate @Big Blitz?

None of you racists will even touch or acknowledge the power shift because you know it’s fraught with potential fraud.

What power shift? 

From the corrupt executive branch to the corrupt legislature?

Who cares?  

Why don't you show us why this is more corrupt.  

1 hour ago, T&C said:

So I have been reading through the last few pages of this thread and, unless I missed it on pages before... how is this new law racist? Seems like a level playing field for everyone.

from what i can gather.

biden said theres a eagle named jim involved. i think hes building a nest with peoples voter ids. baseball players killed jims cousin and are fearing his revenge so staying the hell out of georgia.

jim has not forgotten 

your all caught up.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Cool story.  

The Democrats that voted for the Iraq War 25 times later went on to oppose it.  One of those clowns just won* the presidency and I'm pretty sure it was never discussed.  

The Democrats that said Obamacare was going to fix this God awful health care system now say it needs to be replaced.  

The Democrats that said Russia stole 2016 were good with China stealing 2020.

We can do this nonsense all day. 

Why is the new bill a net negative for Georgia and more importantly, racist?  

Edited by Big Blitz